Lersi

(Introduction) English Buddhist Looking To Expand

Hello everyone thank you for having me, you can call me by my username or my buddhist name Siththa.

Im a 20 year old guy from England who studies under two Thai Buddhist teachers, Im looking to expand my views on asian philosophy and spirituality especially cultivation.

please feel free to message me or talk to me, I have an open mind ready to fill with knowledge!

• Like 3

Hello, Lersi, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Siththa,

Welcome. Buddhism was a big influence on me growing up. I hope what you find here can add to your existing Buddhist experience and knowledge. Enjoy ! 😊

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

8 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Hello, Lersi, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Siththa,

Welcome. Buddhism was a big influence on me growing up. I hope what you find here can add to your existing Buddhist experience and knowledge. Enjoy ! 😊

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thank you Fa Xin! As someone is new to all this where/what do you reccomend I read first here? Any suggestions are welcome!

6 minutes ago, Lersi said:

Thank you Fa Xin! As someone is new to all this where/what do you reccomend I read first here? Any suggestions are welcome!

Good question! Are you looking to dive into Daoist teachings, or more Buddhism? Or open to anything?

1 minute ago, Fa Xin said:

Good question! Are you looking to dive into Daoist teachings, or more Buddhism? Or open to anything?

Id love to learn more about Daoism, especially meditation techniques and basic understandings and philosophys 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lersi said:

Id love to learn more about Daoism, especially meditation techniques and basic understandings and philosophys 

Awesome! For the understandings and philisophies, I would start at the Dao de Jing section. The DDJ is one of the central texts, and is extremely deep yet simple. We have a whole section dedicated to exploring the verses here. 

https://www.thedaobums.com/forum/254-daodejing/

As far as meditation techniques go, there’s many and varied. People have different ideas about how and what is to be done. Some practice Tai Chi or Qigong, others do neidan (inner alchemy). My personal technique is just to reside/be.

i would say look over the Dao de Jing first, and see if you start to get a feel for it. Then go from there. 

Happy reading. Looking forward to seeing you around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upon browsing a little more, found this thread interesting. 

maybe others can add some of their favorite threads too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1