Sign in to follow this  
paragon

Greetings from Paragon

Hi all,

I just started getting interested in “new age” philosophy (or whatever you care to call it) this year, after spending 15 years as a Christian.  After having a few experiences with energy healers and realizing that we create our own reality, I amicably divorced myself from Christianity this year (unfortunately they got half my stuff though).  :lol:So the search for a new philosophy began, and Taoism seems to be the simplest and straightest road.

Unfortunately one of my greatest blessings is also one of my greatest curses: I have a hyperlogical brain that prefers to deal in tangible realities and practical steps, so naturally the Tao is not the easiest book in the world for me to grasp.  Hope I can learn some more about it here and maybe meet some likeminded people. 

Nice to meet you all!

:)

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

Hello, Paragon, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Paragon,

Wait till you find out Jesus was a Daoist!  :D  I'd love to hear your experience with the energy healer. Anyway, enjoy your time here! Sounds like you'll fit right in.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome!:)

I've actually had lots of amazing experiences with energy healers, particularly Reconnective Healing, the Body Code and the Yuen Method.  Lying on my bed while waves of powerful energy soared through my body from a Reconnective healer on the other side of the world was a pretty eye-opening experience.  Disposing of persistent bad emotions virtually instantly using the Body Code was another.

Perhaps the technique that really swung me round was the Yuen Method - it's amazing the way my practitioner can look at an issue in my life from the other side of the world and then usually with no prompting from me, can tell me exactly what it's about in a way that makes absolute sense.  She often grasps what it's about more clearly than I do, just from reading the energy. 

And yeah, I definitely see a different, more palatable reading of Christ now that I've become aware of these things.  But there's a little too much guilt and shame in those texts for me right now.  Sometimes I wonder how faithful they are to his original teachings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paragon said:

How do I join the slack chat? When I try to invite myself it says it doesn't have my email address.

I sent you an invite. 

Welcome to the bums :)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this