Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

Dantien Controlling Limbs

38 minutes ago, freeform said:

Exactly as Taoist Texts says - it’s talking about the Dantien.

Yea but the Dan Tien represent an energy field that spins. the waist physically turns. The physiological functions of  human anatomy are very important in tai chi chuan. To limit the subject to an energy field would miss the most important part of the physical functions of tai chi chuan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Yea but the Dan Tien represent an energy field that spins. the waist physically turns. The physiological functions of  human anatomy are very important in tai chi chuan. 

The Dan tien is physical. The physiological functions are ‘internal’. Once the Dan tien is built, it engages and moves the ligaments and fascia-type tissues. That’s what makes it ‘Internal’ movement. Waist is external.

So if energy has a physical location it is impossible to achieve immortality and the eternal life.. We have to build something that already is.  The unified energy does not move the body but one aspect of it does. Interesting tell me more. Also do not ever mix external with internal. I think I am getting this now, thanks.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 2:25 AM, rideforever said:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a DVD or book that teaches how to enable the Dantien to control the body.   My understanding is that this is the result of Tai Chi practice, and I would like step by step inner exercises that result in this.
Thanks

This teacher talks about some of the things you've mentioned and others have posted ,  instead of thinking dantien control one might think about unification as in a central point from which movement arises from expressed through at the body.  Every point on the body can be said to have a dantien...

• Like 1

This teacher also talks about dantian directly and cations against thinking about it. While at the same time offering exercises that will help one to become aware of it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

So if energy has a physical location it is impossible to achieve immortality and the eternal life.. We have to build something that already is.  The unified energy does not move the body but one aspect of it does. Interesting tell me more. Also do not ever mix external with internal. I think I am getting this now, thanks.

It’s not that energy has a physical location. Things exist on several planes at once - there’s a physical aspect, there’s the energetic aspect and there’s a consciousness aspect. The Dan tien exist on all these levels at once - but physical is the one to focus on most in the beginning (and “beginning” is the first 3 to 10yrs of diligent practice)

• Like 1

But if i’m even on the right track then DT rotation is oddly simple and very counterintuitive at first. I couldn’t explain it in any way better than ”most people move their body and so their dan tien shifts, some learn o add power to their movement with the dan tien but when you move from the dan tien it actually moves you, literally”.

I’m probably going to hear all sorts of flack for this but thats how i describe it, i havent found a way to fully incorporate it in everything but i stumbled over it in one exercise and it was a very weak little voice at first, mostly because it’s being drowned in the mess of signal from all other places.

Being able to move from DT comes from yi in the beginning but it is nei gong, as in internal work that is very difficult to visually distinguish from someone skillfully using their body moving ad boosting from their DT. You’ll feel the difference though.

Sign in to follow this