manitou

Can any numerologists explain this?

Hi everyone - I got this forwarded from a friend today.  Can anybody explain why this is?? :blink:

We are all 2018 today.
Today the whole world is the same age.
Today is a very special day.
It happens only once every 1,000 years
Your age + your year of birth = 2018.
This is true for everyone. It is strange and inexplicable.
Try it and see.
It will not happen again for another 1,000 years.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think you are pulling our legs. .  of course your age plus the year you were born would be this year.  Lets say that you are 100 years old,  then you would have been born in 1918.  of course 1918 Plus 100 would equal this year.  funny to say that this will not happen for another 1000 years!  good joke

• Confused 1

I don't believe it, seems like new age thinking to me, it says right there that we are all 2018 today and if we sum that and the year we are born it's WAY more than 2018. The math doesn't check. 

You'll notice the second message too,  we are 2018 and the sum should be 2018, that means we are born at the year 0, I have my reservations about this, were our memories erased? Is that what you're saying manitou?

• Like 1

Okay :lol:

I got had badly.  I've never been good at math.  My friend says I don't do math at all, I do arithmetic.

• Haha 1

In any year you will have two ages: depending on whether it is before or after your birthday. So the formula cannot be universally true.

• Like 1

Guys, not trying to be an ass wipe mr. smarty boots, but if i could draw a number line for any year someone was born, and there age, it would add up to the current year what ever year that is.  you guys have got to be pulling my leg, or pulling something. loL. lots of fun

27 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

Guys, not trying to be an ass wipe mr. smarty boots, but if i could draw a number line for any year someone was born, and there age, it would add up to the current year what ever year that is.  you guys have got to be pulling my leg, or pulling something. loL. lots of fun

No - there is a problem.

Suppose one were born on the first of May in the year 2000 (to keep it simple), in that case one would now be of the age 18. Adding those numbers gives:

2000 + 18 = 2018 .

But now lets suppose one were born on the 25 December of the year 2000, in that case one would now be of the age 17. Adding those numbers gives:

2000 + 17 = 2017 .

Edited by wandelaar
  • Haha 1

ok.  yes, and if one was born Dec 31 2000 at 11:59 pm and 59 seconds, on a rocket ship going 98 percent of the speed of light, then it would be 2018 on earth,  and both 2017 on the rocket.  LOL. this is fun.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zen Pig said:

ok.  yes, and if one was born Dec 31 2000 at 11:59 pm and 59 seconds, on a rocket ship going 98 percent of the speed of light, then it would be 2018 on earth,  and both 2017 on the rocket.  LOL. this is fun.

So I'm guessing that's why they sent this silly joke out in December

• Like 1

6 hours ago, manitou said:

Hi everyone - I got this forwarded from a friend today.  Can anybody explain why this is?? :blink:

We are all 2018 today.
Try it and see.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Wait, a second.. Your Birth year remains a constant.  Your age goes up by 1 every year.  Thus in 2019, the number will be one year more, thus the strange and inexplicable happens again, and will happen the next year too.

In terms of magic, its called number forcing. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, manitou said:

Sending this joke towards the end of December gives a high probability that the person reading the joke already had his/her birthday of that year. And in that case the formula cannot fail to give the current year as an answer.

The claim of this happening only once every 1,000 years is nonsense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wandelaar said:

The claim of this happening only once every 1,000 years is nonsense.

What's nonsense is my gullibility for even posting that in the first place.  Oh well.  I'm just a little old lady, what else can you expect?  I feel like I'm cutting edge because I know how to use email.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, manitou said:

What's nonsense is my gullibility for even posting that in the first place.  Oh well.  I'm just a little old lady, what else can you expect?  I feel like I'm cutting edge because I know how to use email.

Nobody knows everything. In my opinion you did the right thing in asking about something you wasn't sure of.

9 hours ago, manitou said:

Deep gassho bow of realization.  It was my own hubris and ego that I made light of this post.  The more i learn, the more I see just how much more I need to see.  Thanks for the wake up call.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

Deep gassho bow of realization.  It was my own hubris and ego that I made light of this post.  The more i learn, the more I see just how much more I need to see.  Thanks for the wake up call.

Don't be hard on yourself.  It was all taken in good fun.  Pour yourself a shooter at that bar you appear to be sitting at.  (My guess would be San Felipe, Baja)

But yes, the further we go on the self realization path, the more subtle are the tweaks we need to make.  Thanks for your comment and it just shows me what a good person you are.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, manitou said:

Pour yourself a shooter at that bar you appear to be sitting at.  (My guess would be San Felipe, Baja)

Thanks for your good thoughts. And good guess,  but our little neighborhood bar is in the hills of Northern Colorado, about a mile from my valley.  cheers.

On 20/12/2018 at 5:00 AM, manitou said:

We are all 2018 today.
Try it and see.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No .... numerologists can not explain this  .

:D    

On 20/12/2018 at 6:23 AM, manitou said:

Okay :lol:

I got had badly.  I've never been good at math.  My friend says I don't do math at all, I do arithmetic.

.... and  'numerology '  ? 

<_<

On 20/12/2018 at 8:33 AM, Zen Pig said:

Oh no .... try this ;   think of a number , any number , then add 6 , now,  take away 3 , now take away the number you first thought of and ....

Spoiler

3  !     .....  right   ?

image.png.d92955bf74a15fa077eac9d63e0026c5.png

On 20/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, manitou said:

But it isnt really December .

On 20/12/2018 at 3:34 PM, manitou said:

Ummmm ... dear .  this isnt email . 

image.png.84f8768eade6c9fa1ea0d67e4e12f79c.png

Spoiler

;) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nungali said:

Ummmm ... dear .  this isnt email . 

image.png.84f8768eade6c9fa1ea0d67e4e12f79c.png

Hide contents

;) 

How in the world did you get my picture??

• Haha 1