Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

Karma/Kidney connection

This is a theory I have come up with on my own based upon my knowledge of TCM and my personal experiences with Karma clearing practices such as the Zhunti mantra.

My theory is that inherited karma is stored in the Kidney meridian system. This is partially based upon the Kidney's being the repository of Jing or the inherited essence from one's parents. It is further reinforced by the experience of either me or a few other people that I know having to urinate very frequently when doing karma clearing practices such as the zhunti mantra which is a mantra that is supposed to be specifically for this purpose. I have also noticed this happening when practicing a lot of mindfulness meditation which is another practice that is effective at resolving old karma.

I would be curious if anyone else has had similar experiences.

• Like 2

I’ve noticed the importance of drinking a lot of water when clearing. Not sure why, but I suppose as one flushes our spiritual junk, it also clears the body on some level too. 

Cool theory. 

• Like 1

curious topic.   myself, I jumped to the idea of the MDT as that is where unprocessed (3rd chakra) and processed emotions (4th charka) reside.  I'd maybe sit and reside and see what connects.  which organ or chakra?  That will likely not be the complete answer. 

As I type this, left side of my 3rd is getting tweaked.  Direct realization is helpful.   So sitting and residing may help that. 

11 hours ago, dawei said:

curious topic.   myself, I jumped to the idea of the MDT as that is where unprocessed (3rd chakra) and processed emotions (4th charka) reside.  I'd maybe sit and reside and see what connects.  which organ or chakra?  That will likely not be the complete answer. 

As I type this, left side of my 3rd is getting tweaked.  Direct realization is helpful.   So sitting and residing may help that. 

Interesting. Something I hadn't thought about until you mentioned it was that while playing Zhunti mantra in the back ground I like to do a lot of mindfulness meditation due to how much stuff Zhunti brings up. That being said, I tend to focus on my breath where ever I feel it the most and while playing Zhunti I feel my breath the most in my chest and solar plexus area.

6 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequent_urination

According to various self-help medical sources, it's probably a symptom of inflammation in the urinary tract. 

It's common for meditators of the chakras/Kundalini styles. 

Did you mean frequent urination is common or inflammation of the urinary tract Is common?

5 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Did you mean frequent urination is common or inflammation of the urinary tract Is common?

Frequent urination appears at a certain stage of the cultivation practice. It' ll pass by itself (as a symptom. Probably evolving into something more subtle to detect) , but I'm not aware of anyone who actually investigated the causes. Before talking about karma, I think it's better to consult a physician. 

1 hour ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Frequent urination appears at a certain stage of the cultivation practice. It' ll pass by itself (as a symptom. Probably evolving into something more subtle to detect) , but I'm not aware of anyone who actually investigated the causes. Before talking about karma, I think it's better to consult a physician. 

I would agree in general it might be good to get a doctor to rule out anything more serious, but the reason I am not concerned with it being a health problem is because I have noticed a definite correlation between intensive zhunti mantra practice and frequent urination in both myself and others over the past several years to repeatable to be a coincidence. Additionally I am a health care provider.

Edited by dmattwads

On 12/11/2018 at 4:30 PM, dmattwads said:

This is a theory I have come up with on my own based upon my knowledge of TCM and my personal experiences with Karma clearing practices such as the Zhunti mantra.

My theory is that inherited karma is stored in the Kidney meridian system. This is partially based upon the Kidney's being the repository of Jing or the inherited essence from one's parents. It is further reinforced by the experience of either me or a few other people that I know having to urinate very frequently when doing karma clearing practices such as the zhunti mantra which is a mantra that is supposed to be specifically for this purpose. I have also noticed this happening when practicing a lot of mindfulness meditation which is another practice that is effective at resolving old karma.

I would be curious if anyone else has had similar experiences.

In one part of the practice of Sherap Chamma five major organs are focused on because they tend to hold emotional energies and subconcious patterns. The kidneys are one of the areas of focus. And the method is mantra based. 

For me personally, there is a need to increase fluid intake in relation to certain practices. 

• Like 1

Open your Heart...and la, la, la, la, la...voila! You'll be free and openly connected to EVERYTHING forever!

Love, love, love...didn't The Beatles sang this once.

...and way before them the Sufis, Christian Mystics and Metta practice in Buddhism. Metta is way more powerful for clearing karma than any other mantras.

Accustom yourself continually to make many acts of love, for they enkindle and melt the soul (St. Teresa of Avila)

Be gentle to all and stern with yourself (St. Teresa of Avila)

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it (Rumi)

And this one quote sums everything up:

Love is the bridge between you and everything (Rumi)

Smile as often as you can dear friend. 

:)

Note: I wouldn't worry about the Kidney too much. You are still young and even old if your Heart is fully open who cares about it! 

Edited by Gerard

On 12/14/2018 at 4:40 AM, Gerard said:

Note: I wouldn't worry about the Kidney too much. You are still young and even old if your Heart is fully open who cares about it! 

It came across as more curiosity to me than worry. And it is an interesting topic imo.

:smiling at all your love:

10 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

It came across as more curiosity to me than worry. And it is an interesting topic imo.

:smiling at all your love:

That's exactly what I was going to say lol ! :-)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this