Moog Vertus

New arrival

Hey guys,

I am finally registering here after a long time reading your great stuff as a guest. I have been doing meditation, Chi Gong, Tai Chi, the 5 Tibetans  and Yoga quite a while now. It has basically eridicated panic attacks I previously had and gave me a general sense of well-being. But I recently talked to a friend who does Chi Gong with me and she said she can feel the energy flowing along the meridians in yoga and Chi Gong. I have never felt any energy movement, only some stationary vague sexual energy in the sacral chakra, some love energy in the heart chakra and some snake like energy in the third exe that both seem to do nothing else or move. So I wanted to check in with you guys here. Am I maybe chi deaf? I can't say... do you have recommendations for removing energy blocks? Where do I start? :-)

Moog

• Like 2

Hello, Moog vertus, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Moog,

Welcome. Sometimes it’s a slow process of feeling the energy. My only recommendation would be to work on relaxing more and don’t go searching for the sensations. 

Also, the feeling of love at the heart is energy, for sure 😊

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

Welcome.  Like you, even after all these years I still tend to energy insensitive.  Yet I don't think that means good things aren't going on.  The fact you've gotten over panic attacks means there are positive changes happening.  So I wouldn't worry about 'feeling' energy.  Traditionally masters wouldn't talk much about it because it tends lead students into 'imagining' instead of letting things happen.  

For energy blocks.. hmnn, you might want to try shaking.  Bend the knees a bit, start shaking your hands, like you're playing drums, let it travel up your elbows, get the whole body into it.  Shake rhythmically til your heels are moving up and down.  Play around with making it big and small.  Nothing wrong with going really big, full Ape, including grunting.   Keep it up for awhile, at least 5 minutes.  Go longer as it becomes comfortable.

When you want to stop, just slow it down, then in stillness appreciate the sensations in your body.  Your nerves and pathways should have had a good wake up call.  Some practices will have students shake for 30 minutes or more.  Matter of fact I sit using Ya Mu's Stillness Movement style, which has  gentle bobbing motion during sitting.  I find it allows me to sit longer and certainly helps with keeping my legs from falling asleep. 

14 hours ago, Moog Vertus said:

Hey guys,

I am finally registering here after a long time reading your great stuff as a guest. I have been doing meditation, Chi Gong, Tai Chi, the 5 Tibetans  and Yoga quite a while now. It has basically eridicated panic attacks I previously had and gave me a general sense of well-being. But I recently talked to a friend who does Chi Gong with me and she said she can feel the energy flowing along the meridians in yoga and Chi Gong. I have never felt any energy movement, only some stationary vague sexual energy in the sacral chakra, some love energy in the heart chakra and some snake like energy in the third exe that both seem to do nothing else or move. So I wanted to check in with you guys here. Am I maybe chi deaf? I can't say... do you have recommendations for removing energy blocks? Where do I start? :-)

Moog

Hi Moog,

I'm a total beginner here but I think what you need is a meditation that help you feel your bodily sensation. There is no such thing is chi deaf. You definitely do have sensations. Focusing on this bodily sensations (sensations like warm, cold, scratching, pulsation, etc) is first step then when your meditation goes deeper you can sense subtler and sublter sensations until finally you can feel chi. but it doesn't happen overnight. Have you ever heard about vipassana? It could be a great help for feeling chi and bodily sensations..

Thanks for the warm welcome and the recommendations. I think I'll start with shaking because I know it from dancing classes and it gives a good feeling.