Aetherous

Daoist Canon goldmine

http://kanripo.org/ 

This site contains the Ming Daoist Canon / Zhengtong Daozang (as well as other collections of books like the Siku Quanshu), I think the entire thing in both woodblock photocopies as well as digitized text.

Just do a search in Chinese characters for a text you want to see.

Sorry if someone has shared this before.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 4

It's great

When it comes to Daoist canon texts, I find it has a far lower rate of mistaken characters than Ctext. However, there are some Daoist canon texts lacking photos of the original pages on Kanripo but which Ctext does have photos of. If you combine your searching of these two sites with Scripta Sinica and Wikisource then there is not much that you can't find, at least in terms of old Daoist books that were printed as opposed to copied by hand and passed down in temples and families. And if you can't find anything on those four sites, then there's always Home in Mists...

A piece of advise for Kanripo is that sometimes I have had trouble with the search function if I search for long sentences. I think this is because of the way they use the carriage return in their layout. The way around this problem I've used is to just search for a unique-looking combination of ~5 characters instead of long sentences. 

• Thanks 1