Patrick Brown

Has the War for Freedom Started?

Watching the live stream/s from Paris and with what's about to start in the UK tomorrow and next week I wonder if this isn't the beginning of something big?

A war against those that want to enslave us even further! 

Any thoughts? 

I guess my thought is: do I want an actual war to break out? Things aren't so bad that it's fully justified.

I joined the military back in 2005 to preserve the peace I knew in my country, growing up. Really, the opposite of wanting a war in the streets.

But perhaps my reticence is just weakness? Judging by some of the quotes of the US founding fathers, that might be the case.

In Paris, I saw the protesters destroying monuments. I really value the preservation of the history of civilizations, so that we can look back and retain the wisdom they had, instead of losing it. Dumb things happen when people amass in large numbers.

What we're seeing is the ugly side of populism. I like making the distinction between populism (the people rising up to secure more power from the elites) and the notion of a republic (not having elites, but having rule of law).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

Watching the live stream/s from Paris and with what's about to start in the UK tomorrow and next week I wonder if this isn't the beginning of something big?

A war against those that want to enslave us even further! 

Any thoughts? 

I'm sure people in France were saying the same thing when there riots here in the U.S.

I'm guessing it'll peak and simmer down like these things usually do.  The governments already reversed a couple policies.

Course I don't think any side is thinking enslavement either.  That's not to say governments don't make bad decisions, but its usually not quite so nefarious as enslavement.. its trying to find comprises or managing limited resources.  ie if you do any leadership work, government or business even non-profit you inevitably end up helping some, screwing others, intentionally or unintentionally.   Nature of leadership and decision making. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Well this situation in France could go on for much longer! Here in the UK Brexit is being dragged out in the hope that people will just give in and accept the current dodgy deal, which of course they won't. There's other stuff going on in Europe periodically but it's being played down in the media. There's also unrest around the world as a result of governments being blatantly corrupt and this includes the sacred democratic system! 

Factor in the weather, population growth, looming pandemics and possibly a pending energy crises and we are on the verb of a new dystopia.  

France protests: The voices of the 'gilets jaunes'

"We are fed up of hearing promises from politicians. The French don't believe in them any more."

Freddie Bouvier, a truck driver from Beauvais in northern France, is one of thousands of "yellow vest" protesters rallying against President Emmanuel Macron and his government.

They first took to the streets to protests against a rising fuel tax - a move since abandoned by the government - but the scope has become far greater.

At least four people have died and hundreds have been arrested in the worst unrest to hit France in decades.

Why are people still protesting?

The movement cuts across age, job and region. It includes members of the working and middle classes, all affected by the higher cost of living in France.

President Macron was elected on a programme of economic reform, and there is widespread fury that his new policies have failed to deliver the promised change.

Read in full here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46480867

I was expecting something like this, but it has come sooner than I expected.  God bless the French people as they try to overthrow the globalist tyranny, and their banker bitch Macron.  May the people of the world rise up and demand freedom, the ability to control our own destiny, and allow for a diversity of cultures and nations, rather than the globalist Tower of Babel vision of a Trotskyite world government.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

The French invented the guillotine.

The French Doctor after whom the guillotine is named invented it as a "humane" alternative to "Breaking on the Wheel", and as such I think most would agree that it was an improvement.  In one of those ironies of history during the Terror, Dr. Guillotin almost met his end on the machine of his own devising.

ZYD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:
On 12/8/2018 at 9:25 AM, Patrick Brown said:

Any thoughts

The French invented the guillotine.

Humor aside, The French are a very passionate people who have learned to be laissez faire. Perhaps they have become too laissez faire? Now that their passions are awakening they might rediscover their bloody heritage. Yes, this was dark humor but I would not be surprised to see a guillotine used in Paris again in our lifetimes. 

• Like 1

In truth, if I was paying $7 bucks and change for gas, and the government proposed to raise it another .30, especially at a time it was at a record low per barrel.  I'd also protest, with sign saying they're tone death idiots who don't care about the public. 

In my opinion, the protest is good, the violence within, by a minority of the crowd is bad. 

They don't want 'freedom' they already have it, though it makes for catchy signs.  What they want is reduced tax burdens.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2