Maddie

Animal sacrific and other rituals of antiquity

One thing I think I have come to notice as I continue to practice and experiment is that a lot of ritual practices of religion and the ancient world in particular that I had once shrugged off as the superstitions of a simpler time seem to have more to them than I once realized.

One of these is the practice of animal sacrifice, which while still practiced these days, seemed to be a much more wide spread ritual in the ancient world that spanned most cultures universally. I'd never really understood the reasoning behind it, and I'm sure the reasons varied from culture to culture, but it seems that the sages and priests of old often had a deeper spiritual awareness than mere superstition. What I am wondering though is what is the benefit of doing so? What is the mechanism? Does the deity being sacrificed an animal (or sometimes human) to benefit from it?

That being said it makes me wonder about other old practices such as baptism, circumcision, communion, pilgrimage, relics, and so on and so forth. I was just curious if anyone had any knowledge, thoughts, or insights into this topic.

• Like 1

The show of sacrificing something precious showed devotion. In general people lived much more closely with the live stock and felt the loss more keenly.  In Judaism there was a confessional aspect to 'sin' sacrifices.  In many cases the sacrificed animal would end up being eaten by the people or at least the wide spread version of the clergy.  Which gave them reasons to continue it.  I suspect the  sophisticated knew God doesn't benefit from sacrifices, its the people who do, ie by using it to acknowledge God as judge/ruler. 

By the first century, with the destruction of the second temple it was decided that God preferred prayers, morality, charity and repentance over animal sacrifices.  Lesser sacrifices continued on the fringe, though. 

Not only animal sacrifices, but there were also human sacrifices in the ancient world.

Apparently a spirit would be happy with the sacrificed life, whatever it was, or the odor of it, and would bring benefit to the group of people as a result. At least this seems to be the belief of what it was about, looking back.

Aside from this possibly false notion, I really have no idea why they'd do it, or why it was basically a global phenomenon. It seems clear that the world hasn't ended after we've stopped sacrificing the virgins, so it seems to me like we've evolved away from a destructive and useless primitive phenomena.

I don't want to publicly give out information which would offer a hand to those seeking to do harm.  But if you are really curious you might look into the reasons fresh flowers, and flames are kept on alters. 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2018 at 9:34 AM, dmattwads said:

One thing I think I have come to notice as I continue to practice and experiment is that a lot of ritual practices of religion and the ancient world in particular that I had once shrugged off as the superstitions of a simpler time seem to have more to them than I once realized.

One of these is the practice of animal sacrifice, which while still practiced these days, seemed to be a much more wide spread ritual in the ancient world that spanned most cultures universally. I'd never really understood the reasoning behind it, and I'm sure the reasons varied from culture to culture, but it seems that the sages and priests of old often had a deeper spiritual awareness than mere superstition. What I am wondering though is what is the benefit of doing so? What is the mechanism? Does the deity being sacrificed an animal (or sometimes human) to benefit from it?

Nope !  The species might though. Basically, if you going to kill to eat , may as well 'sacrifice it'  (try to instil some reason , dignity,  moderation, consideration, so-operation, ' preservation ( 'ecology' )

here is an early starter perspective

For latter developments (for the 'Indo-European' )  I would suggest a look into very early 'Indo - Iranic Aryan Religions' and their later split into  Zoroastrian religion (which banned the old animal sacrifices )  and 'Vedanta' .

That being said it makes me wonder about other old practices such as baptism, circumcision, communion, pilgrimage, relics, and so on and so forth. I was just curious if anyone had any knowledge, thoughts, or insights into this topic.

Thats a mixed bag !   Baptism, communion, confirmation, marriage, last rights, etc are 'sacraments'  and have equivalency in stages of initiation ; birth, life, death, etc.  Circumcision is an adjunct.

Pilgrimage is interesting , what I find even more interesting ( considering 'old practices'  is the process of 'Walkabout '

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkabout

Edited by Nungali

Here is an old Aryan example

http://www.mahavidya.ca/2010/06/08/the-asvamedha-ritual/

With the Zoroastrian banning of such sacrifices, they implemented other laws - to show their appreciation, gratitude  ( dignity,  moderation, consideration, so-operation, ' preservation ( 'ecology' ) , etc.The main animals which helped th ir society where cattle ( meat, milk, hide, other 'products', and their 'pulling ability' ), horse (transport and cartage),  dog (friend and companion -including assistance in  hunting ) had legislation in place to protect them . A working animal, in old age must be retired in a good place until a natural death, any animal that gives a product only gives that one product (dont eat a sheep you have harvested the wool from , or  chickens  whose eggs you eat, etc ), never eat a pet, or treat an animal you intend to eat as a pet, penalties for dog cruelty, you where even required to look after strays, and if a pregnant bitch, to raise its puppies ... and so on .

It says a vast amount, on analysis, of the different mind sets involve here.  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

There is no such thing as animal sacrifice.  Animals are and will forever be free. They are here to forever remind us of our own freedom aswell. We decided on that before we came here into this physical life. That is why you see all those americans constantly praising the goat or bull horns. They are freedom lovers. That's all that that is. The freedom from bondage. Which is a huge topic in humanity at this point in time. Especially as technology is rising so heavily and quickly. And the animal seems to be sacrificed more and more. But that is not actually what is happening. You cannot ever push anything away in this universe. The laws of the universe does not allow that. So as people think they are pushing away, they are only doing so for themselves, so that they may finally learn to allow that which they have been pushing away and against their whole life, because they are only pushing away that which is who it is they actually truely already are. It's very simple. You don't need to kill an animal in order to understand the value of an animal. Because when you learn that the animal has no resistance towards death, as they die all of the time, and it's normal to them, then why would we, supposedly greater beings, need to fear our own death so much? And so why would we then ever need to make war? For what? To protect ourselves from a death that is gonna happen anyway? Who gives a sht about death. To finally care about how you feel, and your freedom to live your life the way you want to, unconditionally, is the greatest freedom one can achieve, that is ALWAYS ALREADY THERE for you, unconditionally. You don't need to die before you allow yourself to finally live! So you can set yourself free, and thereby set the animals of this world free aswell. This creation of freedom does not happen without you. It happens through you. Because it has already been created. The only missing link here, is our allowing of the freedom we have already created for ourselves, that is the ever expanding, ever greater becoming that is the being of all freedom that is who it is we truely already are as the true being who is who it is that is what it is who and what we truely already are, always have been, and always will be forever more. You cannot stop that stream and momentum of HUGE TREMENDOUS well-being from forever flowing. You can resist it and only create a temporarily and very momentarily moment of discomfort for yourself. And that's it, the end. And the beginning of the ever new, of ever now and always here. So the freedom of animals can only appear to be less for you as you bind yourself in chain, untill you set yourself free, and see that everyone already always has been free and will forever be free.

Edited by Everything
  • Confused 2

Its interesting that many people

believe spiritual practices are incapable of evolving or changing over time... that the older, the better. Everything else changes - but not spirit? Hmm?

It is my view that we live in a different time, with different energetic technologies. The spirit world is much closer now than it used to be. Old world practices are no longer necessary in my view. 

2 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Its interesting that many people

believe spiritual practices are incapable of evolving or changing over time... that the older, the better. Everything else changes - but not spirit? Hmm?

It is my view that we live in a different time, with different energetic technologies. The spirit world is much closer now than it used to be. Old world practices are no longer necessary in my view. 

Good, VERY GOOD! And now that you no longer NEEEEEEEEEED it... Now you are finally free to relate to the past in way that truely works for you! That is truely aligned with your greater knowing and spirit and soul and god and all that is. Now you can truely finally ALLOW your TRUEST and HIGHEST relationship with your past and uncover the ENDLESS stream of truth that will then forever be yours in your ongoing, eternal, and ever relating to the past, from your greatest point of power in all of creation, always in your here and now. And in so doing, you never find any blame, in any one being in all of creation, ever. And thus, there is nothing but endless streams of joyous experiences to be had for you in your relating to all that you may consider past, present or future, that always, ALWAYS exists here and now. As the all is here, and now is forever.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Everything said:

There is no such thing as animal sacrifice.

image.png.fc37c1c3305bdb401eeb8a616cc3445e.png

A car drives past a road turned red after blood from sacrificial animals on Eid al-Adha mixed with water from heavy rainfall in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/nov/24/hindu-sacrifice-gadhimai-festival-nepal

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/28/mass-animal-sacrifice-nepal-festival-protests-gadhimai-hindu

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/asia/bangladesh-blood-rivers/index.html

Animals are and will forever be free.

image.png.3e19fa0fd7aea917e19e57460068489d.png

image.png.5b8e1d5ea3fabe61c97a8503336c6714.png

They are here to forever remind us of our own freedom aswell. We decided on that before we came here into this physical life. That is why you see all those americans constantly praising the goat or bull horns. They are freedom lovers.

No, its because they love 'bull'   like you seem to do  !

That's all that that is. The freedom from bondage. Which is a huge topic in humanity at this point in time. Especially as technology is rising so heavily and quickly. And the animal seems to be sacrificed more and more.

But that is not actually what is happening. .......

<singing >   first there is no animal sacrifice, then there is animal sacrifice and  then there isnt  ....

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Nungali said:

A car drives past a road turned red after blood from sacrificial animals on Eid al-Adha mixed with water from heavy rainfall in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

No, its because they love 'bull'   like you seem to do  !

<singing >   first there is no animal sacrifice, then there is animal sacrifice and  then there isnt  ....

Yeah, but the animals still exist, it is simply life. which is all that there is. And always will be, forever more. And yeah I do love animals. I love all beings in all of creation unconditionally. I even love the conscious essence that is of water, and of metallic nature, and of wood and  crystal, and fire and and wind, and ALL that exists as who it is which is what it is that is who it is and what it is that you truely always already are and always have been.

Can you then understand why someone like me would choose to allow another to kill them and eat them? What does it matter, if you are an eternally worthy being. Why would you have resistance towards you own death? And exactly, because now you understand, that it is no big deal, you are free to choose something else, like life. Because you're not ever gonna become less life. You're only ever gonna become more life. And that is exactly what that death experience is. The becoming of more life. Simple right? Easy. There's really nothing serious going on. At all, ever! You really think the animals are out there conspiring a way to take revenge on us petty humans? >:D lmao Dude, you do realise that the muffins you eat are consciousness too right? Plants have already scientifically proven to be capable of feeling pain/pleasure. Everything in existance is energy-motional. E-motional. Beings of consciousness. Conscious deliberate co-creates, that is who it is and what it is we all truely already are. And there is no need to ever be anything else, because we can never be. And thus we never need to be anything other than who we truely already are as eternally worthy conscious deliberate co-creators of our own life experiences. But for you to finally realise that and allow it to already be as it is, that is your reason for being here!

The death is wonderful, and as I said, you don't need to die in order to finally allow yourself to live and be who it is your truely really already are and always have been and always will be. You can eat food from a state of appreciating the food you are eating, or you can eat your food from a state of disgust, that has nothing to do with the food itself but more about your own degree of allowing yourself to be who it is you truely really already are, or not.

I got youuuuu!...  B) Under my skin ;)

And you deserve to be free, forevermore. Why? Because you can never ever become anything less than that. Only ever more in your ever state of being that is your ever state of becoming the more that is your ever destiny, purpose and reason for being, evermore.

Edited by Everything

I see  ... and when did you begin to think  that muffins are consciousness  ?

image.png.9441a0545dbb628facebbecee9721f9c.png

14 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I see  ... and when did you begin to think  that muffins are consciousness  ?

image.png.9441a0545dbb628facebbecee9721f9c.png

The consciousness of an elemental form, may not ever express their consciousness in the same way that you do. But that does not mean that that consciousness is not capable of knowing THYSELF. But it may do so through a consciousness such as you! Who may then say, well, I am not this stone, but I am that stone. As it knows itself and thus then through your awareness of it, as it is aware at the very least that it is its own stone! It's own being. It's own unique individual thing. And the only way you and that stone can EVER know thyself, is by knowing that which they are not! For how can you know who you are, unless you have a reflection of who you are not! How can you know thyself without knowing the other? Thus existance, has its way of reflecting to itself, in a way that it can begin to know itself, as consciousness as the ever becoming. And yes, there is still the aspect of the existance that is ALL THAT IS, that has no consciousness whatsoever, as it has no reflection outside of itself, to even have an awareness of itself! But this same unconsciousness is the same consciousness that is the ever becoming of the more of all the different ways that existance has of experiencing itself.

Mister wise and knowledgable manly man :lol:

Ah I miss the good old days of the sixties and seventees. 

Maybe this will help you understand the idea of freedom from a point of view that is more in tune and harmony with your unique and individual knowing, that is of very powerful nature, of freedom and capability. Wether you walk your feet, drive a donkey, ride a horse or drive a ferrari, you are always and will forever be free.

Everything is energy and everything has momentum. You choose which energy you want to co-create with and harmonize with and align with. And  there is never ever any greater energy than the energy that creates worlds that is the energy of who it is and what it is that is who it is and what it is that you truely already are, always have been and always will be.

Edited by Everything

We all have the freedom to live our life however we choose, without needing the people around us to change, before we allow ourselves to be who it is we truely are and the fulfill our reason for being here in our ever greater knowing of who it is we are, in our ever greater becoming of who it is we are always ment to become.

13 minutes ago, King Jade said:

Do you think oranges believe in pretty words after they've been taken? It's very funny to abduct them from their mothers, peel them slowly and suck there juices, very refreshing!  

darkshadows11.jpg

Exactly, and that is why vampires no longer eat, and live off of the infinite love that they have and desire to find a way of expressing it through those who are thus then the most fully CAPABLE of flowing their love through them without any hindrance. And the vanishing of the vampire, is thus then, always the death of the loved one. For once you get a taste of that unconditional love, that is the power of the energy that creates worlds, there is no turning back from that. And thus then, you will, forever and ever want to die, evermore, in your ever state of ever becoming the more of all that is who it is and what it is that is who it is and what it is that is who it is and what it is, who it is and what it is that you truely already are, always have been and always will be, forevermore in an everstate of ever becoming the more of all that you truely already are. And to finally realise, that you don't need to die in order to finally ALLOW yourself to become that which is who it is and what it is that you truely already always have been and always will be and thus then always are in your ever state of becoming the more of it? Infinite freedom, and joy, and empowerment, and alignment, and capability and succes and worthiness and deservingness. Unconditional love is the key through the door you have locked, and you always hold the key in your own heart. And yes, ofcourse then you will want the same for everyone else around you aswell. You will always then want them to let go and let god aswell. In whatever way you can possibly imagine the doing so of it, is thus then the way for you, on your own unique path along the ever lasting journey that is always and alhere, and all now, always the path of least resistance for you. Unconditionally.

Edited by Everything

I wanna further expand upon vampires and cats and the hunter spirit of this planet. As all people who hunt aswell.

The freedom they seek is the unconditional love for themselves, through which they then no longer need to have that outer reflection that is outside of them, to remind themselves of who it is that they already are deep from within and have the capability of fully becoming more aware of, UNCONDITIONALLY, meaning no longer needing the outside conditions and reflections to remind them of who they already always have been and always will be! and thus then they can learn to allow themselves to be loved, and finally allow themselves TO LOVE THEMSELVES unconditionally and thus then becoming who it is they truely are, and are ment to be, naturally, and effortlessly, and freely, to see the love that has always and will forever be given unto them, by taking the f irst step of first loving themselves unconditionally and then seeing it reflected back to them in the truest most infinity of ways that can possibly be witnessed by them! And when they finally relax into that love they deserve evermore. Then they no longer feel the need to have it flowed in any particular way. But to just allow it as it comes and always will, forevermore. In the way that they then can finally allow themselves to see how it is truely always has always been coming to them in all the infinite ways that it can. Wether a cat brings you a meal and starts eating right next to you, leading by example of its own being, the excersize of allowing yourself to be nourished by creation, instead of depriving yourself of all that you deserve, for the purpose of demanding your own worthiness as if it is being challenged by the very notion of never having had any love in your life. For it never is, and you always have that love, within yourself, as yourself and for yourself. And this unconditional love, will set them free, to allowing themselves to be more fully who it is what it is that they truely already are in and as life. In a way that works for them, that is more of nature. And more free and more unwavering and undoubting and more knowledgable. There's really nothing that you don't deserve. It's only a matter of time before you allow yourself to realise that. And once you do, and then, live it, in the way that I know it, then you will know it in the way that I know it. And I promise you this, nothing is more worthwhile your effort, then loving yourself so much, that you care about how you feel, so much, that you finally let go of the pain, that you yourself have been holding on to your whole life, for the reason of claiming your worthiness! But you need not! For you are, and always have been, and always will be worthy! And thus then there exists no other purpose then for you but to just be and enjoy the everlasting ride that is of creation. And sure you may from time to time, play, in a way, that is less harmful. But you never need that in order to fulfill yourself with who it is you truely already are. and thus then, you are, and forever will be, set free from the bondage of your own resistance towards the allowing of yourself to be who it is and what it is that is who it is and what it is that is who it is and what it is that you truely already are, always have been and always will be. As the all is here, and now is forever.

Edited by Everything

5 hours ago, Everything said:

The consciousness of an elemental form, may not ever express their consciousness in the same way that you do.

No one expresses their consciousness like I do .   So  this is no big revelation to me .

But that does not mean that that consciousness is not capable of knowing THYSELF.

Ahhh ... a biblical holy type of formal English self , is it ?

But it may do so through a consciousness such as you! Who may then say, well, I am not this stone, but I am that stone.

I am happy just to be stoned .

As it knows itself and thus then through your awareness of it, as it is aware at the very least that it is its own stone! It's own being. It's own unique individual thing. And the only way you and that stone can EVER know thyself, is by knowing that which they are not! For how can you know who you are, unless you have a reflection of who you are not! How can you know thyself without knowing the other? Thus existance, has its way of reflecting to itself, in a way that it can begin to know itself, as consciousness as the ever becoming. And yes, there is still the aspect of the existance that is ALL THAT IS, that has no consciousness whatsoever, as it has no reflection outside of itself, to even have an awareness of itself! But this same unconsciousness is the same consciousness that is the ever becoming of the more of all the different ways that existance has of experiencing itself.

Mister wise and knowledgable manly man :lol:

Wise enough to know I dont need an internet guru .

Ah I miss the good old days of the sixties and seventees. 

Maybe this will help you understand the idea of freedom from a point of view that is more in tune and harmony with your unique and individual knowing, that is of very powerful nature, of freedom and capability. Wether you walk your feet, drive a donkey, ride a horse or drive a ferrari, you are always and will forever be free.

Everything is energy and everything has momentum. You choose which energy you want to co-create with and harmonize with and align with. And  there is never ever any greater energy than the energy that creates worlds that is the energy of who it is and what it is that is who it is and what it is that you truely already are, always have been and always will be.

Yeah .

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

No one expresses their consciousness like I do .   So  this is no big revelation to me .

Ahhh ... a biblical holy type of formal English self , is it ?

I am happy just to be stoned .

Wise enough to know I dont need an internet guru .

Yeah .

Humans express consciousness like you do.

And you are, I mean, obviously... not a stone.

So what is it that you in all of your wisdom have come to know you truely want in life? 

Edited by Everything

Ohhhh , you know, the usual  'wants'   .....     a nice place to live that suits my temperaments ;  clean pristine environment,  rivers waterfalls, near the beach, on the edge of the rainforest, access to  wilderness and light civilisation ; plenty of land around to grow food, or places to buy it cheap,  I like a mix of both.  Some nice people about, not too many.  Plenty of lovely women. Some kids to   play with and watch them enjoy this place to , growing up healthy and in wonder  discovering nature and life in a good wholesome place.  I got all that. Actually a  stunningly nice young lady turned up the other day with two small boys  .  They are camped down the front paddock under some river oaks , all of a sudden, according to her,  I am an Uncle ! ... as  she told her little boy .....   'Uncle Nungali.' .  I want more kids to  come here and grow up, like the others did , its a great place for them.

I  recently got a few new toys that I needed; a ride on mower, 2 cars, a couple of work trailors, a bunch of tools .  I'm building a shed out the back and putting in some rainwater tanks..  I am redecorating the cabin with old school post 'mid century' / Australian colonial  furniture and fittings while hiding the  mod cons and wiring so they cant be seen.  I got most of that ... still working on a bit more , installing a new wood burning heater this week. Enough money to be comfortable and not worry about where it goes or who I chose to give it to . I got all that too .

I want to eat a variety of nice exotic food and meet people from 'nice exotic' cultures.   I  want to not  put on more  festivals, I done about a dozen  in my time, had enough fun doing that.    I want to NOT do administration or get involved with bureaucracy and commerce. So I dont .

I want to fulfil my True Will, the reason I incarnated in this life  - done that, and found more, and did that too.  I wanted to learn develop and grow in the Western mystery tradition, did that and  started a regional body and eventually learnt and was approved by  IHQ of that body to be an initiator and help other people along that path  ...  ... 31 people all up, if my memory serves me .  So I did that.

I wanted to meet, live with, come to an understanding of and learn from  Australia indigenous people . I did and still do that. I have shamanic teacher in that tradition.  I am older now so I want to also  quieten down, relax and retire - doing that .  I always wanted to study and learn about  'us'   so I went to Sydney Uni (oh yeah, I always wanted to go to University , did that, when it was all supplied for free  here ) and study Anthropology, particularly cultural anthropology .... and have continued ever since.

Mostly, I wanted to live free and hassled and just do what I want to do, find a real inner contentment and satisfaction in life , done that. Actually,  I very satisfied with it all , happy fulfilled, and have thanks and gratitude. I am happy and pleased with my lot, if I am going to die today , that is ok as I have had a wonderful life , even though I am not sure about an afterlife , if I pass 'into 'oblivion' that's okay too .

Oh yeah,  as a youth I always wanted to practice magick, so I worked at becoming a practising ritual magician,  did that too ( thats how all the above stuff came  to me )

So, that is some , but not all, I in my wisdom, have come to know that I want in life and that is what, I in all my wisdom. got .

It was a well timed question as it is now early Christmas day morning, and I have not got one present ... but I have got all I want anyway. Soon I will go and visit my neighbours and watch  others ( their little girl and our new guests 2 boys ) get things they want and play with them. Later I  want to  take delightful new lady and the boys for a drive up the valley to a special 'secret'  very special and beautiful swimming hole in the river.  I haven't done that yet  ..... but I will .

• Like 3

Oh yeah, and I got ALLLLL that - and more .

Without any  animal sacrifice whatsoever   :) 

I guess also it is my 'religion'  ... its very wholesome and positive  - no angry suppressive Gods, guilt required or ancient defunct laws and sacrifices to uphold

" The unveiling of the company of heaven.

Come forth, o children, under the stars, & take your fill of love!

I am above you and in you. My ecstasy is in yours. My joy is to see your joy.

This shall regenerate the world

I give unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy; nor do I demand aught in sacrifice "

Edited by Nungali

Some ideas :

Often a human being seeks to understand himself and life will do so by controlling something else.   This is very primitive and is similar to when a 2 year old child throws his food on the floor because it is the only way he can exert power.   Killing other people, or shaving your own head, bombing people, and so on is in this category and most killing is done for these reasons, as a way for an immature person to exert some kind of power.   The people who commit such acts are quite unconscious and so can easily drift into a fully unconscious unravelling where anything can happen.

Often what is sacrificed is you yourself, and most humans are doing it. 

But our bodies are learning tools, and they keep us alive even as we do quite stupid things.

Circumcision : possibly was to prevent masturbation (loss of primary sexual energy) or clenliness, degenerated into shame ritual or hazzing, today is a form of paedophilia as the rabbis have to suck the penis to "make the blood flow".  No, it's not a joke, there is currently a big issue in NY about it, with rabbis being taken to court, and then the Jewish community quietly hushing it up.  Still ongoing.

Baptism is good I would say, washing plus contact with Holy Water, pretty straightforward a 2nd birth.   Yes the water may actually be sacred.

I have seen the persistence hunters of the massi mara, they bless the antelope before killing it.   They comprehend that they are destroying something of value, are grateful for it, and attempt to be worthy of it.   Which is the correct attitude.   If you kill a man, you must attempt to live for two men, to replace the contribution of the one you have taken.   This is the natural and true way.

Fruit is given, and if that is all you eat then you need not do anything.   This is the original design as both the tree and the human get benefits, in a mutual reciprochal maintenance.

Communion (Eucharist) ... was a blood-brothers type ceremony that Jesus of Nazareth performed with his close students.   Knowing that he was going to die he wanted to maintain contact with his students after his death so that he could keep teaching them.   He dripped some blood into a cup, and I believe chipped off part of a bone (shoulder blade perhaps) and this was ground up, and the students consumed this and were then taught for several years after he died.   

I suppose humans might make a big story about their rituals, but it's almost always to cover up indulging in their low ness.

The animals on this planet are very vulnerable, you can walk up to a cow and cut its head off.   It will barely know what is happening, as we have domesticated them to be stupid.

It's quite disgusting, and represents the terrifyingly low nature of human "consciousness".   

Humans approach animals, other people, and themselves in the same way.

Ehm 

I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in weird post lane. 

How do I get back on track? 

• Like 2

cut off a rooster's head

fling it about by the feet

go in the direction that most of the blood is splattered.