May peace find those of you who, this message may reach.

I would like to open a discussion regarding sufi cultivation here on this page.

I welcome all fellow cultivators from all different paths *bow*

Edited by Wytfang
  • Like 6

Thanks brother Jeff ☺

My purpose is to open a small spiritual doorway so others may see slightly beyond all this physical side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wytfang said:

Thanks brother Jeff ☺

My purpose is to open a small spiritual doorway so others may see slightly beyond all this physical side.

Very nice.  Can also feel that your heart is open. Do you have a Sheik that you work with?

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes I have a sheikh, on the spiritual side.

What interests you about sufi ways and what are your practises and interests my friend.

• Like 3

Sufi cultivation is similar to many other cultivation paths.

Purification of the nafs/soul, each level of soul has different desires.

The basic practise is to purify our animalistic characteristics to reach the higher aspects of the true self/soul.

Salah/prayer, dhikr/simran/mantra repetition work, deep meditation focusing on the qalb/hridaya/heart/middle Dantien, fasting to purify the body.

And also observance of the mind and emotions during everyday life, and hearing the inner voice for guidance and deleting habits which aren't needed etc.

Thanks for your question

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Do you work with or feel energy in your Sufi practice?

Yes some schools do. In my lineage my training starts on the spirit world side.

Because of rabita/connection with the master we may tune into different realms/dimensions where gatherings are held, kind of like an astral projection but it's a guarded place only for those belonging to our tradition.

The energy side of things starts later because of its raw power and connection with divine energy, in the wrong hands it's devastating.

Thanks for your question

• Like 2

Thanks for your interesting and thorough answer. 

How did you come to start? Does your family practice too?

The astral gatherings - are filled with mainly humans? Alive or doesn’t matter? How about other types of beings?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying to open this topic with great care and respect, it's a huge and deep aspect of human life, it's vast oceans of knowledge that may fill libraries till the end of human life here on this plane and even then it continues.

My story starts with dark magic which was casted over my family, having my brother and sister being possessed and attacked by countless demons, this attack lasted for 8 months life became very dark, but hope arrived when my family was completely healed by a Sufi master and so our journey began.

"The gatherings" - this is a huge subject. Humans meet spiritually alongside beasts and beings of all kinds, but the gatherings are specific for only 3 kinds angels, jinns and humans and sometimes familiars of the masters but rarely.

Gatherings are for further practise and training to reach higher levels of the soul, this is a very advance starting point compared to many other paths I know of.

I was introduced to a place called heavenly corridors when I first entered the spirit world's. I saw teachers from Buddhism, taoism, hinduism, some wandering yogis and Sufis and two Christian masters.

This heavenly corridor is a launch pad to reaching heavenly kingdoms depending on soul power/fuel, and every spiritual way had their own ways of reaching higher.

That's where I met my masters and their deciples, each religion/spiritual path master had deciples around them and everyone goes to their own training places under their lineage.

The only masters who didn't have deciples were the wandering yogis/dervishes but they still allow for people to sit and take advice in a song form and the two very diciplined Christian masters they were carrying backpacks like travellers of realms, and wore white robes with gold.

Edited by Wytfang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the great convo. It’s awesome to see someone who has dived into spirit deeply, and is open to sharing such personal experiences.

I’ll let some others chime in and ask some other questions. Thanks again for being so candid. 

• Like 1

Hello, 

I have questions too, but they're generally difficult to answer for sufi. 

I like to gain a general understanding of a matter before delving into details and specific approach to cultivation. Therefore, I'd like to have a brief exoteric overview of the underlying philosophy of your school. 

Also, if you feel comfortable to share the name of your order, that would be great. 

My first question has to do with Islam and more specifically with its prophet. What do you think of the prophet Muhammed? Is he to be taken as an example of perfect conduct? Should a sufi sincerely hope to act in life as the prophet Mohammad would? 

What are the most important written sources of spiritual guidance besides the Quran? 

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to participation in this thread. Years ago, I spent time with Pir Vilayat Khan, the son of the Sufi Mystic Hazrat Inayat Khan. I've also read many of Hazrat Inayat Khan's books as the Sufi path is very appealing.

In addition, I hang out with a Sufi Shaik here at the local mosque in Brooklyn but sometimes just get together 1-on-1 for lunch so we get probe the depths together. It's interesting when one can get past the outer formalities and really connect heart-to-heart with the special ones since such discussions are rarely heard by those outside the inner circle. Those discussions are more about practice and direct experiences than theory.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wytfang said:

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes I have a sheikh, on the spiritual side.

What interests you about sufi ways and what are your practises and interests my friend.

My practices are more mystical Christian based, but I have worked on some joint projects with Sufi teams from Turkey that were similar to what you described that plagued your family. Additionally, I spent many years learning the various names of God and angels. The practices is similar, but a little different (and also the numbers are different) than what I was shown from the Sufi/Islamic view. 

Are you familiar with the works of Bedri Ruhselman and his The Divine Order and The Universe writings? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

My practices are more mystical Christian based

I would be interested in hearing more about what you do in your mystical Christian practice?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

I would be interested in hearing more about what you do in your mystical Christian practice?

Happy to discuss as it relates or compares of some of Wytfang Sufi views, but dont want to derail his thread.  Also, my practices changed over the years with more KS and Taoist influences.  Also, I have a bunch of old threads discussing it all that could be used.  As an example...

• Like 4

Which Sufi school do you follow? My Master spent some time with the Naxabandi sufis and had close interaction with their Sheik. He tells me that they are very powerful and spiritually elevated. He also mentioned the Heavenly corridors and sitting in on a council of masters. 

Very nice to read your first-person experiences. 

• Like 2

On certain nights I attend Sufi dance.
 I can't remember where it is or how I get there, or, for that matter, how I get home and back into my bed. 

I talked to a friend about it.

He told me I was dreaming.

But if it is a dream why do I wake up so sore and tired?

Sometimes I have blisters on my feet.

But I feel I'm getting somewhere with it, I'm no longer getting as dizzy as I used to.
I seem to be developing more love and patience. I look good, people tell me.

I was practising a very difficult part of the dance last month.

The teacher wore orange robes and the dance was very technical.

The month before, a different teacher, (who wore a red robe) taught a simpler stamping dance, a somewhat angry yet purposeful dance.

There was a teacher before that a beautiful woman who wore a silver robe, her dance was fluid and graceful.

I didn't do very well. I think I became a little infatuated with her, it was hard to concentrate.

I liked the blue teacher, his dance was joyous and expansive.

Good things happened to me after his lesson.In my mundane life, that is.

The green woman ! Well, that was easy!  But I was a little confronted.

Well worth it, because after those lessons, I met HER - In my mundane life.

- but that's another story

The Golden One seemed to be saying he is what I will become. I found him a little confusing.

I haven't been taught by the black teacher yet, I have had a glimpse of her style.

She is naked and black and sprays of stars and spiral galaxies cover her body.

But now,  it's all mixed up. Sometimes I seem in one level of the dance, and at other times in another level.

But lately there is no teacher.

No particular colored robe and no difference between the me here in this part of the dance and that me there in that part of the dance and another me over there in another part of the dance.

But at the same time I am out of the dance and watching myself and the other dancers.

When that happens the dance becomes a huge astral entity, a massive cone of light with layers and bands of colors and dancers and teachers.

Each colored circle, one on top of each other, diminishing in size; a huge cone of dancing, multi-colored, banded light floating and rotating amongst the blackness and stars of space.

At times while I am in the dance other dancers come into my space and bounce and career off me spinning madly, grinning, singing and dancing off to their destinies on other paths and trajectories.

In this part of the dance are wild eyed poets giggling on LSD, dancers that are leaping and floating like fauns and satyrs somersaulting leaving behind them trails of stars and sparkles.

Lately I have connected with a dance partner.

We dance exquisitely together, she looks just like my partner in the mundane world but lately she seems to have distracted attention. Something seems to be bothering her, perhaps it is me?

it probably is. My dance is far from perfection.

When I look up through the translucence above, I see exquisite dancers.

They are vibrant and ecstatic.

I want to be like them.

They fall and tumble but this helps then to rise in their total control of the dance.

Even when they misstep. I 

I want to be like that.

And when I look down I see the dancers below me still learning the dance.

I remember when I made those mistakes.

Some are awkward and squabbling like cranky penguins but others are concentrating and aspiring.

But sometimes, when the dance blends with my mundane life and I seem stuck in the middle part of the dance.

A crazy insane part of the dance, that must be passed through to finish the dance.

It does with me what it will and I can only respond to its energy and lose myself in the ecstasy of not being there.
But I know I am there.
Just as I know that at this moment life seems much too serious to be taken seriously and so much is happening all at once, that it must be a dance ..... or a dream.

But it matters not because one thing I have learnt is
that no matter how hard the dance is,

if I persevere  and continually attempt to see life from the top of the cone,

in my higher consciousness, with purified love,

I will survive and rise up
beyond the cone

and the stars  above
to the ecstasy of infinite space

• Like 3

Personally, I love the Sufi practice of "dying before death" which is very similar to practices advocated in the Tibetan Book of the Dead and "conscious sleep" in the yoga/Hindu tradition. When one can still the mind, one can remain aware in the deep sleep state, during dream formation, and during the transitions between the three states (deep sleep, dream, so-called waking state) and beyond. It's an incredible practice and the Sufi Hazrat Inayat Khan discusses it extensively.

The implications ("As above so below", "Man is made in the image of God") of this practice are quite illuminating.

• Like 1

Sorry about no reply 's I'm new here so I think I have a restriction on posting atm haha.

Yet even that has wisdom of listening mashallah huwa huuu.

Edited by Wytfang

@Wuschel 

Thanks for your interest my spirit friend.

The qalb meditation or focusing in on the middle Dantien, brings harmony through out our energy system according to my tradition.

It's main purpose is meeting of heaven and earth in the centre of man this balances out many blockages upper and lower.

You may have seen many people say I feel disconnected from society, I sun gaze a lot on my third eye etc and don't feel connected to physical life maybe relationships or even 3d material, physical items. Some people who focus to much on the lower Dantien may have too much energy or become overburdened by strong emotions, sexual, excitement, loss and gain etc.

Therefore the heart area is the best place for focusing for "balance" although there's many advantages of focusing on other powerpoints/Dantiens.

Focusing on the heart brings a golden light and radiates outwards towards the edges of the body out through every meridian.

• Like 2

@Cheshire Cat

Thanks for your interest regarding the outer walls of my way.

I don't wish to label myself under a specific order although I have more than one lineage running through me, I'm not interested in showing labels and boxes I like essence and true sufism moves through the heart of every way.

Prophet muhammad peace be upon him endlessly is the centre for sufism, also jesus, moses and most prophets on the spirit side of things this is what we call daira/inner circle of prophets they have their own meetings regarding our alams/world's. 

When I say world's that's beyond our dimensions also and other universes etc etc.

There are many sufis who don't follow any prophets and those who do, in my tradition he is the head along side Buddha and jesus.

I'm not sure what else to say really haha. But one thing is for sure prophet muhammad is a huge enlightened master all governance within heavenly gatherings belongs to him.

But my main duty here is to be a bridge not say who's higher or lower in the spirit world's. Everyone has their own unique adventure so please forgive me if I've offended any of my brothers here. *bow*

The holy quran has 7 layers to it the first layer tells story's of history so we don't make the same mistakes, after that it goes beyond which isn't supposed to be discussed unless your under guidance to do so, so I'll respect those in authority over me and back off haha. 40 chapters were given by god, 30 were given to mankind/jinnkind and the last 10 were divided 5 to the five highest ranking prophets and 5 to awliyaallah/sages/saints/enlightened masters.

Other holy books we have too many to name some that I would look into is ibn Arabis work he was a Spanish sufi master and surhawardi who talked a lot about inner illumination you can find books in English.

Edited by Wytfang
  • Like 1

@Jeff

Wow awesome, I really like Christian mysticism especially the old seclusion methods very amazing work.

Although it's hard to find now I'm afraid, our master jesus did leave behind 5 main schools and only one truly kept going through the essenes and their practises. That tap has almost dried up.

• Like 1