ben kaf

Difference between two books of Damo Mitchell

51 minutes ago, ben kaf said:

Damo mitchell has written two books on the subject of internal alchemy, namely, White Moon on the Mountain Peak and A Comprehensive Guide to Daoist Nei Gong.

So my question is for someone interested in chi gong/nei dan practical and theoretical aspects which one of these books is necessary? or maybe both of them are complimentary and should be read together?

Hi!

"White moon" is about neidan and "comprehensive guide" is about neigong...which are 2 different things for damo and he teaches accordingly. "comprehensive" comes first and after several years "white moon" can be started.....but these are really deep things...better to go to at least some Seminars with damo or one of his teachers.

best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MIchael80 said:

but these are really deep things...better to go to at least some Seminars with damo or one of his teachers.

Thanks for the advice. But where I live I cannot have access to him or his teachers..so my best shot is his books and maybe other resources or teachers..

36 minutes ago, ben kaf said:

Thanks for the advice. But where I live I cannot have access to him or his teachers..so my best shot is his books and maybe other resources or teachers..

Then you would have to carefully read the book and very slowly follow its advice.

There are neidan schools in russia that teach neidan through skype (yuxian pai).....they are very secretive but have a full neidan system.

they are not much liked here as they are ...lets say very direct with their view on neidan. www.daode.ru

this is anther neidan school: http://www.qianfeng.nl/

best

• Like 1

I agree, 'Comprehensive' should come first and only after that 'the moon'. Especially if you don't have a neidan teacher. You can't really learn neidan without a teacher, but you can sit silently an hour a day and this will create a good starting point when your teacher  appears. When I say sit silently I mean you sit without any agenda and try to enter stillness.

With all that, you can't really enter stillness if your body tissues are not connected inside. This is where neigong comes in and you can start basic movements on your own. If you do it right, with time you can develop body connection even without a teacher, it will just take longer to figure out. You can also do online yoga to develop this connectivity and sensitivity in your body. Modern times are remarkable in terms of accessibility to information. 

• Like 4