wandelaar

Taoist meditation

23 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Einstein has also written a lot, so it shouldn't be difficult to mention

My comment was not about Einstein in specific. I did not get it from "New Age" web site(s).

My comment, and others, are about Matter and Energy and the asymmetry of YinYang, and how this Matter and Energy thing is related to electron spin, which is related to quaternions, which is related to Matter/Anti-Matter, which is related to the Taoist concepts of WuJi and TaiJi and the emergence of the Manifested  Physical Universe.

I don't care if Colonel Sanders made the statement in quote. Einstein talks about Matter and Energy in the video, and so does the quote also about Matter and Energy.

The understanding of Taoism is more important. YinYang philosophy is what I know well and study since I was a child, and I am trying to find ways to explain and apply it in modern terms. I spent a long time never mentioning it. Maybe almost 40 years.

VIYY has made some interesting researches and mental connections that he has posted. I am trying to see if what I know fits with this and other things.

I would like to explain things that have not been explained correctly.

And to explain things I know more efficiently.

And for everyone to have the most Fun and Learning, which I enjoy very much too.

I appreciate your concern for Master Einstein.

But he is not the focus in my comment.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

I will no longer bother you about factual matters.

That is okay, as earlier I had written:

"Qi is just the movement between the poles of any polarity. Like heat, electricity, etc.. It is not any substance, mystical or otherwise, and not any more of an " (sub)culturally induced experience" than Hot/Cold, Wet/Dry, Active/Inactive, etc. -- Turn on any faucet - you found Qi. Get up in the morning - you found Qi. Inhale and Exhale - you found Qi."

And you replied:

"You may be right or you may be wrong. At this point I am not able to tell what's the case"

Which is okay. 

But these are just obvious facts.

How is Einstein made a quote exactly or not a more important fact than those?

How can that even be more understandable than the simple fact of: "Inhale and Exhale - you found Qi."?

-VonKrankenhaus

31 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

I am afraid people try to explain some of the body's reactions to awareness and so they create all these metaphors like "opening chakras". You will not find answers in these metaphors if you treat them like real things but you will not undersatnd the metaphors either until you practice placidity.

I like the way you phrase this. It is a point that is hard to get across. We create phrases and metaphores so we can have a way of refering to something during discussion. But, as you say, we mistake the phrases and metaphores for the real thing. They easily become the object of our focus and our practice and, as such, we miss the mark. 

I think this is an effect of how the mind works. Hence, your references to knowledge. The way the mind operates is through distinguishing/differentiating what comes in through sensory input ... the mind creates knowledge, so to speak. The more input, the more knowledge accumulates and the more the discriminating mind has to work with. Now, this is not a bad thing. It is largely how we are able to navigate and cope with the physical world.

But the are other things ... states of being ... that can be pursued and accessed. To do that, the discriminating mind has to be put aside ... temporarily shut down ... to access these things. To do that means to transition our being to a state of placidity ... tranquility ... calmness ... relaxedness ... emptiness ... reduce knowledge ... (More words!) ... enough so that these things we might pursue can be accessed.

This is what I am getting from your comments and it is meshing with what I am currently studying and my own understanding. 

This is a worthwhile understanding.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

If you want to talk more about what awareness and mediation metaphors maybe open a new thread?

Yes - I want to talk about what you are saying. But we've got to have a decent and clear openings post to limit what the new topic is to be about. Do you think the following is appropriate?

Are chi, meridians, chakras, etc. just metaphors for experiences that are not to be understood as physical realities?

30 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Are chi, meridians, chakras, etc. just metaphors for experiences that are not to be understood as physical realities?

It will help if someone or anyone in the discussion would take the time to study these things such as "Qi" and "Meridians" before answering that.

This means, for those terms, study of traditional TaiJi philosophy and Medicine in a traditional context.

Otherwise, why just guess? 

Even if you see "answers" - how will anyone recognize them?

Examples of Qi are all around, all the time - but can't see them?

Common battery in a flashlight is showing you Qi. 

-VonKrankenhaus

@ Song of the Dao

This is opening a whole lot of other issues! I like to discuss one thing at a time. Now the Paradoxes of Zeno were what got me interested in philosophy. I did some study about that as a student, so maybe we could open a topic about those paradoxes to discuss whether or not they are solved by modern science? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Yes - I want to talk about what you are saying. But we've got to have a decent and clear openings post to limit what the new topic is to be about. Do you think the following is appropriate?

I'd say yes, but overly philosophizing and theorizing can separate us from the physical reality.   Historically many teachers wouldn't talk about it for fear of promoting long cycles of speculation instead of practice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thelerner said:

I'd say yes, but overly philosophizing and theorizing can separate us from the physical reality.   Historically many teachers wouldn't talk about it for fear of promoting long cycles of speculation instead of practice. 

It will have to wait for a while... ;)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Hazaa! Yes, let’s start there, zeno’s paradox and reality.

See you there! 

3 hours ago, Song of the Dao said:

We have been taught that evidence is more important than insight. Just the way it is for now.

You are writing this about a battery in a flashlight.

Not sure how a battery works?

Or a simple electric circuit, like a flashlight?

-VonKrankenhaus