Aetherous

Videos of strange forms of healing

2 hours ago, HuangDiNeiJing said:

That's some good tuina! But I really don't get the blowing thing or whatever he's doing. Do you know what this is about? It's kinda creepy.

Yes, some of what he does indeed appears creepy. I don't personally think in a "creep" like sexual kind of way (despite what youtube commenters tend to say below his videos), but just in a mysterious oddness kind of way.

I do know of healing methods where the healer will connect to a higher type of qi by inhaling in particular ways, and then can transmit it to a patient by breathing that special kind of qi on them...there are different types of breathing depending on the result. I can't say more. I haven't heard of these methods coming from China as well, but apparently they do. I've also seen breathing onto people done during shaktipat demonstrations.

I've seen shamans do the opposite method, where they'll inhale sick qi out of the patient's body...China had a lot of shamanism early on, and is close to Siberia and Mongolia where it's more or less continued to this day. Perhaps they would also exhale onto people's bodies, too.

• Like 1

at least they died clean.  <<bad humor>>

actually I have no idea what a Poison Frog cleansing is.  Just the name seems to be warning enough.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

This is just a massage, nothing special, it may feel good for a patient, but I don't know why would he do this on the streets.

Wrong.

In the Chinese guy's video, he would psychically scan the person to find out what was wrong, as well as to determine if what he did was adequate in resolving an issue. Also, he did the method of breathing onto others (and refers to himself as having a medicine body, and connecting to a higher form of qi). Both of these things aren't part of "massage" whatsoever. If you look at his youtube channel for other videos, you can see him doing these types of healings on men as well, doing them at a distance through photographs, and you can also see that he's married and works on his wife...all evidence which points away from him just being some horny dude. But our cultural programming does certainly make us jump to such conclusions rather easily.

I won't waste further time debating what you said, if you want to continue saying it. I'll just keep using this thread to share or discuss videos of strange healing methods.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aetherous said:

I won't waste further time debating what you said, if you want to continue saying it. I'll just keep using this thread to share or discuss videos of strange healing methods.

It's interesting to see these peculiar methods. Good stuff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Dangerous...in the youtube comments people talk about their friends dying from this.

I've also heard some horror stories connected to kambo.

• Like 1

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing!

I can't say I've ever seen this technique done before...

(video should start at 13:35)

• Like 1

There's a good documentary on Amazon called Talking Story, about a woman who travels and meets healers from different traditions (I think she goes to South America, Hawaii and Nepal?) 

• Like 2

Looks like effective tuina. I learned something similar but we have very different cultural boundaries here. I've received extensive Active Release Therapy and myofascial release work and it's similar but very different setting and privacy level. The blowing method is taught in some more traditional Japanese and shamanic reiki lineages. Connecting to the reiki energy, invoking spirit guides, and projecting healing is pretty common. A lot of reiki is influenced by Pure Land, Tiantai, and Shugendo practices of mountain ascetics. The breath has a different quality when connecting to certain energies. 

• Like 2

On 10/4/2019 at 11:51 PM, GSmaster said:

She thinks its healing, but the man was just horny.

if he wasn't horny then that man is a god :D:D:P:P