Sign in to follow this  
2ndchance

How to develop mindfulness awareness of energy body?

Hello, I like to ask about how to develop mindfulness awareness of my energy body? Because my heart and my back are giving me energetic problems. There are pressure stresses on my heart and my back which cause me to lose sleep at night.

Please advise me.

• Like 1

Hello, 2ndChance, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi 2ndchance ,

Welcome. Have you done any kind of meditation practice before? I’m sure someone can help. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

12 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

Hello, I like to ask about how to develop mindfulness awareness of my energy body? Because my heart and my back are giving me energetic problems. There are pressure stresses on my heart and my back which cause me to lose sleep at night.

Please advise me.

Things that are simple, are often not easy, but here's a solid practice that's both, easy and simple.  All you have to do is relax and listen.  The first guided meditation I have is from Barry Long.  It focuses on relaxation of mind and body, physically then mentally.  It goes on to open the heart and into a metta of forgiveness and acceptance.  It could be just what you need.  Or maybe one of other guided meditations in the greater thread.  Ultimately these are crutches that will have to be given up, but often they are just what is needed for a while.

On 12/22/2017 at 2:18 PM, thelerner said:

There are some excellent guided meditations around.  I was thinking we could listen to them once a day for a week, and record what we find.  What feelings, benefits and learning they might give us.  I'm proposing we start one this Monday, Dec 25th, and listen to the recording here preferably each day for a week and write down our observations.  

For the first one I present Barry Long, a mystic, perhaps best known as a major influence behind Eckhardt Tolle.   Long has a soothing voice, with straight forward methods of removing thoughts.  This meditation is from a youtube video Start Meditating Now by Barry Long, originally 36.51 minutes, after listening once or twice, feel free to fast forward to 6:24 minutes (or 10:24) depending on how much pre-instruction you want.   You can listen at your computer or transfer it to an MP3 player to listen to in bed or during meditation. 

I encourage people to give this a try.  This is a great experiential meditation, with imo important lessons.  Like many mystics, Long sees thoughts as addictions, once we get away from habitual 'junk' thoughts, we get more instep with reality.    Generally a good thing.

Meditation_guided_Barry_Long_1.mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB_S4jLJ3KI&list=PLmOtSswGcXa4bmB2BiYbZMsO0CM9w_OsY

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Get into the habit of paying attention. Listen to your body. Listen to your mind. Listen to the wind, and to the light, and to the cold. It's so easy to cruise through the day on autopilot. Remember to stop and return. Don't focus on your energetic body specifically. Instead, just pay attention.

• Like 4

I think starting with relaxation, then proceeding to relaxed meditation could help you a lot. Also maybe start doing zhan zhuang and some easy qigong movements.
The pressure in the chest area are pointing towards sth Tibetans call lung disorder. It basically means you are overcharged and your energy is running wild. You have to relax, eat some heavy foods, like pork or beef and it is also good to have a black beer or very good old wine or old whiskey. But ofc just a little bit. It is also good to laugh, so watch a good comedy movie or read jokes or sth.

This article could help you.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2018 at 3:45 AM, 2ndchance said:

Please advise me.

The easiest way is to watch your breath.

let your sense of ” I “become a swinging door.

When you breath in the door swings one way when you breath out the other.

You have no choice but to breath so as long as you will live this will remain with you reliable till the end.

While watching your breathing pay attention to the field 4 finger widths below the navel. Put a little tension there. Do Not try to locate a specific point rather let the feeling remain unfocused and take its own form as a field not a point. Breath from there, feel from there, hear from there, think from there, be from there in each moment as much as you can.

At first you will will probably need to either sit on a chair but before long you can do this anywhere and everywhere.

Try to do this for only one minute at first and gradually do more as it feels comfortable and watch yourself.

When a stray thought or feeling comes ask your self hey (whatever your name is) Hey Jeff where are you , then answer yourself here I am, or I’m right here.

Better do it mentally around others, it can be fun to say out loud when no one else is around.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 1:45 AM, 2ndchance said:

how to develop mindfulness awareness of my energy body? Because my heart and my back are giving me energetic problems. There are pressure stresses on my heart and my back which cause me to lose sleep at night.

Looks like you got some real good advice here.  All I would add is don't over think it.  The very thing that wants to be mindful, that wants to change things, etc, is the very thing keeping you from seeing what is happening right now.  In Zen they say to "Sit to Just Sit, without trying to do anything, or accomplish anything".  This concept is so difficult because it is so simple. Our thinking mind wants to make life complicated. life is so simple, we miss most of it. good luck

• Like 2

The energy bodies will become familiar and interestingly they generate mindfulness and presence with some very simple guidelines.

And as you become aware - utilize the awareness - this will take you out of the trance of mind and beyond the mundane physical to a much more visceral exchange with the Light in everything and all.

Breath into the abdomen - below the navel about 1.5”- 2” and in a bit.

Do this always.

Be aware of the soles of the feet, the air coming in your nostrils - and a great deal will follow from just this.

Breathing into the abdomen is a great way to constantly cleanse your awareness of the edges of frequencies and wilfulness. Mind will have less hold on you and trancing away the day.

Awareness of the air coming through the nostrils will lightly cool the bottoms of the eyes and resonate ever so slightly in the cheeks and ear canals. 

Reside in the center of your head - not forward in the brow area which is also the analyzing zone. This will allow for clearer perception and forgo head pressures that are unnecessary.

Breathing in and out through both nostrils will also show you where the center resides - is it is in the middle of the air channels running from the nose back.

Reside also in the abdomen - it is the great root of your subtle bodies - from there it is best to expand.

The Root, The Heart and the Head - not one is greater than the other. To believe otherwise is to be seduced by premature assumption.

A long Cold shower at the end of a shower here and there is a great way the clean house.

Fasting is excellent.

Finer less heavy foods or vegan is extremely helpful.

The energy bodies can easily become far more real and many times stronger and more real than the gross physical. They are inherently possessed of far greater abilities- and bring the gross physical into existence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2018 at 2:45 AM, 2ndchance said:

Please advise me.

Your energy body is opening at the heart.  You are both now transmitting and receiving energy at that level. It is harder at night because as your mind quiets you are able to notice the energy flows better. The pressure stresses on your heart are actually you subconsciously trying to open your heart more.  While it can probably seem disconcerting, it is all really good stuff happening. The next step of more awareness of your energy body, is beginning to realize sort of the male and female sides (or channels) of the flow.  For you now that would be what you are feeling as the front and back differences. 

• Like 2

On 12/13/2018 at 8:45 AM, 2ndchance said:

Please advise me.

If you are in pain see a doctor.

Otherwise you could try this if you like.

Lie on your back in bed.  Breath naturally.  Focus your attention lightly on each part of your body in turn as follows:  scalp, face, neck, shoulders, upper arms, lower arms, hands, upper back, middle back, lower back, chest, abdomen, upper legs, lower legs, feet - in each case for at least three breaths say to yourself on out-breath tension is being released.  Don't worry if specific tension isn't released at first as tension often arises from a different place from where it is felt.

Then focus lightly on energy body like a cocoon around physical body - don't worry if you can't feel it, you will after a while.  On out-breath imagine energy body expanding and then releasing on in-breath - as if you are gently blowing up a giant balloon around you.  Do this for a few minutes.  Then try to feel that physical tension is being taken up by energy body and eased/balanced by it.  Don't focus too much but just let yourself float in this feeling for as long as feels comfortable.

Hope this makes sense :)

Edited by Apech
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this