CompleteReality

Interested in the abilites developed by certain Lineages

Ive been doing lots of research, trying to gather as much information on such things as the abilities developed in certian lineages discussed in this forum, before I begin my own journey diving into the universe.

• Like 3

Hello, CompleteReality, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome CompleteReality,

Now you have all of our attention! Haha. 😊 Just remember abilities are a by-product of the journey and not the destination. Enjoy !

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Thanks 1

I'm sure I will, and thank you for the welcoming. I recently heard a 2 part interview with a man who had studied Mo Pai with John Chang, his name being Jim McMillan. In one of the interviews he speaks of his training how the first three levels are building the foundation by fillimg the dantien with Qi and then compacting it. Stretching the dantien out, and then combining the yin and yang energies. He said that this was the foundation for developing the abilities. The way he spoke on the subject sounded like subsequent levels after were training to achieve new abilities. Which obviously conflicts woth youre saying, and no Ive not taken any of what I have read or seen to heart. Im not saying anyone is wrong or right, but rather looking for and explanation from different schools of thought so I can make a well informed decision on my next move.

thank you :)

subnote: I did see on one of the topics a recommendation for a book on the original methods of Longmen pai. Does anyone know the name of this book? if not, i'll just comb through that topic.

Edited by CompleteReality

1 hour ago, King Jade said:

I heard the mo pai discussions are entertaining, lol

go to your Google/Binger/Yahoozer

type "mo pai site:thedaobums.com"

Mo pai =\= Longmen pai BTW. Maybe this is what you were looking for https://www.amazon.com/Ling-Bao-Tong-Neng-Gong/dp/1470174545

That book is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. and I agree about entertaining discussion of Mo Pai as Ive read recently one with Ilovecoffee dicussing it. I kinda hope he see's this one and can maybe inform me better as well. Also, are you saying Mo pai and Longmen pai are not the same? can you tell me the difference please? if it isn't too much to ask.

17 minutes ago, CompleteReality said:

Also, are you saying Mo pai and Longmen pai are not the same? can you tell me the difference please? if it isn't too much to ask.

I don't know, I do know they have different names and one is indonesian and the other is chinese and has badass dragons and gates in the name and I didn't see them discussed at the same time  :ph34r:

Edited by King Jade

2 minutes ago, King Jade said:

I don't know, I do know they have different names and one is indonesian and the other is chinese and has badass dragons and gates in the name  

Dragons and Gates, the badassness is real. haha

On 12/26/2018 at 11:44 PM, CompleteReality said:

That book is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. and I agree about entertaining discussion of Mo Pai as Ive read recently one with Ilovecoffee dicussing it. I kinda hope he see's this one and can maybe inform me better as well. Also, are you saying Mo pai and Longmen pai are not the same? can you tell me the difference please? if it isn't too much to ask.

ilovecoffee is taking a forced hiatus from the forum. 

On 12/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, CompleteReality said:

Ive been doing lots of research, trying to gather as much information on such things as the abilities developed in certian lineages discussed in this forum, before I begin my own journey diving into the universe.

Welcome, Many, many years ago I wondered about this as well. In the end I do not think it matters what you chooses as it all leads to the same destination. Many streams one ocean.

There are levels and then there are levels. Some people learn to tap into energy for enhanced performance in athletics, Martial Arts etc... This is a reasonable thing and use eventually if taken far enough I imagine one becomes a Zen type person on their way to more and this is pretty good.

Take well documented beings like Trailanga Swami for example. He could manifest in reality whatever he chose in real time, but according to him he was a channel for the divine and the will of the divine was his will as well no longer separable.

So in my limited experience and observation it all leads to the same place.

On the lower levels you have your own will and that will take you so far.

Later you learn to get out of your own way and listen and become stillness and this is the beginning of flowing with the will of the divine or the big motion if you prefer. Here more things become possible yet still human will is present. 

Later one learns to listen and feel and accept and flow and go where pulled to recognize the stream the eddis and the current and to make effort when prompted and do it in such and thus a way and then later one comprehends why ti was just like that and often it is for the greater harmony of all involved within a given set of drama enacted out.

Later much later I imagine one becomes like Trailanga. In his case he was okay either way alive and functioning with the people of those times or not it made little difference and the big motion of it all kept him in play for around 300 years incarnate that has been recorded. Even to this day his example is being presented.

So take your pick whatever speaks to your spirit,  your heart, whatever personally fulfills you follow that, do that but do not close yourself off to other possibilities with an attitude of I have found this, this is it!!!  

Good wishes with you journey.

http://www.varanasi.org.in/tailang-swami

https://www.ramdass.org/sri-trailanga-swami-the-walking-lord-shiva-of-varanasi/

https://www.deeptrancenow.com/exc_trailanga.htm

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Welcome, Many, many years ago I wondered about this as well. In the end I do not think it matters what you chooses as it all leads to the same destination. Many streams one ocean.

There are levels and then there are levels. Some people learn to tap into energy for enhanced performance in athletics, Martial Arts etc... This is a reasonable thing and use eventually if taken far enough I imagine one becomes a Zen type person on their way to more and this is pretty good.

Take well documented beings like Trailanga Swami for example. He could manifest in reality whatever he chose in real time, but according to him he was a channel for the divine and the will of the divine was his will as well no longer separable.

So in my limited experience and observation it all leads to the same place.

On the lower levels you have your own will and that will take you so far.

Later you learn to get out of your own way and listen and become stillness and this is the beginning of flowing with the will of the divine or the big motion if you prefer. Here more things become possible yet still human will is present. 

Later one learns to listen and feel and accept and flow and go where pulled to recognize the stream the eddis and the current and to make effort when prompted and do it in such and thus a way and then later one comprehends why ti was just like that and often it is for the greater harmony of all involved within a given set of drama enacted out.

Later much later I imagine one becomes like Trailanga. In his case he was okay either way alive and functioning with the people of those times or not it made little difference and the big motion of it all kept him in play for around 300 years incarnate that has been recorded. Even to this day his example is being presented.

So take your pick whatever speaks to your spirit,  your heart, whatever personally fulfills you follow that, do that but do not close yourself off to other possibilities with an attitude of I have found this, this is it!!!  

Good wishes with you journey.

http://www.varanasi.org.in/tailang-swami

https://www.ramdass.org/sri-trailanga-swami-the-walking-lord-shiva-of-varanasi/

https://www.deeptrancenow.com/exc_trailanga.htm

@Pilgrim , thank you, for this wonderful explanation :).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, CompleteReality said:

trying to gather as much information on such things as the abilities developed in certian lineages discussed in this forum, before I begin my own journey diving into the universe.

Sounds like a good hobby, but if you really want abilities, in a relative short time.  take some good martial arts. work out. go for runs. swim, take some yoga.  Eat real food, cooked at home, not the crap folks buy in fast food marts. After about 6 months to a  year, depending on your age, you will feel like superman.  

At the same time, you can also start to do some sitting meditation, at first 10-20 mins a day, work at this too, every day,  until you are sitting for a few hours a day, and then in maybe 10, 20 years, you might get some abilities, but by then, they might not be as important. good luck

• Like 2