Sign in to follow this  
Bindi

Unlocking the Secrets of the Wounded Psyche

A very good article on the psychology of 'wholeness' -  Unlocking the Secrets of the Wounded Psyche

Spoiler

"The way that I now see the process is best told through a Gnostic myth: at birth, a spark of the divine comes into each of us. If our childhood is well enough mediated the divinity incarnates. Archetypal energies are humanised and the central archetype which Jung called the Self, sets up residence inwardly and both animates our life and begins to guide the individuation process. But if the child’s pain is too great then archetypal defences make sure that feelings are not experienced in the body in an integrated way. The mediation of divine energies is curtailed. That spark of divinity never makes the journey to ensoulment, and instead it becomes cloistered in an autistic enclave: it is split off into the psyche’s deepest recesses. It is kept safe until such time as the person can find mediation for the pain that could not be suffered at the time that it was experienced."

Edited by Bindi
  • Like 4

Really nice article very long full of long sentences big problem description at the beginning and at the end poetry.
Hmm.
Well looks like it's gonna be expensive to pay these phDs lotsa cash so they can work with me.

Anyway I personally spent 8 years and don't know how much money on therapy didn't really help me.

Which I don't want to be too critical about humans are complex and difficult.

But I don't find such really long articles very encouraging.

T.R.E I find encouraging.

Vipassana I find encouraging.

But much of medicine these days (and qigong in some places) consists of creating an income stream for the therapist .... and even better if it doesn't work its the clients fault.

So ... hell of a place to come.

Unlocking the honesties of a healthy psyche. 

1+1=2

Roses are red, and violets are blue.

I am talking to you. 

2+2=4

Looking at the wall all day is a bore. 

Writing this is my chore.

4+4=8

Gr8 b8 m8! 

I give this 8 out of 8.

8+8=16

When you're having underage sex, you don't want to be seen. 

7+7=5

Don't even question, my mind's a hive.

Disagree, and stupidity shall arrive. 

5+5=1

Completidity B)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rideforever said:

Really nice article very long full of long sentences big problem description at the beginning and at the end poetry.
Hmm.
Well looks like it's gonna be expensive to pay these phDs lotsa cash so they can work with me.

Anyway I personally spent 8 years and don't know how much money on therapy didn't really help me.

Which I don't want to be too critical about humans are complex and difficult.

But I don't find such really long articles very encouraging.

T.R.E I find encouraging.

Vipassana I find encouraging.

But much of medicine these days (and qigong in some places) consists of creating an income stream for the therapist .... and even better if it doesn't work its the clients fault.

So ... hell of a place to come.

What sort of therapy was it? Not all therapies are created equal IMO.Though I didn't take this article as advertising a therapy so much as describing the workings of the subconscious, some of it's images perfectly capture the fundamental human problem IMO, my favourite being the 'spark of the divine cloistered in an autistic enclave, desperate to escape its prison.' This is psychological truth as I see it, not just a fanciful notion.

5 hours ago, Bindi said:

What sort of therapy was it? Not all therapies are created equal IMO.Though I didn't take this article as advertising a therapy so much as describing the workings of the subconscious, some of it's images perfectly capture the fundamental human problem IMO, my favourite being the 'spark of the divine cloistered in an autistic enclave, desperate to escape its prison.' This is psychological truth as I see it, not just a fanciful notion.

Yeah therapies are amazing. Especially as they are always kind people. I love talking to them. Infact, They are even kind unto themselves. 

Thats the greatest benefit. 

To be kind to one another right? Treat everyone like your patient. 

Treat everyone with gentleness and care.

Ah well, I like peace id like it if the entire planet was no less than peaceful. 

Free open kind caring loving. Honesty. Truth. 

I digg it. 

Yaaaa mon, ahaaah yaaaah! Tastingo! 

Therapy at the beach baby! 

5 hours ago, Bindi said:

It was integrative.

Problem is humans really don't understand themselves very well.   For instance problem with subconscious mind is lack of embodiment of solar plexus which is centre of subconscious mind ... but few people know that.
Anyway therapy ... all these different types ... it's all BS ... the stats show it doesn't really matter which type you try all same result because you are just talking to nice person basically and then healing happens.   But the therapists have develop "types" in order to charge big money for it.   It's okay, but also it's not okay.   These days there are Meetup groups were pair of people can self-therapy listening to each other.   Plus must remember many therapists in poor state ... once I went for 1st session with woman therapists, I moved my chair a little closer to her (was 3metres) and she has shock response, she didn't say anything for half hour whilst recovering.   And she is therapist !!!!
And then there is CBT ... i.e fast therapy which costs less.   It points to using the conscious mind to control the entire system but such things are not really possible for most people so ends up being a way to fake yourself and get rid of people.   On NHS you get 10 hours CBT, if not work then pills and patient cal foff. 
If you pay a lot of money you can find "good" therapist but is very expensive and result is uncertain.
Anyway, problem with not seeing therapist and doing stuff in bedroom is .... that that is also unnatural.   Isolated society is not good for people hence mental health crisis.

20 minutes ago, rideforever said:

It was integrative.

Problem is humans really don't understand themselves very well.   For instance problem with subconscious mind is lack of embodiment of solar plexus which is centre of subconscious mind ... but few people know that.

The Daoists do with their initial focus on the lower dantian, I don’t know if Jungians do. I agree though, the LDT focus is primary and vital. 

Anyway therapy ... all these different types ... it's all BS ... the stats show it doesn't really matter which type you try all same result because you are just talking to nice person basically and then healing happens.   But the therapists have develop "types" in order to charge big money for it.   It's okay, but also it's not okay.   These days there are Meetup groups were pair of people can self-therapy listening to each other.   Plus must remember many therapists in poor state ... once I went for 1st session with woman therapists, I moved my chair a little closer to her (was 3metres) and she has shock response, she didn't say anything for half hour whilst recovering.   And she is therapist !!!!

And then there is CBT ... i.e fast therapy which costs less.   It points to using the conscious mind to control the entire system but such things are not really possible for most people so ends up being a way to fake yourself and get rid of people.   

Yes agreed CBT is psychologically unhealthy. The Jungian approach is a lifetimes work, it works towards engagement with the deepest and darkest layers of ourselves, the aspects that are most split off, and ultimately the true self that lies beneath the layers. 

On NHS you get 10 hours CBT, if not work then pills and patient cal foff. 
If you pay a lot of money you can find "good" therapist but is very expensive and result is uncertain.
Anyway, problem with not seeing therapist and doing stuff in bedroom is .... that that is also unnatural.   Isolated society is not good for people hence mental health crisis.

Even shamans who were not isolated like modern societies tend to be had to undergo journeys into their own psyches, so it’s not just our society that keeps us away from our true selves. 

2 hours ago, Bindi said:

The Daoists do with their initial focus on the lower dantian, I don’t know if Jungians do. I agree though, the LDT focus is primary and vital. 

I mentioned Solar Plexus not LDT.   
The lack of accurate information amongst humans is quite astounding.

Anyway LDT is belly button downwards area, SP is were the ribcage parts down to the belly button roughly and is a neural centre representing the mind of the subconscious animal.

If you look closely at various asian and oriental diagrams regarding these things you will see they position these points all over the place.

Although there are many things you can do with these area w.r.t. "power", the most important function of these areas is identity and thus one should locate the centres of identity assuming that your intent is spiritual.

2 hours ago, Bindi said:

The Jungian approach is a lifetimes work, it works towards engagement with the deepest and darkest layers of ourselves, the aspects that are most split off, and ultimately the true self that lies beneath the layers. 

This is very unhealthy approach.   How much time will you spend in the sewer before you realise .... you are in the sewer.   

This is the problem with "purification", because how can you clean the darkness whilst in the darkness ?  Even if you removed all the darkness from a box, does not mean there is any light in there.   This is why humans go round and round in circles.   Then people talk sadly about lifetimes on the path.

The Light itself is the purification agent, what one needs to do is find a source of light and pour it into themselves.   Then you don't need to clean anything at all.  The Light simply takes up all the room.   This is the correct way.  This way you can be enlightened within a few months or years.

Edited by rideforever

11 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I mentioned Solar Plexus not LDT.   
The lack of accurate information amongst humans is quite astounding.

I wonder if people can tell the difference between their foot and their nose, sometimes.

My mistake, it looks like we disagree then.

This is very unhealthy approach.   How much time will you spend in the sewer before you realise .... you are in the sewer.   

This is the problem with "purification", because how can you clean the darkness whilst in the darkness ?  Even if you removed all the darkness from a box, does not mean there is any light in there.   This is why humans go round and round in circles.   Then people talk sadly about lifetimes on the path.

True, even when perfectly cleared there is still darkness, and light is still needed. For various reasons though I am convinced that perfectly cleared is necessary for the lower dantians before looking for a source of light. 

The Light itself is the purification agent, what one needs to do is find a source of light and pour it into themselves.   Then you don't need to clean anything at all.  The Light simply takes up all the room.   This is the correct way.  This way you can be enlightened within a few months or years.

What sources of light are available in your opinion? Do you think you are ‘enlightened' by following your method? 

A friend of mine and member here wrote a book that touches on some of this.

Focusing Emptiness is about how the significant choices we make in life can be colored by the trauma we experience in childhood.

It is about how we split off our most vulnerable parts, and how these parts can sometimes fall into a fantasy world where real world choices become entangled with the fantasy world designed to protect us.

If you have ever looked back on your life, and wondered why you made that particular decision, that decision which turned your direction at that critical fork in the road, then this book will touch something of deep recognition inside you.

But this is also a book about finding those split off parts again, and recognizing how delicately they had been calling to you all along    http://focusingemptiness.com/index.php/home2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bindi said:

What sources of light are available in your opinion? Do you think you are ‘enlightened' by following your method? 

I think it's critical that you understand that a box that has been emptied of junk is not therefore full of light, and before you know it the junk is back in the box.   And also that you can't wash with dirty water.  It's really critical you understand this.   Mostly people doing such practices are more like learning basic things about themselves and orientation withing themselves but nothing more.

Light is not of this world but held within beings who have invoked it on their journey.   It is an energetic transmission of purity from outside of this universe.  Okay many big words but just to explain ... it is of much higher frequency and self-recognition than the stuff ot this universe.

This is why spending time in Holy Company is essential then you just feel it in the teacher, later you feel it in you because you start vibrating at that frequency and then you cultivate that part of you that has become active.   It is also possible to receive transmission from books or photos of teachers and so on ... as long as you have at least a little bit active  inside you.

You have to be ready and mature in your life as well otherwise you won't really try, surrender, or open.

You can for instance look at a picture of Ramana Maharshi or Ramakrishna and feel their Light and pull it inside you, or vibrate with the picture and so on.   The halo is the higher being body that is vibrating at much higher level, therefore it is a map.  Same thing happens in the Dantien if that is your route, when listening to TTC try to feel the state Laozi must have been in when writing such things, feel the state itself of the valley, in the belly.   And one has to recognise the awakened identity either in Consciousness (in the head) or if you are taoist then in the belly, hence talk of the of the little man in the belly .... but just feel that when breathing from the belly, sit with it and feel that "I" am down there, like you are looking at the world from the belly.

So with respect to Jung, I don't mind what he is doing ... but they don't really know what they are doing ... that's why they drift into poetry at the end.   Where spirituality is using much more accurate techniques to awaken and truly the spiritual understanding of what is inside is vastly greater than psychology.   But psychology represents an attempt to awaken the human being so it is in a way advanced, but when it drifts into dream analysis and so on ... it's just churning rubbish.   The value of psychology is to be a conscious person, who is conscious in his life, present, clear in the mind and so on, the awakening of the person.
Probably they drift into dreams stuff because they wish to also work on the subconscious, and they don't know how better to do it.  
It's not bad just very expensive an time consuming and impractical for many people.

Sorry slightly ranty, a lot of different things here.

Edited by rideforever

Jung was cool tho, he was very spiritual. He was a perfect complimentary to freud. Like yin yang. 

I always preferred the spiritual side too. I like the unconditional side of it. You don't need a degree to be spiritual. Being spiritual is natural to me. 

I go outside in the cold dark night. And I feel a sense of ancientness in my experience. The experience is and feels spiritual. It always feel special and unique. Always worthy of notice. Always valuable as a new experience of something yet new again. As always it feels like that, in every new moment a new experience. What else can I ask for? 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this