dao zhen

China Taoist Association Response - Wang Liping

Is this the guy?

Wang Liping

And isnt this your friend Dao Zhen? Looks like he has lots of humor :)

Dao Zhens friend

Thank you for your letter.

Yes, that is my Uncle and we just call him Da Sifu.

He is a respected senior member and elder teacher in the San Feng Pai on Wudang.

He lives in a cave shrine behind Purple Heaven Temple on Wudang.

He has a box that is like a bee hive, and he haervests his own honey.

There is a small waterfall to the side of the cave, and he gathers his drinking water from this.

I am going there this Thursday to bring him some gifts for the Lunar New Year and Spring Festival here in China.

I will take some pictures this Thursday and post them in my gallery for members.

He is a wonderful human, and full of much love and compassion; mostly he just laughs and smiles a lot.

Below his cave, is an ancient platform that is shaped in the fashion of the Pa Kua.

It is said that it was the ancient training platform for Master Chan San Feng in ancient times; it has a very strong vibe, and a great place to train Taiji or meditation.

Thank you.

With all my best.

Sincerely, dao zhen

Want to come to Wudang?

Get a plane ticket and come.

I have a guest bedroom, and would love to show you around.

I studied with the Wandering Taoist Kwan Saihung when I was 18 in San Francisco.......

Well, thank you for your great hospitality! I will keep that in mind. I was in Beijing last year, but on my next trip perhaps I will come out to Wudangshan...

My friend also met Kwan Saihung before. I believe he said he was in pretty great, rugged physical shape for his age. Although he knew but didn't teach that much alchemy because his students just weren't geared up for it, or something. Got any pictures of him, btw?

And thanks for all the great info you have shared with us! It's all been really great to read. :)

Yes, Sifu Kwan was in awesome shape, and his Taoist Yoga sets are wonderful, and I have yet to really see anything like them in China.

We were a group of 9 or 12 students, a private class that had lessons 2 - 3 times a week. During this time he also would teach some public workshops here and there - which he said he did to earn money.

He taught our group his meditations, alchemy, qigong, and we also would have lectures on such things as the inner meaning of the heart sutra and the Three layers of the soul, diet, and other topics.

It was a great time.

Though I did not study indepth with him.

Just learned some of his Qigong, Taoist Yoga, Hsing Yi Chuan, meditation, etc.

He had students in that group who had been studying with him for over 13 years.

You are very welcome to visit.

It would be fun.

I will be here in my home on Wudang till mid April.

April is Huashan training.

From May - October I will stay in Yuan Ming Temple on QingCheng Shan.

Now is just time to rest.

Very nice to meet you.

With all my best.

Sincerely, Jesse

Its an honor to have someone so gracious and knowledgeable sharing with us here.

Thank you

Michael

Yes, Sifu Kwan was in awesome shape, and his Taoist Yoga sets are wonderful, and I have yet to really see anything like them in China.

most likely you never will but not for a good reason.

Attacking Verdesi but praising Kwan - this is just too amusing.

Dao Zhen,

How long have you been in Wudang? I was there a couple of years ago with my Master and Master Zhong Yun Long and my lineage brothers and sisters.

I'm an initiate under Master Yun Xiang Tseng (Chen). He was Grandmaster Li's disciple. He's there at Wudang now. If you get a chance you should meet up with him and tell him I sent you. My Daoist name is Zhong Xu. Just ask around and somebody will find him for you.

Just wanted to talk to you a little more about Wudang. My brother Zhong Xue Chao is here in the US from Wudang as well.

Tao Bless,

Wudangspirit

Nice to meet you.

I have been coming to Wudang off and on for the last five years.

I know Teacher Chen, and met him in Wudang in 2006 I think it was near Nanyan Palace (he was filming something or other), and am good friends with Master Zhong Xue Chao - Teacher Bing as I called him.

It is a small world.

How is Bing doing in America?

I will try and post more photos of Wudang from my gallery here for you.

My main interest is in Taoist Internal Alchemy practice, and Taoism theory, though I currently study a little 5 Animal Yang Sheng, Wudang Ba Duan Jin and San Feng 13 form Taiji under Teacher Yuan - he is the elder brother of Teacher Bing.

I am not a member of the San Feng Pai, nor am I a disciple under Teacher Yuan, though I highly respect him.

I mostly just love the feeling, environment and history of Wudang.

I looked all over China for a place to make my home base, and this was the place that touched my heart.

With all my best.

Sincerely, dao zhen

Thanks for your reply.

Bing is doing fine. Yes, my Master was filming on behalf of the Wudang Taoist Association. They want to distribute a film in the US on Wudang. My Master has a non-profit organization in order to raise funds to build a temple in Colorado.

2 Summers ago he held a Taoist Summit in Boulder where several of the priests came and performed blessing ceremonies and played music along with several of the kung fu guys. It was nice.

I really enjoy your comments and discussions. You have a good heart and it's in the right place. Good luck on your practice. Keep in touch.

Tao Bless,

Wudangspirit

Nice to meet you.

I have been coming to Wudang off and on for the last five years.

I know Teacher Chen, and met him in Wudang in 2006 I think it was near Nanyan Palace (he was filming something or other), and am good friends with Master Zhong Xue Chao - Teacher Bing as I called him.

It is a small world.

How is Bing doing in America?

I will try and post more photos of Wudang from my gallery here for you.

My main interest is in Taoist Internal Alchemy practice, and Taoism theory, though I currently study a little 5 Animal Yang Sheng, Wudang Ba Duan Jin and San Feng 13 form Taiji under Teacher Yuan - he is the elder brother of Teacher Bing.

I am not a member of the San Feng Pai, nor am I a disciple under Teacher Yuan, though I highly respect him.

I mostly just love the feeling, environment and history of Wudang.

I looked all over China for a place to make my home base, and this was the place that touched my heart.

With all my best.

Sincerely, dao zhen

I live in Wudang and am a practicing lay Taoist, and have many friends that are members of various temples, Taoism organizations and the like.

I have a Taoist Master I follow who is teaching the art of Dragon Gate Taoism from the Complete Perfection Tradition as founded by Patriarch Wang Chongyang.

His tradition is from the Qian Shan mountain area in the North of China, Liaoning Province.

We study Taoism theory, inner meaning of classic texts, Taoist Yoga and the main emphasis of study is on the practice of Internal Alchemy Meditation.

I seek to reply to your letter, as I have never mentioned Mr. David in any sort of an attacking manner, nor have I ever said anything negative about the methods they teach, nor have I said anything negative in regards to their commercial methods and business practice, nor have I ever had such a tone with his student Sean nor the teacher they follow, Mr. Wang Liping.

I did seek to show and clarify those statements which I knew were false.

It is one thing for us all to share our experience in Tao, it is another thing to spread exaggerations and falsehoods to impress students who have no experience or knowledge of what goes on in the Taoism world of China; especially while seeking those students for monarary gain.

:)

Have you ever meet Teacher Kwan Saihung personally?

No I have not , I have also not meet the gentleman who has the Brooklyn bridge for sale, i heard its a great deal though.

Edited by Procurator

No I have not , I have also not meet the gentleman who has the Brooklyn bridge for sale, i heard its a great deal though.

This really made me laugh.......... :D

I think I am starting to like you........

Much love, dao zhen

Sean,

I have really enjoyed your posts in the forum. I am a total beginner when it comes to all of this, but I saw the two videos on John chang and now I am completely fascinated, feeling that this is my calling. I am just about to hop on a flight to borneo and hunt him down to try and become his student.

I'm wondering how to get started, I don't know anything about meditation or bio energy, but I want to master it all. There is no real magic left in the earth and this wisdom is way too important to die out, I want to preserve it and learn everything.

I really want to travel to visit the masters, you had mentioned something about this several years ago in a post. I would love to get in contact with anyone who learned from Chang or knows where he is located.

I'm very serious in my passion for knowledge and wisdom

Thank you for your time!

Brian

Yeah wouldn't all our ego's be able to shoot lightning from our bodies ;-)

Chang isn't teaching anymore, not even his old western students, no one knows if he will teach ever again. Sean is in contact with people who only want your money, there's better ways to learn. David is one of those that promote themselves to pieces and aim for hundreds if not thousands of students, all while yelling you can't learn from books, you can't learn on your own, you need me for initiation, yadda yadda, without realizing he can in no way aid anyone of his students in a proper manner.

Then he will have you spend 5000 euros to get to china, but won't tell you that you need to pay even more when you get there to his alleged master who will kill a bull and steal it's energy to empower you. That's not including your stay or anything of course.

Don't fall for these guys...

You can learn on your own.

Read my post on meditation, that's a good start.

The powers you develop during meditation are only side effects of your way to the true path, enlightenment.

Dear Chanwu

>>David is one of those that promote themselves to pieces and aim for hundreds if not thousands of students,<<

in all politeness. I can not leave a lie as is if I indeed know it to be a lie.

>>You can learn on your own.<<

many, and sure enough many who have no affeliation with David, do not and will never agree!

Don't "sell" something as truth what is just a belief.

Good night

Harry

Edited by sunshine

Sean,

I have really enjoyed your posts in the forum. I am a total beginner when it comes to all of this, but I saw the two videos on John chang and now I am completely fascinated, feeling that this is my calling. I am just about to hop on a flight to borneo and hunt him down to try and become his student.

I'm wondering how to get started, I don't know anything about meditation or bio energy, but I want to master it all. There is no real magic left in the earth and this wisdom is way too important to die out, I want to preserve it and learn everything.

I really want to travel to visit the masters, you had mentioned something about this several years ago in a post. I would love to get in contact with anyone who learned from Chang or knows where he is located.

I'm very serious in my passion for knowledge and wisdom

Thank you for your time!

Brian

This kind of posts about John Chang always make me laugh. Who the f**k do you think you are? This kind of knowledge will not be lost. They will be transmitted but just NOT to YOU. If it's meant for you to know, you will be seeked out, not the other way round. Stop wasting your time.

This kind of posts about John Chang always make me laugh. Who the f**k do you think you are? This kind of knowledge will not be lost. They will be transmitted but just NOT to YOU. If it's meant for you to know, you will be seeked out, not the other way round. Stop wasting your time.

Totally unnecessary response ... please learn some manners.

Totally unnecessary response ... please learn some manners.

whatever, truth hurts sometimes, i am actually saving him precious time and money.

"Yes, Sifu Kwan was my first real Taoist teacher. I guess he is famous from his books. He was a serious teacher, and trained us very hard."

Wait. Kwan Saihung? Please, Kwan is a bullshit artist.

Have you ever meet Teacher Kwan Saihung personally?

I try my best to be honest in my posts and in my life experience.

Yes, I learned some very good Taoist Yoga exercises from Teacher Kwan when I was very young, 18 years old.

I was impressed with his Taoist Yoga methods.

The only thing that I have seen that is similar is an ancient Wudang 5 Animal set from the San Feng Pai, yet it lacked the dynamic movement and in-depth attention to opening up the joints and skeletal structure.

So from my experience, what I learned from him was very good and has been very useful.

Hi Dao Zhen, I wish you well in your quest to overlook the insults of those who know little, it is a common thing on some Taoism forums, unfortunately, and can become tiresome.

I have a friend who has studied with Mr. Saihung and he agrees with you, he was very impressed with Saihung's great strength and mobility even though he was so old.

Edited by Starjumper7

Really Steve,

I have a couple of friends who found his stuff endless nonsense and decided to study with the lowly likes of me instead. I know people who saw Mr. Kwan's passport. He's sometimes in the western part of my state. Please, Steve, Mr. Wizard, show me how I know little. You've already shown yourself as an insulter (how was the time out?), please show yourself as wizard. Just leave me out of your inane tirade. You have nothing,

If initiation was necessary, then who initiated the first one?

Dear Chanwu

>>David is one of those that promote themselves to pieces and aim for hundreds if not thousands of students,<<

in all politeness. I can not leave a lie as is if I indeed know it to be a lie.

>>You can learn on your own.<<

many, and sure enough many who have no affeliation with David, do not and will never agree!

Don't "sell" something as truth what is just a belief.

Good night

Harry

If initiation was necessary, then who initiated the first one?

There are many ideas about the first ones for sure...

Think of children being left by their parents at an early stage in life. They might develop on their own in many ways...they might develop a way to articluate themselves in ways they can understand each other. And still they will not in this lifetime develop a language as sophisticated as their parents could have taught them. "Inititation" in this case sure would be beneficial. Without it it will take decades, maybe hundred of years to develop their language to a similar level. Without initiation in so many areas in life we would be starting things with very little steps all anew again... each individual for her/himself... many trials and errors... too little time... likely achieving not much at all. Why not follow those who came before us and layed things out for us? You might achieve a lot on your own, but do you think you could develop mathematics or physics or whatever to the current stage in only one lifetime? With initiation you can start where others left off, this way benefitting from all the trials and errors and their outcomes of the past and get much further more quickly. I coud continue...

Harry

Guest winpro07
:mellow: Edited by winpro07

There are many ideas about the first ones for sure...

Think of children being left by their parents at an early stage in life. They might develop on their own in many ways...they might develop a way to articluate themselves in ways they can understand each other. And still they will not in this lifetime develop a language as sophisticated as their parents could have taught them. "Inititation" in this case sure would be beneficial. Without it it will take decades, maybe hundred of years to develop their language to a similar level. Without initiation in so many areas in life we would be starting things with very little steps all anew again... each individual for her/himself... many trials and errors... too little time... likely achieving not much at all. Why not follow those who came before us and layed things out for us? You might achieve a lot on your own, but do you think you could develop mathematics or physics or whatever to the current stage in only one lifetime? With initiation you can start where others left off, this way benefitting from all the trials and errors and their outcomes of the past and get much further more quickly. I coud continue...

Harry

Okay so initiation is some kind of bypass of 100 years of knowledge, an injection of experience directly in your bloodstream?

So my enlightened teacher cannot teach me anything because he didn't get initiated from anyone? Surely he can affect my mind and quiet my mind but.... I think you are really too into this to understand what you are propagating.

David lives in China, where do you live? Do you think he is a true teacher to you in the "old sense" they so keenly suggest all the time?