woogyboogy

Looking for Acupuncture/TCM course

Hello dear fellow Bums,

I am coming with the hope of someone being able to recommend me a Acupuncture/TCM Course that has the following specifif properties:

-  it should give me a good base to start working on my own with acupuncture.  It will obviously be at the same time a course in the general basics of TCM, but my main interest of the chosen application method for me is Acupuncture and Tui Na for the moment.

The main requirements:

- As im atm living a nomadic lifestyle around the paradisical places of this world Id be great if its a module based course that can either be done in a month or two straight, or through several short intervals spread out through a year.

- its a plus if the course is based in a country that is tropical and cheap(Thailand, and similar,...) but it can also be anywhere else in the world as long as the timeplan is right. For example Im considering Damo Mitchell Xin Tang school in the Uk, which is module based but still a bit to far from the tropics to fly there for each of the 5 weekend moduls every year...

-the nature of the acquired title isnt of such big importance to my situation, but I put a lot of weight on the quality of teachings and teacher. 

Kudos and thanks a lot for everybody putting time for helping me with my question.

woogy

Edited by woogyboogy

Thanks Kar3n for the link.

How ever that thread doesnt answer a single one of my questions. As I mentioned the nature of the degree is not important to me atm, Im not looking for advice on wether its a wise thing to study, and that thread focuses solely on the United states which is a country im not associated with in any way.

Im just looking for a recommendation for a school or teacher that is accesible for my situation, and informative on a practical level. :)

Edited by woogyboogy

44 minutes ago, woogyboogy said:

Thanks Kar3n for the link.

How ever that thread doesnt answer a single one of my questions. As I mentioned the nature of the degree is not important to me atm, Im not looking for advice on wether its a wise thing to study, and that thread focuses solely on the United states which is a country im not associated with in any way.

Im just looking for a recommendation for a school or teacher that is accesible for my situation, and informative on a practical level. :)

You're welcome. I thought it might give you some idea about what is involved in becoming what you aspire.

Well, here is a school in Thailand...

https://chiangmaiacupuncture.com/index.html

Please refer to this wiki which should broadly answer your question:

https://m.wikihow.com/Become-an-Acupuncturist

Two weeks, ten days courses are nonsense. No one can possibly learn a highly complex skill like needle work. Even fully qualified and experienced practitioners aren't good acupuncturists after a full 4 year course, what would you expect from someone do with only 2 weeks of learning?

It is an art that to the deep level requires being also a spiritual practitioner not simply a TCM medical professional. There is a lot more to that than simply study and official qualifications.

Btw, stay away from that Thai "money loving" scheme.

Good luck :)

• Like 1