3bob

what does the transcendent desire?

What does the transcendent desire?  - apparently  manifestation?  Yet if nothing is gained and nothing is lost then why veiling and then unveiling?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 3bob said:

What does the transcendent desire?  - apparently  manifestation?  Yet if nothing is gained and nothing is lost then why veiling and then unveiling?

What can that, which is complete and free desire? Veiling and unveiling only appear to be. 

• Thanks 2

Veiling and unveiling is only something that humans are experiencing because they are at a crossing point between two worlds.

Existence lives through its beings.

So the better question is what does my transcendent desire, and how can I find my transcendent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3bob said:

Whatever they want.

39 minutes ago, dwai said:

What can that, which is complete and free desire? Veiling and unveiling only appear to be. 

Shakti is not suppressed, Om is not suppressed, Yantra is not suppressed, thus flowing in divine desire and dance which is not suppressed. 

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Veiling and unveiling is only something that humans are experiencing because they are at a crossing point between two worlds.

Existence lives through its beings.

So the better question is what does my transcendent desire, and how can I find my transcendent.

in realization a "my" transcendent is no different from the transcendent...

in Taoist terms why would the great Tao desire to give birth to "The One", then on to "The Two", "The Three" and "Ten Thousand",  none of which I believe  are described as only apparent.

34 minutes ago, 3bob said:

they?

Whoops, I thought you were talking about 仙 xiān, which some translate as "transcendents"...this topic popped up on the main page and I didn't see it was from the Hindu subforum.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 3bob said:

For us to eat from the second tree in the garden? For us to become like the Gods? Perhaps we're just unfinished projects, high in mental abilities but under-developed in the emotional/sensory side which is limiting further evolution.

Edited by Bindi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 3bob said:

Shakti is not suppressed, Om is not suppressed, Yantra is not suppressed, thus flowing in divine desire and dance which is not suppressed. 

Maybe joy instead of desire? :) 

• Like 1

depending on the school "desire"  sometimes has the connotation of a four letter word...anyway could we say compassion has the built in desire and nature to be compassionate  and joy has the built in desire and nature to be joyous?  And along those lines that the transcendent has the built in desire and nature to manifest both.... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 3bob said:

in realization a "my" transcendent is no different from the transcendent...

When you experience the Source it may as well be the whole world  to you as nothing exists outside you, but ... it is not actually the whole world and it is important to understand that you are an individuated being who is forming a communion that is individuated from the whole, it is in fact the "real" person.

Unfortunately through being a species quite low on the ladder of consciousness, many awakened people have spread ideas that they are god and they are everything ... or they never existed  ... such ideas inevitably degenerate into ...."oh so there is nothing to do then" "nobody to do any meditation".   

Which then becomes harmful.   There is certainly plenty to do and only by doing it will the magic happen.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

Rideforever,  That sounds like a mountain size  chip on the shoulder, and quasi-4th way stuff,  thanks but not interested.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, 3bob said:

Rideforever,  That sounds like a mountain size  chip on the shoulder, quasi-4th way mash-up,  thanks but not interested.

So who cares what interests you.

I am interested only in understanding correctly and not being another foolish monkey destroying himself and everything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

So who cares what interests you.

I am interested only in understanding correctly and not being another foolish monkey destroying himself and everything else.

then start your own thread and chip away there.... obviously

there is the saying in Buddhism that,  "samsara properly understood is nirvana" which to me does not sound like any form of denial of samsara...

so (it seems) in one Advaita related  way could we say,  the unreal when properly understood is enlightenment. ?

Edited by 3bob

21 hours ago, 3bob said:

For the fun of it. Or maybe there is actually something to be gained... Let's call it the next level of transcendence.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

For the fun of it. Or maybe there is actually something to be gained... Let's call it the next level of transcendence.

fun as in the Bible with the "vanity of vanities" madness and or "why hast thou forsaken me" of visceral and heart shredding doubt?  

Edited by 3bob
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

a cup of tea.

righto, except it will have to incarnate before being able to sip same ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 3bob said:

fun as in the Bible with the "vanity of vanities" madness and or "why hast thou forsaken me" of visceral and heart shredding doubt?  

Hmm yes, that seems like a valid objection. That's why I favour my second proposal.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 3bob said:

righto, except it will have to incarnate before being able to sip same ;)

Yeah, that's where the problems start...

Edited by Michael Sternbach

34 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Yeah, that's where the problems start...

maybe unless we go with the sipper of sipper?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, 3bob said:

Maybe I should rather say, for the adventure of it. And there is generally indeed something to be gained from the latter in the end (a treasure trove... some phenomenal insight... you name it...).