rideforever

How Not To Be Negative

Really struggling with this today, do not want to generate any karma at all .... but finding it hard.

For instance going for a Shiatsu session on Thursday and I know the guy is going to give me the whole bloody "tell me your history" crap form which will take half and hour and mean not a hell of a lot.   Why doesn't he just email me the goddam thing.   They all do this.   I think it's more about the pretence of creating "trust" and repeat customers.   In other words they are using my money in order to help themselves.
F****
And I don't want to be negative, but you know many of the things in this world are completely negative .... the whole world is a lie, and  people lie, their whole lives are a fearful lie ... and somewhere they know it.

Okay, breathe.
Om mane padme hum ... Om mane padme hum ...

I would just like to apologise if this posting has caused anyone any discomfort, and will try to heal my wounds and unhappy actions that caused it.  May you be well.

Okay, I am thinking that people on this planet are simply not in very good shape, and if you judge them or fault find with them and what they say they are doing and so on ... it's going to be very negative.   Better to think in TTC terms of natural force .... like the wind and rain and earth and the flow of things ... see people as in the river flowing ... and when they speak and so on it's confusing ... so sort of disregard it, without blame.

Edited by rideforever

Thank you.

I've had a pain in my neck and shoulder for the last few days and it really colors my mood. It's easy to last out at others when you feel pain. I remind myself to be light, to be soft, and to let my negative feelings go. That is easier said than done.

Ultimately we're all the same. We all feel the same pain. We all lash out at others when we suffer or when we think we might suffer.

Om mane padme hum... That's a good place to start.

@ rideforever

Probably forcing oneself not to be negative will only make matters worse. I don't think the world is as bad as you now feel, but there's definitely a huge amount of stupidity around. And to be honest there's also stupidity inside myself, that - as far as I recognize it - I don't like either. So I can feel your anger. But I don't know of any easy solution, and it would be great when some Bum could offer one!

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Really struggling with this today, do not want to generate any karma at all .... but finding it hard.

For instance going for a Shiatsu session on Thursday and I know the guy is going to give me the whole bloody "tell me your history" crap form which will take half and hour and mean not a hell of a lot.   Why doesn't he just email me the goddam thing.   They all do this.   I think it's more about the pretence of creating "trust" and repeat customers.   In other words they are using my money in order to help themselves.
F****
And I don't want to be negative, but you know many of the things in this world are completely negative .... the whole world is a lie, and  people lie, their whole lives are a fearful lie ... and somewhere they know it.

Okay, breathe.

I would just like to apologise if this posting has caused anyone any discomfort, and will try to heal my wounds and unhappy actions that caused it.  May you be well.

Okay, I am thinking that people on this planet are simply not in very good shape, and if you judge them or fault find with them and what they say they are doing and so on ... it's going to be very negative.   Better to think in TTC terms of natural force .... like the wind and rain and earth and the flow of things ... see people as in the river flowing ... and when they speak and so on it's confusing ... so sort of disregard it, without blame.

The attitude is understood by me, I think we all have days when we feel like that , get tired of the way things are and push back.

For me , it tends to happen when I just cant change some fact , that I feel that I should be able to , or that someone else should. 

Its a bit of defense when no defense satisfactory , is left. 

It Helps us maintain our shape -self image in the face of conflict, and most of us are best off , having an identity , drawing lines we won't cross, persevering , albeit - with discomfort at times. No biggie. 

I think the solution has been placed before you , to not contend with things you can't fix ,, to not maintain an ego ,, but there is certainly a price ,, you cant fix much , and the things you take pride in about yourself are sacrificed. 

Edited by Stosh

“As above, so below” can also be translated to “As within, so without”

If you think the world is full of liars and jerks, that is what you will experience.

Imagine if someone lies to my face, and I know they’re lying... and to accept them anyways, with the love and knowledge that they ARE a part of me... They suffer and struggle like I do... maybe much more.  And maybe, if i accept their faults and negatives with no prejudice, that light would continue like a ripple effect.  Not only would it continue, but it would reflect back to me. I would be different from other people they meet. I may be the thing that changes them fundamentally. And it all starts with me. 

Edited by Fa Xin
Uniform pronouns
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Stosh said:

It Helps us maintain our shape -self image in the face of conflict, and most of us are best off , having an identity , drawing lines we won't cross, persevering , albeit - with discomfort at times. No biggie. 

That's an interesting consideration! One would have to be a nobody to be able to accept absolutely anything that happens without getting upset now and then. So negativity (within measure) is the price to pay for having strong views and a certain constancy of character.

Edited: prize -> price

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

I don't want to be negative, but you know many of the things in this world are completely negative .... the whole world is a lie, and  people lie, their whole lives are a fearful lie ... and somewhere they know it.

Okay, breathe.

All that you say may be true for you,  one does not have to be attached to it.

The world that you see merely a reflection of your inner self at a certain point in time. 

" I don't want to be negative"

One might ask who or what is the "I" that says to itself it doesn't want to be, but feels "it"  is.

If one engages in activities that involve life and death they often find the "it " becomes one with a present that has no positive or negative about it. 

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

That's an interesting consideration! One would have to be a nobody to be able to accept absolutely anything that happens without getting upset now and then. So negativity (within measure) is the prize to pay for having strong views and a certain constancy of character.

Yep, thats what I think. Its disagreeing with the idea that everyone is stupid or misled if they dont choose emptiness or such. Its just that there is a price -was misspelled earlier, though it still fits- which folks may not wish to pay. We generally like and mostly approve of ourselves, our spouses , vices and virtues , yadda yadda. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rideforever said:

Okay, breathe.

You seem a overly concerned about other people and  tend to exaggerate, making some into All.   You might be confusing different from you with problems.  If people are getting along with there lives without causing too much ruckus, that's good.  They don't have to believe in what you do to be okay.  They're not the one with a problem.  You are.  you are.

You want a modicum of peace, don't worry about other people or the world so much.  Figure they'll do there thing, you'll do yours and thats fine. 

We have a good guy or bad guy thread somewhere.  To me its not about that.  Its about skillful living and the right amount of assertiveness and right amount of don't give a f#ck.  If its a long interview is bothering, just give a few sentences and let'em know you're done.  That's it, all he'll get, now lets move on.  Or don't give a hoot and play the game.  Or some other strategy that doesn't leave you angry.. at the whole world,  due to an interview. 

Skillful means = balancing assertiveness with don't give a f#ck.   Keeping things in perspective.

• Like 3

The world is bad? Become the "lotus in the swamp". Be a spark of goodness in the world, and from that place, act...rather than be acted upon. For more understanding of this, read the prayer of St Francis.

Practical steps...first, start with making sure your house is spotless...literally. Clean your house. Don't stop until it really does look clean, without any flaws. This is not a step for you to skip.

Then take a bath in lukewarm water with Aveeno body wash (the kind made with oatmeal).

When that's done, get into freshly washed clothes...then meditate on your breath, letting thoughts go as they arise, and go back to being aware of the breath. When these ideas arise about the world, people, negativity (even when you're not meditating)...look at them directly until they vanish. Don't get lost in thinking about those topics...look at the thoughts as thoughts, and realize that they're just thoughts that evaporate the more you look at them. Smile at the thoughts and they vaporize even quicker.

After a meditation session, watch some comedy show or movie that actually makes you laugh. Or watch a movie where you get lost in the story. Or read a book that has the same effect. Or go to sleep. One of those things.

Then treat yourself to something you really enjoy.

Keep this up for a week. After 7 full days, then force yourself to go back to thinking like you are in the original post. Really try to make it happen, and be negative, for that day. After the 8th day of negativity, I think something will have happened.

Just ideas I had for changing oneself away from negativity. I know it sounds weird.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even Lao tzu and Chuang tzu got angry at (for instance) Confucianism and expressed themselves on the issue in no uncertain terms. They had no problem with being judgemental when they reckoned that the issue deserved it! :P That's why I dislike the watered down nondual, New Age, and postmodern versions of Taoism. But each time and temperament comes with it's own interpretations, and there is a place here for everybody. Although not without some friction. ;)

Edited by wandelaar

I do feel quite insane sometimes battling with my mind, it's much better in person then I find I can have quite nice time ... as long as people don't start being serious then the mind starts again.  That's why I watch Carry On movies and Inspector Clusseau, it's no mind.

I was thinking that if you are going to make any judgements about anyone, make them positive, just totally change that and sing people's praises.

And any negative judgements should be consciously corrected, it's like speaking to the corruption subconscious animal who is fearful, must always correct with conscious understanding not let run wild.

And emotionally maybe this is all shadow, and on the other side there is enthusiasm and engagement.

But in the final analysis one has to come to live in emptiness because why does the mind talk anyway.  If it talks there is trouble.

Anyway, I appreciated this yesterday:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

I do feel quite insane sometimes battling with my mind, it's much better in person then I find I can have quite nice time ... as long as people don't start being serious then the mind starts again.  That's why I watch Carry On movies and Inspector Clusseau, it's no mind.

I was thinking that if you are going to make any judgements about anyone, make them positive, just totally change that and sing people's praises.

And any negative judgements should be consciously corrected, it's like speaking to the corruption subconscious animal who is fearful, must always correct with conscious understanding not let run wild.

And emotionally maybe this is all shadow, and on the other side there is enthusiasm and engagement.

But in the final analysis one has to come to live in emptiness because why does the mind talk anyway.  If it talks there is trouble.

Anyway, I appreciated this yesterday:

:) That guy Does have good energy. Nice clip.

On 12/11/2018 at 1:22 AM, rideforever said:

Is this the same as living in observation? Observation is not judgement, has no investment. It just is. I think the mind talks out of judgement. A mind without judgement is quiet. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Is this the same as living in observation? Observation is not judgement, has no investment. It just is. I think the mind talks out of judgement. A mind without judgement is quiet. 

It is not the same, observer might have space form the judgement of the world but it does not necessarily feel its own being nor does it abide in itself.  So although it is better than being lost in the world, it is not really at peace nor know itself at rest.   In emptiness one does not have to observe anything to be full whole and peace.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:22 AM, rideforever said:

One of the foundational laws of existance is that non-existance doesn't exists.

In other words, this universe does not know the word no.

Whatever you focus upon, expands. So when you focus on correcting, there is the negative judgement that is contained in that vibrational mix. So it expands. This negative energy is not something that exists, unto itself. Just like evil does not exist unto itself. It is simply a resistance or a resistant energy.

So if you instead let go of the negative judgement, but you cannot let go of it, unless you focus on something else. Because again, there is no such thing as no. That is why "letting go" does not actually exist in this physical universe, as a thing that you can do. It is about stopping to do what it is you're doing that is causing the resistance in your vibrational being. It is an action of non-action, you cannot do it. It is Wei Wu Wei. It is letting go. Or allowing. Or meditating. Simple.

That is why I said, diffusing focus, and letting go, and meditating. It is often the easiest way to let go. From the state of clarity, then you can focus on good things, that are positive. When you meditate, you focus on neutral sound or breath, and the mind quiets. When the mind queits, your natural positive energy vibration re-establishes, all by itself. Then you have a clear energy grid. Now you can create, by virtue of your deliberate focus, and due to the foundational freedom of individual consciousness, on a positive energy grid, that will begin to fill itself in, by virtue of the way energy works, through the ability of focus, and how energy expansion and momentum works. So if you focus on contentment and peace, from a clear state of being, At first, it fills in thoughts of similar vibrational patterns and frequencies of contentment and peace. This then expands into emotional manifestations, that further indicate your vibrational trajectory of contentment and peace as a physical being in relationship to your greater non-physical consciousness or Soul or Source or Dao or God or whatever you wish to call it. That is the reason why it the emotion feels good, due to the allowing nature of the positive energy of contentment and peace in relationship to your Source.  This then expands further into more specific physical life experiences of similar vibrational nature, that is more in harmony with your greater truth or positive nature, that are also then further crystalizing your established energy grid.

This happens, wether you consciously do it or not.

An easy positive energy grid for allot of people to coming to learn about -deliberate- conscious creation, one that Marblehead always mentioned, is peace and contentment. It is the easiest grid one can establish as a physical being, in relationship to their greater knowing and being.

This is infact easy, and yet it is the one thing that is actually worth to excersize your discipline towards.

It is a slow vibration that is easy to find harmony and balance with. It is fast in experience and result and rewarding in nature, due to the ease of it and the slow nature of this simple positive vibration of peace and contentment.

But if your grid is already filling in with negative energy, meaning you have already established a negative grid, the best way to clear your grid, is meditation, diffusing focus and letting go. If you allow the negative emotion, the energy grid quickly gains momentum, and one has to then meditate again to clear it. Just like when people who practice anger management always say, they simply count to ten. That is also a form of meditation. Then, from the neutrality of each new reality, and due to the dominant nature of well-being in this universe, one can always easily establish peace and contentment, by virtue of deliberate focus on the state of being of their preference, such as contentment and peace. On thoughts of peace and contentment and feelings of peace and contentment. The life experience that follow suit, are then secondary in nature.

If one has enough experience with how energy and momentum works, and understanding of it, now one is capable of leveraging that knowledge to their advantage, for the fulfillment of their individual life purpose, that is more in alignment with their core inner being or greater consciousness. And one is capable then from this energy grid, of their physical being, capable of establishing an even better feeling grid, after that, one that is even more positive and more in alignment and harmony with their greater being, and thus more allowing of their greater knowing.

But if the you feel completely confused, or frustrated, and you decide to focus on "bliss" it's like a fast moving train, a heavy fast moving object with allot of momentum. And you try to jump into the train, but you just bounce of it. And it hurts. That is why peace and contentment is easier. It is like a bicycle. You get on, you balance your self by virtue of your focus and off you go.

Then for example, you have a good life. You tend to your established energy of peace and contentment, easy because momentum helps you a great deal here. You just get the ball rolling. Just like you get the bicycle rolling and off you go with great ease. And the wind sometimes slow you down, and you instead, take it easy, the wind passes, and you didn't get tired cause you didn't try to force, but just slowed the vibration, focus less, then the wind goes away, and now you focus again, and increase speed and momentum of the energy of contentment and peace.  After a while, you are so good at it, you wanna upgrade your energy.

Now you're thinking about the vehicle of optimism. That is like a scooter.

Then later on in life, you wanna upgrade your energy even more, cause you're so good at this. You enter the vehicle of positive expectation. Maybe that's a motorcycle. But again, these energies are non-physical in nature. They are obviously not vehicles. It's just your state of being, as a vibrational being, in relationship to your greater pure positive being that allows you to feel disharmony/resistance or harmony/alignment/allowance with it, by virtue of your emotions as the most sophisticated vibrational translators you have.

But don't go the top of the mountain, say "I am superman or superwoman." And jump off the cliff. You will often land smack on your face. And then you say, well... This whole follow your bliss thing is Bullsh!t.

Start easy, and work your way up from there. And often, if one wants a shortcut, there always is. For example, meditation is a shortcut. It is often the easiest way to the fullest allowing of your fullest alignment with your greatest of being in full aligment with the pure positive energy of your total consciousness, as Source consciousness. Simple and easy right? Because you deserve it to be so simple and so easy. Because you are infinitely worthy, simply because you exist. And you don't need any other reason. That's it.

So you can meditate and be fully connected to your Source, simply because you want that. And so you can allow that to be in this simple manner.

Edited by Everything

Hello Everything. some very interesting and important ideas there and you talk very well about many things.

One of things that I notice about your writing is that you don't seem to embody your identity clearly.  If you meditate with traditional techniques on certain regions of the body, then you awaken a strong and embodied (owned) identity. 

Personally I try to bring about your kind of vision for existing, but then also do focused identity-recognition-embodiment meditation in a traditional style.  Which brings into life things not otherwise seen.   

I have learnt during the course of my life to do everything because it is only then that you can know the value of different approaches and take everything that is available.

I use a couple methods.

Remember that everybody here is just playing a role in a giant play, and their actions couldn't be otherwise.

I reset my mindset by concentrating on my breathing and bringing myself into the Now.  

I remember who I really Am, and who those other people really Are.

When I find my mind off on a rant, I bring it back to no-thought and mindfulness.  Breathe.

For some reason, I find it comforting to remember that linear time is an illusion,  meaning that everything has already happened, and we're just playing catch-up.

On your last post, rideforever, you say 'One of the things that I notice about your writing is that you don't seem to embody your identity clearly.'  Actually, the wise ones don't embody their identity, because their so-called identity is of the ego, the false 'self'.  It is the higher self that we all share, connecting us all over the world.  To me, this makes listening to the daily news tolerable.  We're just playing a part, that's all.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 4:22 AM, rideforever said:

The pendulum is still swinging, and there is still an underlying desire to define. Whichever way the pendulum is swinging it is still a singular focus only on negative or only on positive, and both highlights and negates whatever fits or doesn't fit into the present paradigm.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:22 AM, rideforever said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manitou said:

Actually, the wise ones don't embody their identity, because their so-called identity is of the ego, the false 'self'.  It is the higher self that we all share, connecting us all over the world.  To me, this makes listening to the daily news tolerable.  We're just playing a part, that's all.

This is correct, the wise one's don't embody their so-called identity, the false self.

They breathe themselves into the Now and so return to wholeness.
And this creates the first sense of peace, and it can be quite arduous to get here, and then there can be many years where nothing else much changes and this peace finds restfulness.

Later they realise that they are actually not the whole of the wholeness, they are one part of the wholeness, or a soul.   They actually still exist and have a unique perspective and a unique intelligence, that is also whole.

Noticing this they change their internal approach and embody their true identity which is their part of the wholeness, which is also known as the soul.

To give it a picture it is called coming back down the mountain and being indistinguishable from the ordinary people, except on the inside everything has changed, instead of living in the false identity the true identity has finally been discovered and one can now live as the true person.

Another picture is that once you discover the Father (source) then you discover the Son (soul).

And this explains why existence bothered to put us on this planet, it is precisely to take and complete this multi-step journey.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 9:49 AM, rideforever said:

Hello Everything. some very interesting and important ideas there and you talk very well about many things.

One of things that I notice about your writing is that you don't seem to embody your identity clearly.  If you meditate with traditional techniques on certain regions of the body, then you awaken a strong and embodied (owned) identity. 

Personally I try to bring about your kind of vision for existing, but then also do focused identity-recognition-embodiment meditation in a traditional style.  Which brings into life things not otherwise seen.   

I have learnt during the course of my life to do everything because it is only then that you can know the value of different approaches and take everything that is available.

Yeah everything has a positive and negative side to it. So if you focus on the positive end, (and you can only know which direction you're focused by virtue of the way you feel as you think about whatever the subject of your attention, so your emotions can guide you in this, and always will and always does every single second of your life), then you have the ability to live an unconditional life. Meaning, regardless of any condition whatsoever, you can experience joy or love or freedom as you're living it. And that is what unconditional creation is all about. To summon your greater consciousness in this life and not have any resistance to the energy you are summoning, thus being in alignment with the energy and in a state of allowance, you experience it as pure positive energy, this feels as positive emotions, this is the enlightenment that people seek. Very simple, and a birthright of every human being, that they can learn to do in a matter of seconds if they know how.

Meditation is the ability to focus, to distract from negative/misaligned/resistant energy and to align with and allow pure positive/aligned/allowing energy. Meditation causes the mind to clear and from that clear mind you have ability to focus clearly and receive your emotions more vividly, more sensitively, as it resets to its natural sensitivity and your natural state of well-being, making negative emotion extra uncomfortable and more obvious, giving you the ability to align your mind more precisely with whatever energy you are summoning, causing it to become positive/aligned/allowing energy, allowing more pure positive energy, which then can be felt as positive emotion.

However, if one meditates even longer, having no thought for a long duration of time, this then causes you to have no thought for a long duration of time. Without resistant thought, there is nothing that dissallows your summoning of your greater consciousness/pure positive energy, and you also become enlightened. Why, cause you simply breath and allow your life force to flow through you without hindrance and you become healed. Becaused your natural state of being is already healed, so if you do nothing that causes resistance to your own life force from flowing more fully, it flows more fully, and you become more fully alife and well and healthy and you feel good.

And negative energy is not something that is real. It's just a lackful vibration. It is a resistance to the pure positive energy. It is a contradictory thought, a resistant thought, And your soul/spirit/non-physical counterpart/greater consciousness/source/god/jesus/buddha/allah/source of all creation/whatever you wish to call it is always 100% pure positive energy, and it is the greater part of who you truely are, so you ALWAYS have acces to that, unconditionally, and this is also why you feel emotion, because you're always connected to that.

And when you create a perspective in your mind that deviates/creates resistance in your energy grid in relation to your non-physical counterpart, as you're summoning it's energy, meaning your own energy/life force of who you really are as all that you truely are, you  feel negative emotion. It is resistance, like a high voltage through a resistor and it becomes hot and explodes or damages or burns. So be careful and mindful and sensitive as you think. Cause you're literally summoning the energy that creates worlds. Cause you're summoning your soul here in to this physical plane through your body, and if you summon more energy, by focusing your mind and you have resistance, meaning your mind is not in alignment with the energy it is summoning, meaning your perspective deviates from the actual thought/energy you are summoning, it hurts. meaning your thoughts are not aligned with the energy you're summoning, meaning your perspective is not parallel to your soul, not harmonized, not 1, not aligned, so there's resistance in the energy and you can feel that as negative emotion. So you need fine tuning here. If you summon no energy, and you have no resistance, you feel nothing. But you're always summoning at least a little, so sometimes people feel some kind of emptiness or maybe a serene peace. If you summon more energy, by virtue of activating your mind through the ability of thought/thinking/imagination, and your mind is focused in such a way on and IN the thoughts as you think them, and the perspective of the thoughts as you think them, that it is 100% aligned with the energy you are summoning, you are in a state of allowing/alignment with the energy you're summoning, and so it is now positive energy, and you feel positive emotion.

Another way to put it, if you're thinking you are creating, you are summoning energy. You are not doing this alone. Most of your creating has been done before you came here into this physical environment. Long before you were born infact, this physical environment has been brought into creation by non-physical thought, focused, through pure positive energy, with such power and consistency, that the manifestation occured of this entire physical universe. This is the most specific leading edge of creation. In other words, non-physical is FAR greater than this physical universe. Now you are here, in your physical body as an extension of that non-physical counterpart of who you still are. You can never be disconnected from that, though, indicated by allot of negative emotion, you could be a person who has allot of resistance in their energy body, so you are "less" connected. But never fully. It's like what you feel when you are out of breath, you let go of the choke, and you're back to normal, color returns to your face.

So now you are here in your physical body, as an extension of Pure Positive Source Energy, and you are now here on the leading edge of ALL of creation. (please take a moment to celebrate this, right now, this is HUGE, you made it, you're here, this is the most exciting place to be in all of creation).

And now, you're furthering the creation process, in co-creation with your own non-physical greater consciousness, pure positive energy, infinite intelligence, god, whatever you wish to call it, as an eternal being of consciousness, a small part of which is focused here through your physical body, by your thoughts.

So basically, you're here, THE MOST SPECIFIC form of consciousness, the most specifically manifested consciousness, in a physical environment of TREMENDOUS well-being. And you are co-creating your life with your non-physical counter part, for the purpose of joy. How?

Do you remember everything from your non-physical consciousness? Trick question. Cause what is memory? Memory is the ability to imagine the past. To envision it. It is your thinking mechanism. It is you creator mind. Your creating mechanism. This is working hand in hand with your non-physical soul. So basically, the memory is not there. The memory is with your soul. And you're 100% of the time connected to your soul. So how do you remember what your soul knows? Not primarily with your mind. The way to acces the infinite intelligence of your soul is... THROUGH YOUR HEART. Your ability to feel.

The end, now you know everything you will ever need to know. And live happily ever after.

Now ofcourse you may not have understood a single thing here, or you may have already forgotten everything you read. That's ok, cause I have infinite ways of saying the same thing over and over and over again. Just so that you can finally feel good. And claim the reason why you came here. Because you deserve it. And I'm happy to do this for the rest of my life. :lol:

But there are many many more like me. So no worries, eventually the entire planet's gonna be happy. There's absolutely nothing that can ever go wrong. We're all eternal beings, here to have fun.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Everything said:

I have infinite ways of saying the same thing

Yes.  This is a sign of not using one's intelligence. 
It is very unloving to not use your intelligence.
There are may completely unconscious people out there who talk about love love love all day long, they are lost in their emotions.   

It becomes masturbation.
Of course masturbation feels good, except that there is something very fake about it.
That is one reason we are given physical bodies, so we don't end up drooling on our emotions and call it life.
And we are also given a higher faculty of understanding, our intelligence and thinking.
This can also be developed.
Joy ?
What kind of person wants it to be sunny all day long ?  A lizard ?  A botox celebrity ?
Contrast of all sorts is required for growth otherwise your "joy" is a stagnation of emotional masturbation.