Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

Is Science Actually Intuitive ?

I have a Mathematics degree and am an Engineer and studied all the sciences.   So what is it I am getting at ?

I get the distinct feeling that all scientific breakthroughs are done through intuition and that's really how intelligence works intuitively.   What the ordinary "science"-job people do is sort of push beans around after someone makes a breakthrough.   And that's actually a kind of slavery, and a misuse of the mind.   The mind should be intuitive, like a musician hearing the notes in the air and writing them down as music.

"Science" is a great story on TV these days, on the news and all that.   People make money from it.   It's like the next episode of Dallas or something, but it's just a deceit.

All true science worth the name is intuitive.   

The Science industry is a group of hanger-alongers who just want a steady job and the prestige of being associated with great intuitive geniuses who they have nothing whatsoever to do with.   They are more like accountants.

If we are to be scientific we should want to be intuitive, intuiting the truth of the world ourselves.    Not keeping up with the latest episode that the accounts-who-wish-to-be-associated-with-Einstein put out.

Is it possible to actually see out of your eyes when you have be so programmed and brainwashed to see atoms and molecules and godknowswhat.  It's hard to actually see straight with so many idiots falling over themselves to tell you what you are seeing (in order to cover up that they are just accountants).

You wanna know what I see out of my eyes ?

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 2

I'd agree that breakthroughs are largely intuitive, but after that you gotta backtrack and delve into the modeling and the math.  Set consecutive experiments to prove the thesis, then the march to get peer review and outside verification.  Then comes an even longer march to see if the discovery can lead to anything profitable, which can be additional years or decades.   

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dawei said:

I recall once reading that most science breakthroughs are due to serendipity :rolleyes:

Thing is, we probably walk past alot of serendipity without ever noticing. 

maybe its our intuition that slows us down and say Hey! Look at that. 

ie in a similar vein, the harder we work, the luckier we get.

not me personally, i'm opposed to hard work

i'm waiting for some serendipity dust to sprinkle down. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this