liminal_luke

Kunlun Hawaii

My apoligies for contributing to the needless kunlunization of the taobums community, but I just have to ask--is anybody else planning on going to the March Kunlun workshop in Hawaii? This one sounds special as there is a one day workshop on "Kunlun medicine" being given the day after the workshop. Normally nothing could tear me away from Portland's dreary winter drizzle, but this just sounds too good. If anyone wanted to save money by sharing a hotel room with me we should talk. :)

Thanks,

Liminal

My apoligies for contributing to the needless kunlunization of the taobums community, but I just have to ask--is anybody else planning on going to the March Kunlun workshop in Hawaii? This one sounds special as there is a one day workshop on "Kunlun medicine" being given the day after the workshop. Normally nothing could tear me away from Portland's dreary winter drizzle, but this just sounds too good. If anyone wanted to save money by sharing a hotel room with me we should talk. :)

Thanks,

Liminal

I am going and was going to just rent a car and sleep in it but if you are going as well and find something somewhat cheap I'm in. Its kinda late right now and I got school tomorrow so got to go to bed. get back to me.

At 11:30 that morning, Orgen Thinley came to the grounds and ascended the throne in and elaborate procession with costumes, musical instruments, yellow silk umbrellas, etc. Monks lead the public in the mandala offering, after which Orgen Thinley started the initiation. As he was conducting the initiation, a very unusual strong blue whirlwind blew from the south and greatly disturbed the area. The public covered their heads and remained.

Then a stronger wind with red dust blew in. As the wind continued the dust turned black and everyone including the Karmapa ran away. There was a panic, and the police had to shoot their guns in the air to disperse the crowd. The wind blew for the entire day and Orgen Thinley could not continue the initiation

THis is what happened in taos when we finished up except for the cops shooting into the crowds.

The whirlwind then the wind rush......

I am going and was going to just rent a car and sleep in it but if you are going as well and find something somewhat cheap I'm in. Its kinda late right now and I got school tomorrow so got to go to bed. get back to me.

Ye lost me! What?