yuuichi

How to retain as much qi as possible in the body?

5 hours ago, Nintendao said:

I dont know if this is the same one, but i freaking love this movie!

WOW - thank you so much!

I just realized - the teacher is calling him a shit-head - cause he teaches him to wipe his head with the toilet paper. Hilarious.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nintendao said:

I dont know if this is the same one, but i freaking love this movie!

yes this is PRECISELY what I was remembering! that is awesome!!

15 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

yes this is PRECISELY what I was remembering! that is awesome!!

That's great!! Samo Hung is outrageous as always, but the Lam Ching Ying scenes contain some pretty bona fide Wing Chun ✿

Also I’ve been doing horse stance for 10 minutes now (I can do proper horse stance for a minute. Then I have a rest, then another minute). But apart from my legs being sore, nothing else has happened. When do I do the Quick Fire breathing?

3 hours ago, yuuichi said:

Also I’ve been doing horse stance for 10 minutes now (I can do proper horse stance for a minute. Then I have a rest, then another minute). But apart from my legs being sore, nothing else has happened. When do I do the Quick Fire breathing?

https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/08/drive-spirit-fire-under-water-as-is.html

Drive Spirit (fire) under the Water as Quick Fire: no it is not "just" sublimation? No it is also purification (down the front back to the lower tan t'ien).

read for details

6 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/08/drive-spirit-fire-under-water-as-is.html

Drive Spirit (fire) under the Water as Quick Fire: no it is not "just" sublimation? No it is also purification (down the front back to the lower tan t'ien).

read for details

Ok I read it thank you but I don’t want to do Neidan. I just want to be celibate so I can build up my qi. So you are saying to do the quick fire breathing before horse stance, right? 

Edited by yuuichi

When we destroy the boundary between inside and outside we can increase and create Qi.  When the body and mind suffer, we decrease the quality and quantity of Qi.  When you enter the zone, you increase the quality and quantity of Qi, of Yuan Qi or pre-heaven Qi.  Zhen Qi or post-heaven Qi, decides the quality of daily life.  It moves in the organs and in the meridians or Qi channels.  

Regulation of the body means the physical exercise  requires correct physical form; centering, harmony, balance and grounding.  The structure has to be right so that the energy can flow: sink shoulders, bend knees, spread fingers, each part of the body in its proper form.  When you do the movements, turn your spirits inward and have the spirit do the work.

Go to your own mystical zone, merge into the body and forget about time and space and forget about everything else including rigid rules used against yourself.  Yin and yang, body and spirit together make the Tao, harmonic induction taking you into an indescribable zone.  Whatever quality or quantity of Qi you have can be used to merge into that zone.  Establish the special frequency between external and internal and just listen to your spirit and learn how to guide those energies.  

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, yuuichi said:

Ok I read it thank you but I don’t want to do Neidan. I just want to be celibate so I can build up my qi. So you are saying to do the quick fire breathing before horse stance, right? 

Maybe you should try getting a phone healing from qigong master Chunyi Lin or Jim Nance - http://springforestqigong.com or http://guidingqi.com as Chunyi teaches, "Use your consciousness to go into the Emptiness and keep it simple." This is actually Neidan!

So he does not teach any specific breathing technique other than mild reverse breathing. The teacher of Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality states the key is to synchronize the breathing - this is called Cardiorespiratory synchronization in Western science. So the "small universe" meditation is good for this. But the mind controls the breath. So as the Qi energy builds up in the body then physical breathing is not required as much - this is called "immortal breathing" or "embryonic" breathing - as "breathing through the heels."

So to build up the foundation - in horse stance - it is called "relaxed mindlessness" so that you breath through the heels. Ideally you want to be barefoot on the Earth when you do horse stance.

But you can also incorporate the yin-yang of the arms and lower and upper body as I mentioned via the "moving of yin and yang" exercise.

XY_SanTi-4a.jpg

Right hand for males is yin, upper body is yang. Left hand is yang, lower body is yin. Visualize the energy as dragon to tiger (right hand to left foot) and tiger to dragon (left hand to right foot).

90% of the collagen in the body is aligned vertically - so by making the thigh muscles sore with the knees bent then you get the piezoelectric build up. But to activate the Yuan Qi then you need the pineal gland and heart and lower tan t'ien activated.

http://www.ycgf.org/Articles/XY_SanTiShi/XY_SanTiShi.html

You can also do Santi Shi which resonates the Dragon-Tiger or yin-yang channels of the hands, and feet while standing. So in Santi Shi of Yiquan - you visualize the energy from the left hand to the right foot and right hand to the left foot. You can stand then with the legs bent - the knees.

So the length of time depends on how your mind perceives time. If your legs are bent more and the thigh muscles sore - then time will slow down as the adrenaline goes into your brain. This is called going into the "Zone." So external time slows down in perception as internal brain time increases due to increased adrenaline levels.

So as the right side vagus nerve is activated - this is ionized and causes the lower body serotonin to go into the brain - along with other neurotransmitters - like the Runner's High is from endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitters - like from eating chocolate. Anananda - is the name from the Indian yoga Bliss as heart love.

ts name comes from ananda, the Sanskrit word for "bliss. ... The endogenous cannabinoids anandamide

So the only way a qigong master can do horse stance nonstop for 2 hours - with thighs parallel to the ground - is because they have entered the immortal breathing or Embryonic breathing based on their Yuan Shen spirit being activated with their Yuan Jing being sublimated and the Yuan Shen descending - creating Yuan Qi as a non-local Earth-Moon-Sun harmonization energy (a standing Schumann resonance).

https://saed7e91c7a81c2ec.jimcontent.com/download/version/1453217396/module/2965239513/name/Your beliefs condition and qualify the space that surrounds you.doc

So read that download - you need to be swallowing the Amrita - after the cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the skull - and this is how your Yuan Qi is activated - from the descending of the Jing down the front after it has "copulated" with the Shen.

So the "small universe" meditation is Neidan - as it is qigong but actually it is from the original human culture - the San Bushmen - as to visualize fire at the base of the spine so the water boils into burning steam up into the brain as an electromagnetic force. This is actually an Electrogravitic force - meaning again your perception of Time will be subjective.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

Stop trying to hold on too hard to energy as if having more means your bank accout is stocked and you’re financially independent forever.

Any level of finance must be managed and maintained and this takes work.

Winter aint your season, take care of yourself accordingly, thats all. You’ll know what you can do 5-element wise from observing your patterns in winter, so observe and act genty, evaluate.

Don’t overdo stuff.

Also: proper horse stance is not different from horse stance and the time you should be able to keep it ought to be longer than any forced position.

Please do be mindful of spinal alignment, direction of feet and not bending the knees to a full 90 degrees with horse stance. Hipbone needs to be like level, imagine it as if it were a bowl full of water: dont tilt either way or you’ll spill.

Spine is erect, feet are parallel and your knees mustnt be over the line your toes draw, as in if you put your toes to the wall you should be able to do a correct horse stance without having your knees push hard against the wall.

Horse stance is great but done wrong means you’ll hurt yourself which is the exact opposite of the purpose of the exercise.

Done right you’ll feel supported by your bones and tendons aligning correctly and just standing there isn’t going to be painful or horrible. The trick is to actually relax into it.

Wether or not it gives you MORE qi of all things depends o where you’re at healthwise on most levels.

There are MANY types of horse stances. The one commonly refferred to as ”proper” can be called ”parallell horses riding stance” because you can immagine it as if you’re riding two horses that run parallell by having a foot on their backs. There’s Small Horse stance (sometimes known as cat stance), Horse stance (you look like someone teleported your horse away and you fall to the ground landing on your feet), Horse Hoof Stance (step over your foot and in landing you flick the previously load bearing foot to a kick and let the front end of your ”hoof” rest on the ground) which isn’t to be confused with Chinese Unicorn Stance and step (tooootally different so take care) and lots more. Horse Style in my book is stepping, certain types of kicks, some bodywork, some types of jumping (with or without kicks), spitting (yes, as in spit) as well as standing.

Parallell Horses Riding Stance needs you to be flexible and being able to adapt to the horses bobbing independently while staying on them. Any stiffness anywhere is going to end in a pretty bad fall. If you experience stiffness or tension during this stance you’re either still trying to learn it or doing it wrong by mistake or purpose. If you feel like one minute is a marathon you need to work on structure and breathing, you’ll find and develop ”sung” soon.

Standardized Wu-Shu stances are not good for your health, don’t learn those.

If it’s not obvious yet: i’m sort of passionate about stances and footwork overall since its basic skills that return any investment tenfold. Good energy economics is to take care of St Francis Horses, i.e. your feet/legs. Steady, supple and properly paced wins the race...

So either do good or no bou fa for you!

//StanceNazi

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for that post @Rocky Lionmouth, it isvery helpful to understand the stance. However unfortunately my knees point inward when my feet are straight so I keep my feet pointing outwards so I can keep my knees straight. This is ok still, right? I found also that my back curves really easily. My lower back learns forward and my upper back leans back. It’s hard to correct this. It’s also really tricky because while doing horse stance i’m doing reverse breathing and moving my hands up and down my body like the other poster recommended. I’m just doing this to maintain celibacy so I have to do everything together.

@voidisyinyang unfortunately I haven’t practiced the stance for a couple of days. My prostate area is a little sore because i’m practicing celibacy. Can the lecithin still be expelled from the prostate back into the blood or is there a time limit? Thank you.

Edited by yuuichi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yuuichi said:

T@Rocky Lionmouth

@voidisyinyang unfortunately I haven’t practiced the stance for a couple of days. My prostate area is a little sore because i’m practicing celibacy. Can the lecithin still be expelled from the prostate back into the blood or is there a time limit? Thank you.

Your subconscious mind produces the PROBLEM. If you produce the PROBLEM then you are not practicing celibacy. Celibacy means you are producing QI energy. Qi is not materialistic. So if your prostate is sore then you are not practicing celibacy.

What needs to be sore are your thigh muscles. Also you want to be flexing the perineum and sphincter - the Glute muscles. So standing with the thighs parallel to the ground - this will cause the energy to go up the spine.

As for your subconscious mind creating the PROBLEM - that is something you will have to fix on your own or else call to get phone healings from the qigong masters. But I can tell you that the qigong masters told me - first Chunyi told Jim and then Jim told me - don't watch T.V. and don't use the internet.

Sorry but advanced training goes against mundane materialistic society. similarly you have to make sure to clear out the colon - before sleep. So if you eat a lot of food then you have to do MORE horse stance or similar standing active exericses. If your mind is impure - then you have to do MORE standing active exercise to probably EXORCISE your low frequency spirit shen blockages.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, yuuichi said:

@voidisyinyang

why would I need to purify the mind if I can just do horse stance to release the lecithin back into the body from the prostate?

Physics has proven that all matter is from light only the light has "spacetime" - or relativistic mass.

The "mind" in non-western philosophy IS this "spacetime" mass - called "formless awareness."

Your question:

"Why would I"????

Why would I

Who asks that question when you are in deep dreamless sleep?

Or in other words...

Who are you NOT to meditate?

Your thoughts are NOT your real mind!

To "purify" your mind means to turn the light around so that the matter inside your body is transformed back to pure Spacetime as the Emptiness (the void that radiates light).

So there is Body, Mind, Spirit and Emptiness.

Everything is from the  Emptiness.

But the Emptiness is your real mind - when your light as spirit is turned back to its source.

This source can not be "seen" - it can only be LISTENED to as logical inference.

It is the source of the I-thought!!

"Why would I"

That is your answer!

Your question is the answer!

Why would I.

Why would I.

In your deep dreamless sleep - you never ask that question and yet you still "exist."

Your MIND is really not your thoughts. That is logically the truth.

You have Dreams but what is the source of your dreams?

When do your "dreams" become "real" (physically as matter?).

If you can not CONTROL your dreams - then you can not control your waking state either.

This is called the "Mind Only" school of Buddhism.

Yogachara - Wikipedia

Yogachara is an influential school of Buddhist philosophy and psychology emphasizing .... The standard translation of both terms is "consciousness-only" or "mind-only." Several modern researchers object to this translation, and the ...
Jan 27, 2017 - This volume discusses the views of the Mind Only school and was ... only was also present at the time of the eighteen original Buddhist schools.
Emptiness in the Mind-Only School of Buddhism Paperback – March 3, 2003. ... Dzong-ka-ba's (1357-1419) The Essence of Eloquence is the one book on wisdom that the Dalai Lama carries with him wherever he goes. ... In this first of a three-volume series, Jeffrey Hopkins focuses on how the ...
by W Lai - ‎1977 - ‎Cited by 12 - ‎Related articles
65 Modern Japanese Buddhologists, following a distinction that was evident already in the T'ang Buddhist circles, speak of a Mind-Only (Sanskrit: Cittamaatra) ...
Jan 5, 2000 - The Mind Only school and the Middle Way school are the philosophical backbone of the Mahayana tradition. There are several names by ...
Nov 26, 2018 - The Chittamatra (Skt. Cittamātra; Tib. སེམས་ཙམ་པ་, Semtsampa; Wyl. sems tsam pa) or 'Mind Only' School is a Mahayana school founded by ...
by J Hopkins - ‎Cited by 8 - ‎Related articles
Dzong-ka-ba's (1357-1419) The Essence of Eloquence is the one book on wisdom that the Dalai Lama carries with him wherever he goes. Composed by Tibet's ...
Mar 1, 2003 - ... by Charles Muller, an academic who specializes in Korean Buddhism. ... of existence is nothing but “mind-only” had an obvious influence on ...
Aug 19, 2018 - Vijnana is one of the three kinds of mind discussed in early Buddhist ... For this reason, Yogacara is sometimes called the "mind only" school.
Mar 15, 2014 - Mind Only School (sems tsam pa), Chittamatra. ... A Mahayana school of Buddhist philosophy propagated by the great master Asanga and his ...
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yuuichi said:

Thank you for that post @Rocky Lionmouth, it isvery helpful to understand the stance. However unfortunately my knees point inward when my feet are straight so I keep my feet pointing outwards so I can keep my knees straight. This is ok still, right? I found also that my back curves really easily. My lower back learns forward and my upper back leans back. It’s hard to correct this. It’s also really tricky because while doing horse stance i’m doing reverse breathing and moving my hands up and down my body like the other poster recommended. I’m just doing this to maintain celibacy so I have to do everything together.

My pleasure!

Knees pointing inward you say... hmm. How wide is your stance compared to your shoulder width? A common mistake is to be too wide or too narrow.

Ideally your knees should be slightly inside of your feet (in the vertical plane) when you enter this stance so that when you sit down they’re pushed out and end up more aligned, thats where you get part of the supporting structure.

The back thing is tough, hip-bowl tips forward so compensation happens. I suggest you stretch. Back of thighs, front of thigs, inner thigh, front of core.

Study your spine and hip-bowl in a Horse Rider Stance, you’ll surely find the relaxation points more easily.

Reverse breathing is of course all right but it should not matter if you’ve built up your Double Horse enough, it’ll come along nicely. Reverse breathing is easily forced and this causes a bazillion tensions that mess with your structure. Again, try a narrower and higher stance, find out where you loose your structure and practice from there.

Try natural abdominal breathing in the low stance and see if this helps your alignments.

I cant say i’ve practiced celibacy for more than a few days at a time so it’s hard to know what kind of consistent bumps show up.

I’d generally say that varying your exercises, studying sung relaxation consistently and the different components of your main exercise separately is a good way forward. As with most of this stuff, it’s important know what you’re looking for in your exercise, but the errors make it less effective for its purpose. The ”trick” is often to go easier on yourself in part at least.

• Thanks 1