Sign in to follow this  
Lois

Let's talk about hippies

Let's talk about hippies. There are hippies or sympathies here?

This man wrote the book "School of Mages". A book about contemporary hippies and recently a movie was made based on the book. Everything is very shrill.

tIfR4Le-M9E.jpg

23 hours ago, shortstuff said:

What is the question?

There may be many questions. It all depends on your interests. In the USSR, there was a hippie organization, which is called the system. BUT it was an informal organization. Few people had an idea about it.

Wait !  ... a   Hippie   organisation !     .....  that was called 'The System ' ?  !

Organisation ?  .... The system ???    Ohhhh   Man ....

....  that's heavy  man .

Old-Hippie-Smoking-Dope-23668.jpg

Edited by Nungali

Thanks Hippies for the internet and how high were you guys? Thanks for having a cause like equal rights for all colors (especially the psychedelic ones) ending the war, social change, gender equality.  You people must have been tripping your lips off.

For the new generation just keep track of where your phone is and everything will be OK.

Sticks and stones will never hurt you but words will break your bones, each and everyone of them.

• Like 3

I think of myself as "a bit of a hippy." Growing up in coastal mid-southern California is most of that. Time spent places like the Rennaissance Faires after hours playing guitar with a bunch of genuine aging hippies... and profoundly terrible taste in colorful paisley fashion. ;-)  Metaphysical at heart.  I think in general, closer to communal living would be a good thing for my culture, and on the whole I think many of the hippies had the best intentions. Mind you there were later waves that were more like entitled kids who wanted to be part of it and their descent on places like SF made it a very different world than it had been, from what I've read. I don't think we have a hippy contingent at this point, sadly!

RC

Sign in to follow this