Scott Joly

new student

My spiritual journey started with a profound love for trail running, and during my runs I could find a place of deep connection to the world, and real transcendence of the ego. I was for a long time, a strict materialist, and accounted for the experience with ideas of hormones and neurotransmitters, but have come to appreciate that there's a deeper truth, and that I was able to touch in a small way something more universal.

Ayahuasca ceremony helped lead me to a place of more formal commitment to the path, and now I'm in school for psychology, as well as studying religion, and having a spiritual practice. I find a lot of relief in being  a student, as in much of my life before I had placed on myself an expectation of leadership. I find I'm still a bit unfocused, not sure on the right practice, the right priorities, the right action. Right now I feel the need for guidance, and so I find myself on this forum, to hopefully find some truth in the conversations.

• Like 2

Hello, Scott Joly, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Scott,

Welcome. Great introduction. I look forward to seeing you around. 😊

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin