Sun is up !  .... gotta go and stack bricks   ,  back later .

Edited by Nungali

@Nungali

I'm relieved to hear your not along the darkened path but in fact have opened a very interesting part of sufism which regards jinny kingdoms.

Jinns like you mentioned through your words regarding salamanders,  undines etc come in many different forms, shapes, sizes, element types.

Some live in oceans, mountains, human homes, some work with the land some along side angles who replant seeds by heavily commands some bring clouds of rain many live in our universe and many other universes.

They come in groups of light energy type dark energy type and neutral. They also belong to religion's and some without and have their own traditions. My master has collected many sayings and traditions from when the jinn were with many different prophets and learned directly from them.

Jinn is a word which comes from "jaan" which points to something alien or unknown being. Therefore they aren't only mad out of fire.

The devil his name was azazeel and was jinn type and master of many different paths his story is a very sad one on how his inner greed and pride finished him and led to his cursed marks.

Shaytan is also the devils name in Arabic but means anything which has gone astray, so in his case he left the path of light and his jinn traditions and so fell massively in rank.

@Nungali

My origins are Pakistani but I was born in the UK. My teachers come from many different backgrounds, but mostly Turkish. In our tariqat we have masters from allover the world.

On your question regarding learning, and keeping it..

I can only say refine your path and keep refining, we are in the age of information we have plenty to read but I would say to myself first and then to you, to do a inner heart throw out like spring cleaning haha and only keep those things which carry you to your destination my master once said " be like a motorbike, it requires a small amount of fuel but still takes you to your destination" 

Refine and throw refine and throw, there's too many stalls open now in this spiritual marketplace, one stall for inner knowledge hermetics, sufism, Buddhism etc etc stalls for elixirs, crystal healing, should I work on Japanese hara or maybe work on the 3 dantiens, should I work on ritual etc etc etc we are in a time of information so I would say refine and keep those tools like a small survival knife which has all the tools you need which fit in your hand and pocket. Hope these words hit your heart. 🙏

Edited by Wytfang
  • Like 1

@Nungali

Depends what kind of mistakes, each mistake/sin has a dark aura which blemishes the heart causing it to make holes within your light body, this then grows and so we all keep making some bad habits and mistakes.

You have to believe in mercy and trust your inner light to heal you just as the sun shines over good people and bad people we too must embrace and understand that side of ourselves and why we stay trapped.

Also the other side is to develop will power through less sleep less speaking and less eating this belongs to many yogi/sufi style cultivation paths and fights head to head with our lower selves which is very hard.

My master advised us to fill yourself with higher practises such as mantra of God's holy names this builds light power and because of our spirit meter being higher on the scale our lower side drops and also the ego enjoys it as well. In our path the ego is our personal dragon which needs to be controlled but not taken away.

Edited by Wytfang
  • Like 1

On 20.12.2018 at 3:11 AM, Wytfang said:

The true path begins on the terrain of this heavy journey, right now we sit in a tavern all gathered merry making and some arguing, who's willing to go outside into the chilling winds up the mountain pass?.

Love that one, thanks. 

Edited by Wuschel
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 8:34 PM, Wytfang said:

@dwai 

Thanks for your interest and similar experience with your own teachers, try to stay in the company of those who have the rabita/connection it's very important.

If it's OK with you I don't want to box myself in to any particular sufi order, I belong to all and I'm a bridge for others to cross. *bow*

@Still_Waters

The concept of dieing before death shows us that there is no such thing as a death and that it's only a door opening to another side into a new scenery.

In sufism this state happens during meditation just like you mentioned our Tibetan elders do the same, there's no more fear of dieing it's like taking of a coat nothing more.

@Nungali

Hello my brother very interesting experience, from my own experience it seems like this experience maybe mostly based around elf/fairy/jinn gatherings.

My advise as a brother for you would be to try to go beyond this and every night read salamun qawlan min rabbin raheem ("peace" a word from a merciful lord). This will help go past those gatherings and I have been given permission by my master to pass this onto you.

But this is still your journey alone so I'm only giving a small advise.*bow*

Based on my "dying before death"  practice (as well as a near death experience many years ago), I agree completely with you that "there is no such thing as death and that it's only a door opening to another side into a new scenery." Well said !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wytfang said:

Wow thanks my spirit brother, I've read some texts by hazrat inayat khan, my master also met pir vilayat khan they had a very beautiful meeting and share some spiritual food 😊

I'm happy to hear your journey also please sit and share.🙏

Mashallah you are lucky you can talk to a sufi sheikh and have a heart to heart it's very useful.

As you said yes, this talk about alam Al arwah/spirit world's doesn't get opened and needs permission but I'm fortunate to have been given a small drop to open it up slightly.

Thanks.☺

For some reason, I am inspired to share a story with you about my personal interactions with Pir Vilayat Khan. (I had practiced under him and had gone on retreats with him during a period when I was at odds with my primary spiritual mentor over an "absurd" answer she had given to one of my questions. Afterwards, I discovered that her "answer" was right on target and it was my view of the world that was actually "absurd". LOL Shortly thereafter, I went back to her and studied under her for over 30 years.)

Having been raised in a Christian environment, Pir Vilayat Khan's appearance (white male, white beard, long white hair, long white Sufi robe, etc.) corresponded to my anthropomorphic image of God the Father. He was my visual ideal and, of course, his teachings were quite illuminating as well.

At one time, in a one-on-one meeting, I asked him for spiritual initiation. I recall him pausing silently for a long time before responding, "Before I initiate you, is there anything that you would like to tell me?" I couldn't think of anything in particular but suddenly blurted out, "Well, I have been studying under a female teacher but we don't get along." Thoughtfully, he asked, "May I ask her name". I responded, "Ma Yoga Shakti". I could see that he was immediately taken back by that response since he apparently was familiar with her. He then said, "She is a great soul. I cannot initiate you without her permission." A little annoyed by his response, I answered, "Well then, can I at least call about you in meditation if I have questions". His answer surprised me: "I am not worthy of that but you may call upon my father at any time since it is to him that you are really attracted." He was surprisingly correct, as I was indeed very attracted to his father, Hazrat Inayat Khan. I have never forgotten that interaction and, once I discovered that my teacher's answer was not as "absurd" as I had originally imagined, we developed an awesome, enlightening relationship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wytfang said:

@Nungali

Depends what kind of mistakes, each mistake/sin has a dark aura which blemishes the heart causing it to make holes within your light body, this then grows and so we all keep making some bad habits and mistakes.

You have to believe in mercy and trust your inner light to heal you just as the sun shines over good people and bad people we too must embrace and understand that side of ourselves and why we stay trapped.

Also the other side is to develop will power through less sleep less speaking and less eating this belongs to many yogi/sufi style cultivation paths and fights head to head with our lower selves which is very hard.

My master advised us to fill yourself with higher practises such as mantra of God's holy names this builds light power and because of our spirit meter being higher on the scale our lower side drops and also the ego enjoys it as well. In our path the ego is our personal dragon which needs to be controlled but not taken away.

I am enjoying your posts and, as you can see, I am looking back to review what you have written.

Your master's advice "to fill yourself with higher practices such as mantra of God's holy names" is awesome. That became one of my primary practices and the story behind how I got my own mantra may be of interest to you.

When I was in Tibet many years, I asked some one what there was to do in Lhasa as there were not many activities in the city. He looked at me somewhat surprised and simply responded that he chanted his mantra and so should I. At that time,  I was definitely not drawn to mantras during which one repeated the same thing over and over and over again. I laughed inwardly at his "simplicity" and moved on as I was not drawn to mantras AT THAT TIME. I didn't realize it at the time, but I would gradually have a complete turnaround regarding this and chanting mantra would become one of my primary practices.

At that time, I used to go to a yoga ashram in New York City. Often, after the yoga asanas, they would chant mantras and I would extricate myself as quickly as possible so that I would not have to participate. Every once in a while, I would get "stuck" and couldn't extricate myself so I had to endure the chanting quite reluctantly. I started to notice that, every time I got "stuck", it was always the same mantra that was being chanted on that day. Eventually, whenever I got "stuck", I would say to myself that I could virtually guarantee what the mantra of the day would be and, sure enough, it was always the same mantra. Slowly but surely, I found myself drawn to that mantra and, whenever I got "stuck", I actually looked forward to the inevitable mantra that was becoming a part of me. Little by little, I would chant the mantra spontaneously even when I was not at the ashram and it would arise naturally when I would go to sleep at night. The mantra became "My Mantra" and I loved it as I delved more deeply into it and discovered the underlying significance of all aspects of it.

Years later, when I received spiritual initiation from my spiritual mentor with whom I would have an ongoing connection for over 30 years, she asked me if I wanted a mantra. Internally, I said to myself that I had a mantra that completely satisfied me but, on the other hand, I should trust my teacher explicitly. I then asked her to give me a mantra and, sure enough, she gave me the same mantra to which I had already been drawn --- "My Mantra". It reinforced the fact that this was indeed "My Mantra".

Many years later (1998), when I accompanied my teacher to the Khumba Mela in Haridwar, India, I was walking across a completely empty open field with a friend as we were walking towards tent city on the banks of the Ganges. We were discussing spiritual practices (japa versus aarti) with each of us having a different preference. (Mine was obviously japa, or mantra meditation.) Suddenly, out of nowhere, a revered sage literally appeared out of nowhere and, without being asked, answered my question in 6 brief words. Three of those words were my specific mantra followed by "japa 3 hours". Just as mysteriously, the sage vanished. My friend and I were stunned that we had both seen and heard the same thing. It was not a hallucination. When we went back to the ashram, my spiritual mentor and other sages confirmed our experience when they identified the sage and added that he does this from time to time. "Everyone knows that." Needless to say, that was a final confirmation that "My Mantra" was the right mantra (for me) and, even to this day, when nothing else is happening, the mantra still arises spontaneously and serves as my gateway to the stillness as it gradually fades away into the Great Silence of the stillness. That mantra, with its powerful implications, serves as my gateway to the stillness as it reduces all my thoughts to that one thought alone and, from there, one can enter the Great Stillness.

That's "My Mantra" story for the day --- quite a transition with life-transforming implications.

Edited by Still_Waters
  • Like 4

On 12/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, Wytfang said:

The holy quran has 7 layers to it the first layer tells story's of history so we don't make the same mistakes, after that it goes beyond which isn't supposed to be discussed unless your under guidance to do so, so I'll respect those in authority over me and back off haha.

Do these seven layers correspond to the seven nafs, or perhaps the seven valleys of Attar in any way?? I can definitely see how there are different levels of meaning within the Quran depending on what nafs the reader holds, so I suspect (though since you only mention the first layer, it is hard to say) that there is correspondence between these seven layers you allude to and the seven nafs held by the reader.

Regardless of the answer (and, of course, if you cannot answer due to the nature of Sufi teaching, that is understandable), do you have any thoughts on the subject of the seven nafs and/or the related mystic poetry of Attar??

My own tradition posits there are countless layers to the Quran, down to even the meanings of each individual character therein.

For those unfamiliar, "nafs" means something akin to "spirit", "self", "ego", or "level of being". I don't really like any translation I've found of the concept, so I'll stick to calling it nafs.

Of interest to those of a Taoist background here, or anyone who looks for intersection in different cultivation traditions, the fourth nafs, Nafs al Mutmainnah, I would say corresponds to the concept of Wu Wei, and I think there are parallels that can be drawn between the fifth, Nafs ar Raddiyyah, and the Taijitu.

• Like 1

@Alchemical Walrus

Thanks for your interesting perpective.☺

The seven layers can help us upgrade our own levels but this has to be opened or given by God's own guidance, it's something beyond our own logic.

Sorry I've never came across the seven valleys of star thanks for the info. Each world has countless valleys and each valley has oceans of knowledge belonging to different fields, the human soul is upgraded by these knowledges.

A brief introduction to the holy letters of the quran.

Each holy letter is a holy being, each letter has a Kingdom within and governing angels the master of all holy letters is the first letter alif, it resembles mankind standing upright and spiritually relates to standing firm on ones journey, when gods gaze and knowledge landed on all the 28 Arabic letters all the other letters except the alif changed form, bending and twisting in different ways, but the alif stood firm therefore it's the imam/head/master of all the letters and all knowledges belong to it and Allah starts with alif🙏

The rest of the layers can only be unlocked through the spiritual side due to the masters who guard the book of knowledge, the real quran is on the spiritual side.alif_by_moffad-d5ku70n.jpg.de41423ec845c6c5768e80dbaf4f0b3d.jpg

Edited by Wytfang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wytfang said:

@Still_Waters

Wow thanks for the share. That's what I would call spirit tracks, destiny moves us in a very amazing way.😊

Thanks for your amazing experiences🙏

Destiny does indeed move us in a very amazing way, as you duly noted. That is why I surrender to that which lies beyond because it unerringly guides me in the best interests of all (including my own) with no expectation of a return. (Long ago, I discovered that my self-limiting separatist little ego is most assuredly not as reliable a guide. LOL)

I'm glad that you enjoyed the story. I sensed that you might find it interesting.

Edited by Still_Waters
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Wytfang said:

@Alchemical Walrus

Thanks for your interesting perpective.☺

The seven layers can help us upgrade our own levels but this has to be opened or given by God's own guidance, it's something beyond our own logic.

Sorry I've never came across the seven valleys of star thanks for the info. Each world has countless valleys and each valley has oceans of knowledge belonging to different fields, the human soul is upgraded by these knowledges.

A brief introduction to the holy letters of the quran.

Each holy letter is a holy being, each letter has a Kingdom within and governing angels the master of all holy letters is the first letter alif, it resembles mankind standing upright and spiritually relates to standing firm on ones journey, when gods gaze and knowledge landed on all the 28 Arabic letters all the other letters except the alif changed form, bending and twisting in different ways, but the alif stood firm therefore it's the imam/head/master of all the letters and all knowledges belong to it and Allah starts with alif🙏

The rest of the layers can only be unlocked through the spiritual side due to the masters who guard the book of knowledge, the real quran is on the spiritual side.alif_by_moffad-d5ku70n.jpg.de41423ec845c6c5768e80dbaf4f0b3d.jpg

So are you saying that you get power from, or have practices where you focus on the image?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 7:52 AM, Jonesboy said:

He is referring to the 5 Sheaths or Koshas of Yoga.

http://www.swamij.com/koshas.htm

Maybe he's referring to the 3 bodies or Shariras, namely "Sthula - Physical, Linga - Astral and Karana - Causal". :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

So are you saying that you get power from, or have practices where you focus on the image?

Thanks for your understanding 🙏

An image has some degree of vibrations depending on what's being gazed upon, you accidentally stumbled on one of my personal practises yes which we call tasawwur e sheikh this is when the student focuses with love upon their guide or master/murshid and because of this inner gazing the guide then sends his unlocking power over the inner subtle points the sufi chakras known as lataif.

But regarding gazing at holy letters many people read the quran good and bad people both may gaze at the letters, but it depends on the one gazing and the one being gazed back upon by the Lord most high which truly matters, this ways of letters has been locked for sayyids and those who god may reveal to. In brief our thinking or doing can't unlock this because the key holder is on the other side.

• Like 1

These are the sufi chakras, each point is guarded by a holy prophet.

Adam, jesus, Abraham, moses and muhammad and sometimes these prophets are slightly different in other orders they add noah. They are also linked to higher levels of the soul and archangels and various lower and higher frequencies.

ad973a14d775b4b57e7fca21ed0b9845.jpg

1 hour ago, Wytfang said:

These are the sufi chakras, each point is guarded by a holy prophet.

Adam, jesus, Abraham, moses and muhammad and sometimes these prophets are slightly different in other orders they add noah. They are also linked to higher levels of the soul and archangels and various lower and higher frequencies.

Here is the correct map of these centers, known as the "Lataif":

lataif.png

Edited by Lataif
  • Like 1

@Lataif

Thanks for the image brother.😊

If this works for you then use this way. My intention is to try and fit in many sufi ways and each has their own system.

Thanks for your understanding🙏

21 hours ago, Lataif said:

Here is the correct map of these centers, known as the "Lataif":

lataif.png

Subtle Substances (The Lataif)

According to Naqshbandi Sufi author Idries Shah [13], the Lataif (plural of Latifa) are five special "Organs of Perception" -- subtle human capacities for experience and action:

• Qalb (color yellow, location left side of the body)
  • Ruh (color red, location right side of the body)
  • Sirr (color white, location below the navel)
  • Khafi (color black, location forehead)
  • Ikhfa (color green, location center of chest)

Their equivalents on a conventional level of experience are interpreted by Hameed Ali (A. H. Almaas)[14] as follows:

• Qalb (Joy)
  • Ruh (Strength)
  • Sirr (Will)
  • Khafi (Peace)
  • Ikhfa (Compassion)

The underlying Arabic word "latifa" means "subtlety" and the five Lataif together are understood to make up the human "subtle body" (Jism Latif).

This subtle body is only explicitly active, however, in human beings who have undergone a spiritual evolution. Activating (or awakening or "illuminating") the individual Lataif (and thereby the Jism Latif as a whole) is considered to be the central part of the comprehensive spiritual development that is Sufi spiritual practice.

The activation/awakening/illumination process consists of various methods and exercises. One such method, for example, includes having the student concentrate awareness on the part of the body that is related to each Latifa. Another method is direct activation of the Latifa by a special interchange, called "tajalli" ("luminizing"), between Sufi teacher and student.

A person in whom the Jism Latif is explicitly realized and functioning is understood to have achieved the first, preliminary, level of becoming the Sufi ideal of a Perfect Man (Al-Insān al-Kāmil.).

Edited by Lataif
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

The rest of the layers can only be unlocked through the spiritual side due to the masters who guard the book of knowledge, the real quran is on the spiritual side.

wonderful post, and very well put, but the idea of masters, (I am assuming you mean humans, if not my apology) , as far as I have seen leads us humans to be depraved, egotistic, hedonistic, to the point where we sell our semen to unknowing seekers for thousands of dollars because we tell them that "my sperm will enlighten you".  In the old school of Chan, (zen) they called these people , "black foxes" because they had experiences, but sold out for there own profit, or there own ego. 

if you mean forms that guide us, that make sure we don't put penny's in the outlets or run up and down stairs with scissors,  (unless that is actually what we need at that time),  then I would tend to agree. 

After all our own angels are never on Oprah, or selling books or banging others for there own ego fulfillment. (that I know of).  Just my two cents. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

wonderful post, and very well put, but the idea of masters, (I am assuming you mean humans, if not my apology) , as far as I have seen leads us humans to be depraved, egotistic, hedonistic, to the point where we sell our semen to unknowing seekers for thousands of dollars because we tell them that "my sperm will enlighten you".  In the old school of Chan, (zen) they called these people , "black foxes" because they had experiences, but sold out for there own profit, or there own ego. 

if you mean forms that guide us, that make sure we don't put penny's in the outlets or run up and down stairs with scissors,  (unless that is actually what we need at that time),  then I would tend to agree. 

While I think there’s definitely fake spiritual gurus out there, there’s also real ones (usually don’t advertise). I wouldn’t be so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

While I think there’s definitely fake spiritual gurus out there, there’s also real ones (usually don’t advertise). I wouldn’t be so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water 😊

"The only reason fools gold exist, is because there is also real gold' (but it is rare as hell). LOL - Rumi.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

"The only reason fools gold exist, is because there is also real gold' (but it is rare as hell). LOL - Rumi.

Love this 😊

• Like 3