CompleteReality

Is any of this proven or real?

3 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Focus on what makes 100% sense.

If it doesn't make sense, it's either something that you don't understand yet, or something false that people are repeating without understand it themselves.

If it's false, then it's really worth ignoring. If it's just something you don't yet grasp, then it's worth ignoring for now. You'll understand it when the time is right.

In the meantime, don't ignore what's clear.

Very good advice! :)

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 4:11 PM, CompleteReality said:

You've actually done cultivation? for how long? and what do you have to show for any progress? not trying to be disrepecrful with the question and if I am let me know. But I feel like their important when assessing validity i guess. Not saying you aren't, but to myself.

I am not sure what you mean by doing cultivation.  Everyone here is doing cultivation and receiving cultivation. There are no free lunches (said to me by a (...) just before he kicked my R...) Here at TDBs we are all one hand washing the other. You are not really asking about my path. Even so learning how to move energy in or out of the body is a great way to start in my experience: most alchemy is 99.9% energy gathering and focusing, and 1%intention. Nature assists actions that follow her lead, so IMO starting the formation of your own functional spirit body is the next step.

Edited by mrpasserby
clearity

3 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Focus on what makes 100% sense.

If it doesn't make sense, it's either something that you don't understand yet, or something false that people are repeating without understand it themselves.

If it's false, then it's really worth ignoring. If it's just something you don't yet grasp, then it's worth ignoring for now. You'll understand it when the time is right.

In the meantime, don't ignore what's clear.

To ignore that which is murky for what is clear makes sense in away, but what if you look at it as two halves and youre completely ignoring a half. At least for a little while, but wouldn't you spend energy making sense of that which doesn't make sense first if it will effects what's already clear and established? How did things get clear in the first place but by sifting through  the unclear amd figuring out whats false and true. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrpasserby said:

I am not sure what you mean by doing cultivation.

Everyone here is doing cultivation and receiving cultivation.

what is cultivation for you all I should have asked first.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, CompleteReality said:

what is cultivation for you all I should have asked first.

In my experience: I found that the fastest way to increase my spirits functionality skills and to gain experiential knowledge was to: state clearly to you spirit guides (known or unknown) that you want to prepare to have a job within the unseen world /world of spirits. In my experience: this should begin 'the process of trying to acquire or develop a quality or skill, and then be open to receive the natural increase as it comes.

Edited by mrpasserby
clarifying information

Real effort and practice answers a thousand questions.  It is the only way to be sure.

If you are looking for yourself then it is very much worth it from the first hour on the first day.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 6:28 PM, rideforever said:

Real effort and practice answers a thousand questions.  It is the only way to be sure.

If you are looking for yourself then it is very much worth it from the first hour on the first day.

Thank you very much for writing this approach. I strained to say as much but in the end mentioning examples of my spirit craft won out. In my experience: both designs work the best together:)

Edited by mrpasserby
clearity

no matter how much we read and memorize it will not be enough...for those are pointers which have their place and purpose,  but we still have to go where the pointers point to really understand what the maps are trying to tell us.   Btw. in Hinduism we can not gain or lose the true "Self" (although it is veiled and may be unveiled) thus a Self or Spirit that I'd say is also alluded to in Taoism.   

Good luck which doesn't hurt...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3bob said:

no matter how much we read and memorize it will not be enough...for those are pointers which have their place and purpose,  but we still have to go where the pointers point to really understand what the maps are trying to tell us.   Btw. in Hinduism we can not gain or lose the true "Self" (although it is veiled and may be unveiled) thus a Self or Spirit that I'd say is also alluded to in Taoism.   

Good luck which doesn't hurt...

Notably good unseen world comments: :)

In my experience: The least opportunity to work beyond the vale can give you great advantage toward your future possibilities.

Edited by mrpasserby
Deleted a partially expressed thought

4 hours ago, CompleteReality said:

I read somewhere that the Dao is nature or the nature of things. Being in the flow of nature is being Dao correct?

Start with Tao Te Ching and Chuang Tzu, then look into I Ching. You may find also stories of the Eight Taoist Immortals interesting.

Meditation is essential. You don't need to sit in lotus for hours on end but you must find some practice and stick to it. Martial arts can help, but might also distract. Give it a try to see what works.

Focus on your breath. Breathing is an underrated skill. Borrow mindfulness from the Buddhists. It's just a form of meditation after all.

Beware of desire for power, you will never be powerful enough. But if you release your need for power you may find a new power you never knew existed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'Beware of desire for power, you will never be powerful enough. But if you release your need for power you may find a new power you never knew existed.'

Hello,'Lost in Translation' Great wisdom there Thanks.

Edited by mrpasserby
completed a partially expressed thought
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

But what I mean is more like your consciousness surviving, as a separate noncorporeal form (light body), rather than your spirit returning to the source or being reincarnated.

In my experience: this is a good question.

If you can't cut it in a higher plane of existence then what options do you have?

Your physical body was grown by you or for you?

We know in its original form it is temporary.

Can your temporary body be changed into a more permanent form?

At my current level I usually work with spirits/light bodies, their is more, and I am looking to find out.

Edited by mrpasserby
completed a partially expressed thought

14 hours ago, CompleteReality said:

How did things get clear in the first place but by sifting through  the unclear amd figuring out whats false and true.

In my experience: it is all about creating your own functional spirit/light body, in order to evolve from a intelligence living as a temporary being to a more permanent higher functioning being on some level.

As far as I know people can do it, it just seams to be a matter of who will make it a priority.

This forum is one of the few places where I for one have found that the process is taken seriously and some seam to have made it a reality for themselves.

17 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

imagine if immortality really means an immortal spirit and not physical immortality. That your consciousness would survive death (or that you actually had a choice in where you go...)

Yes all is possible.   The spirit that is within always returns to the Source on physical death, the question is, will it dissolve in the great ocean of the Source or will it remain intact in that ocean.   What will be poured into a new form ?  Will it be a new mixture of material from the ocean, or will it be a complete being (soul).

The spirit is within but is it fusing into a whole being ?   Only if it does so will it remain intact on its voyage beyond the body.   Otherwise it will dissolve because it never fused.

Either way nothing is lost.   For most humans and creatures (as it appears) there is no fusion and no real knowledge of the spirit.   Nothing really happens to the spirit within the body.   On death nothing happened to it, nobody remembered it, nobody nourished it, nobody wished to be it, nobody remembered it, and it did not fuse.

When you walk through your days when is it you remember your spirit ?  Never ?   So how can it fuse.   The state of Self-Remembering means that you always remember (are in inner contact with) your spirit.   Always.   Before you eyes open already you remember your spirit.  You love your spirit and essence.   You do not breathe without feeling it always always always.

That requires some work to do.

What happens when the body dies is not the problem.   What happens when people wake up in the morning is the problem.   Normally as soon as they wake up they completely lose touch with their spirit and swim in a bunch of thoughts feelings and externalities for the entire day and once in a blue moon they wonder why.   What chance do they have ?

That is why the disciplines of sitting meditation, every day in a particular place in a particular way, every day, every day, every day, every day, again and again and again, is very efficient.

So it's not a question of whether you will be immortal, but whether you actually care about your spirit.

It is good to sit in meditation in front of a mirror, every morning and night for half an hour.   Every day for several months.   For awakening 2.5 hrs is a good number to practice.   So when you see yourself in the mirror can you feel ... the meaning ?

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 2

I don't know if the point is to "achieve immortality" for all. Maybe for some, but they might be disappointed when they find out it is a spiritual immortality. Even more-so if they go down the wrong road and spend eternity suffering in bondage.

I think pretty much every religion dangles some sort of supernatural carrot to entice it's followers to partake in it. Looking past the gold laden promises and peering into the heart of the matter, one might come to perceive the glaring truth of actuality. (What we really are)

• Like 2

On 30/12/2018 at 11:43 PM, CompleteReality said:

Why Im on this journey? That is a powerful question that hits me deep. When I was a kid, alot of bad shit happened to me. My saving grace came in the for of superheroes from comicbooks but mainly from Dragon Ball with son Goku. I wanted to be that guy so powerful and strong that protected everyone amd everything, never letting the bad things that happened to me happen to them. And at the same time I wanted to be just a calm and at peace. One with nature kind of thing. If this helps you give me a better answer.

Happy new year.

An observation that is easy to make: the two goals you mention are conflicting. The way of nature is to let bad things happen once in a while. Protecting people means that the self balancing of the Tao is prevented.

Also IMHO dragonball is the worst role model you can have in the energy arts.

As for proof. No you won't find any. At least not in the scientific mode of thought.

5 hours ago, maheosphet said:

I don't know if the point is to "achieve immortality" for all. Maybe for some, but they might be disappointed when they find out it is a spiritual immortality. Even more-so if they go down the wrong road and spend eternity suffering in bondage.

I think pretty much every religion dangles some sort of supernatural carrot to entice it's followers to partake in it. Looking past the gold laden promises and peering into the heart of the matter, one might come to perceive the glaring truth of actuality. (What we really are)

What is the glaring truth ?
And why would there be disappointment ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maheosphet said:

It is indeed true that "pretty much every religion dangles some sort of supernatural carrot to entice its followers to partake in it". Many religions also throw in the threat of hell and damnation to throw fear into the hearts of those who do not choose to partake in it. They foster greed (for a heavenly reward) and fear (of punishment). Those are not particularly good qualities to cultivate.

I agree with you that one should look past those hollow promises and "come to perceive the glaring truth of actuality (what we really are)".

I enjoyed reading your insightful post. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

What is the glaring truth ?
And why would there be disappointment ?

The glaring truth is a finger pointing a way to the moon.

Edited by maheosphet

On 12/30/2018 at 3:26 PM, CompleteReality said:

The point of Daoism and taoism is to achieve immortality correct?

One large impediment to "Immortality" is getting sick and dying.

Major causes of Death today, in order, are Abortion, Medical Drugs & Procedures, Heart Disease, and Cancer.

So first, you transcend these.

So going ahead from there, you never once "need" any Doctors.

And you can prevent and cure Heart Disease and Cancer.

This means you can continue study from there.

If you cannot do these things, then haven't even begun study of "Immortality" yet.

-VonKrankenhaus

Death is a disease caused by cell division/replication. Each time a cell divides, the telomeres get shorter. When they get too short, the cell can no longer divide; it becomes inactive or "senescent" or it dies. This shortening process is associated with aging, cancer, and ultimately death. Over 220 billion cells are produced every day by the average human body, When cells can no longer divide, death of the body is inevitable.

So perhaps one should consider looking beyond the body if they want to achieve immortality.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maheosphet said:

So perhaps one should consider looking beyond the body if they want to achieve immortality.

If there is nobody there with no body - then already not "mortal".

And we can theorize about what Death is, but this will be irrelevant if we have not first understood what Life is.

Human Aging like you describe, stops at around 115 yrs of age.

So however diminished and impaired you are at that time, that is all you are really dealing with.

So we study before that, how to avoid diminishment.

What you see and believe is not natural occurrence.

It is "manufactured".

-VonKrankenhaus

20 minutes ago, maheosphet said:

Death is a disease caused by cell division/replication. Each time a cell divides, the telomeres get shorter. When they get too short, the cell can no longer divide; it becomes inactive or "senescent" or it dies. This shortening process is associated with aging, cancer, and ultimately death.

Major causes of Death today, in order, are Abortion, Medical Drugs & Procedures, Heart Disease, and Cancer.

Abortion kills without shortening telomeres.

So do Medical Drugs and Medical procedures.

And Heart Disease and Cancer are not first caused by problems with telomeres. That is just a "symptom".

More than 90% of these today are caused by poor Diet and Life Conditions.

-VonKrankenhaus