yuuichi

Are enlightened people impotent?

On 16/12/2018 at 4:09 AM, lifeforce said:

Funnily enough, when I used to practice meditation at a Thai Forest monastery, the monks looked gaunt and weak. I decided soon after that this wasn't a path I wished to pursue.

Those monks should have quickly changed method rather than focusing on one man's path, the Buddha. What suits him/me is not necessarily good for you.

You were smart to know that path isn't good for you. I felt the same. Too static, doesn't acknowledge the Body and ignores any Mind-Body blocks, ignores the deep and complex mechanics of the Yin & Yang.

The Bagua path is the one that has done wonders for me and still does, it never ends actually, Whete is the end really when we are endless beings :)

Xingyi + the Sufi is yours isn't it?

Remember these wonderful words by Rumi?

"There are as many paths to 'God' as there are souls on Earth."

It is unfortunate Sufism hardly gets any recognition in this forum. 

:)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Nungali said:

Maybe its like in the hare  Krishna movement ......   they beam about  and even seem , somehow, proud of , the story about Krishna dorking a hundred milkmaids  ...... but not THEM , they are not supposed to have sex ,  just admire their supposed emulant for having sex.

This is a good point. The hare Krishna devotees follow the philosophy of theistic vedanta which is not as cool as advaita vedanta and therefore less known. 

Rather than taking Krishna as an example ( like the Christians do with Jesus who shared a dogmatic fully human nature), they consider themselves like the gopi (milkmaids) who's sole purpose in life is to convince God to have metaphorical sex with them... 

In tantric Buddhism, there's a peculiar component that it's called taking the form of the deity... that could be traced all the way back to a form of spirit possession. Actually, in many forms of tantric Buddhism, it is still spirit possession. 

Those enlightened deities have sexual attributes and a lot of pictures seem to emphasize the fact they are sexually active. 

49 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Heretic Islam still needs to be recognized as Islam. 

Better not to talk too much about it... 

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Xingyi + the Sufi is yours isn't it?

Xingyi + Sufism + Daoism.

My Sufi sheikh encourages us not to read any books/websites on Sufism. Just practice the meditation, every day.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, yuuichi said:

There aren’t a lot of sources saying whether or not a enlightened person is impotent (unable to have sex).

“I gained nothing at all from Supreme Enlightenment, and for that very reason it is called Supreme Enlightenment.” ~ Gautama Buddha

Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, cry when you are sad, and have a great roll in the hay with the person you love when you are horny.  

Over thinking does nothing. go sit. good luck

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zen Pig said:

“I gained nothing at all from Supreme Enlightenment, and for that very reason it is called Supreme Enlightenment.” ~ Gautama Buddha

Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, cry when you are sad, and have a great roll in the hay with the person you love when you are horny.  

Over thinking does nothing. go sit. good luck

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, Nungali said:

* its the whole point of being here in the first place , isnt it ?   (unless one has some gnostical '  fall of man' type concept )

This is an assumption that there is a point. 

• Thanks 1

There is a householder path, which entails different duties, having family, wife and kids is inseparable with sexual life, no? I assume that for this role one has to be very potent, not other way around. 

1 hour ago, Kubba said:

There is a householder path, which entails different duties, having family, wife and kids is inseparable with sexual life, no? I assume that for this role one has to be very potent, not other way around. 

For sure there is a householder path, and sexuality is definitely a part of it. Generally though the understanding is that if one becomes a fully enlightened arahant they either leave the family life and become a monk or die within a week or so.  

20 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

@Everything I am impressed with your knowledge:

"And, when that state is achieved, and  the body feels that way,  THEN a higher function of sex CAN be experienced."

NO Touching-or-NO magic-huh':huh:'

Hmmmm .....  impressed with Everything's  knowledge but then quotes what I said .

.....  just as well he is only    ' passing by '  .

regarding the last comment    , magically  (or 'tantrically', if one prefers )   one can feel the touching when there is no touching .

(I'll let you try to work that one out yourself )

image.png.77f702b031c0fdc70063394033a29768.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

For sure there is a householder path, and sexuality is definitely a part of it. Generally though the understanding is that if one becomes a fully enlightened arahant they either leave the family life and become a monk or die within a week or so.  

I’ve heard that too, it could be a limited understanding or a bs.

There are 2 ways one can go, either to renounce the world and family or to have one and be a householder.

what I meant is tht in Tantric traditions, all those famous teachers had wifes. There are even perspectives that it is our duty to have family.

True is also that I’ve heard from an enlightened Teacher that „for an enlightened one there is no more sex”. But I don’t know wheter it was a metaphore or literal.

11 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

This is a good point. The hare Krishna devotees follow the philosophy of theistic vedanta which is not as cool as advaita vedanta and therefore less known. 

Rather than taking Krishna as an example ( like the Christians do with Jesus who shared a dogmatic fully human nature), they consider themselves like the gopi (milkmaids) who's sole purpose in life is to convince God to have metaphorical sex with them... 

In tantric Buddhism, there's a peculiar component that it's called taking the form of the deity... that could be traced all the way back to a form of spirit possession. Actually, in many forms of tantric Buddhism, it is still spirit possession. 

Those enlightened deities have sexual attributes and a lot of pictures seem to emphasize the fact they are sexually active. 

In western magical tradition,  this is known as the most dangerous path.  Its very effective though.   It goes through many practices from the 'assumption of God forms' through to full blown 'deity worship' .  The danger is , one has to fully throw themselves into it and believe it  ..... while still being in control and not becoming a 'full blown' devotee .Not being  into it deep enough, it won't work. getting in too deep and you can can get lost in it .

I have found it very effective, but always been on the  'in control' side of things .... I guess I am more of a magician than a devotee or acolyte   ;)

https://sacred-texts.com/oto/lib175.htm

6 hours ago, dmattwads said:

This is an assumption that there is a point. 

and the view there is no point is also an assumption .

Edited by Nungali

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

and the view there is no point is also an assumption .

true, true

9 hours ago, Nungali said:

(...) 

I have found it very effective, but always been on the  'in control' side of things .... I guess I am more of a magician than a devotee or acolyte   ;)

https://sacred-texts.com/oto/lib175.htm

Yes, I've heard people talking of tantric deity practice as a form of controlled spirit possession in which the personality of the practitioner changes slowly over the years. Before manifesting actual magical powers, one needs to practice consistently every day for months or years. 

In certain occasions, it's necessary for the act to acquire the typical traits of traditional shamanic possessions, such as in public healing rituals, etc... 

Generally, nothing dramatic happens and one has plenty of time to discontinue the process. 

The practice introduce the concept of cultivation of magical powers through a sustained effort on a disciplined ritualistic path in which visualization, intent, concentration and trance states are simultaneously cultivated from day one to the days of death. 

Daily practice has a critical role. 

The devotion segments of the mind are naturally cultivated. You end up believing it deeply after some time. No escapes. 

Generally, tantric practitioners balance themselves by adding more deities to their personal practice. 

It's an highly effective approach and tantric magicians tend to be quite powerful, but it's really too demanding for people like me. 

this guru accused of forcefully ejaculating into another person - he first tried to claim it was impossible since he was impotent.

Then he switched to the claim that it was consensual - and now he's hiding.