Sign in to follow this  
yuuichi

If men are Yang and women are Yin, doesn’t that mean women have to attract men?

I read a few posts on this forum regarding dating, and one person said that if you are a very masculine person (Yang), then you will attract women to you anyway. But how does that work? Men are yang and Yang doesn’t attract/receive, it is Yin that attracts/receives, correct?

• Like 2

i think it's more subtle than that.  First of all yin and yang are principles and no person is pure yang or yin, but males tend to be more yang than yin and visa versa.  Yang is seen as active and yin responsive, so in terms of attraction and so on, the first overt act is with yang.  But of course you could ask what induced the yang to act - and the answer would be yin.  So its more like a wave of action response which continually ripples if you see what I mean.   Not a simplistic relationship at all.

• Like 6

Also, it is an energetic principle, not a hard and fast rule.  In some relationships you often find the woman more yang while the man is more yin.  

• Like 1

I think there's an internal balance that happens for the genders...in general, men's bodies are more yang so their minds are more yin. Women's bodies are more yin, so their minds are more yang.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Women      have to    attract men now ?    :huh:

I don’t mean are required to but more it’s inevitable. Like its inevitable that one magnet attracts another like it’s inevitable that a woman attracts a man. I don’t know if I can explain it well.

The poster above has an interesting idea. That the male body is yang but his mind is yin, and the female body is yin but her mind is yang. Like a woman’s mind is usually very exciteable and yang? I dont know really. Does that mean men have more yang jing and yin qi, and women have more yin jing and yang qi?

Is this difference of yin jing and yang jing what creates attraction between a man and woman, like magnetism?

But if that is true, then how come men and women can fall in love just by the photo of the person and the idea of them (like in online dating or women watching a movie with a handsome actor)? This physical attraction between man and women, perhaps caused by yin jing and yang jing, is not necessary?

On 12/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, yuuichi said:

The poster above has an interesting idea. That the male body is yang but his mind is yin, and the female body is yin but her mind is yang. Like a woman’s mind is usually very exciteable and yang? I dont know really. Does that mean men have more yang jing and yin qi, and women have more yin jing and yang qi?

IMO, the problem with such distinctions is simply our mind's perception of differences / duality when they are really just the same end of one stick, in a sense.   And I don't think we can say one is Yang and one is Yin, maybe rather, dominantly Yang or Ying due to refinement perceived.   But also realize that each organ has its Yang vs Yin Qi [dominance].   So hard to use a blanket statement like Qi is Yin or Yang; Qi, like the other substances, are both.     

On 12/3/2018 at 4:02 PM, yuuichi said:

Is this difference of yin jing and yang jing what creates attraction between a man and woman, like magnetism?

But if that is true, then how come men and women can fall in love just by the photo of the person and the idea of them (like in online dating or women watching a movie with a handsome actor)? This physical attraction between man and women, perhaps caused by yin jing and yang jing, is not necessary?

I know that Dr. Yang (author and practitioner of Qigong and martial arts) likes to call Qi , electromagnetism.   I think there is something to this.    Or, consider a floor light.  Until you plug it in the wall, neither the electricity at the plug nor the light can do anything.  Only once connected is there a flow of electricity.  While we can divide this up into a flow of electricity through the house to a wall and a floor light, they are in essence singular in their accomplishment of creating Light.   

So, I find it is similar in men and woman: Men tend to transmit more and Women tend to be more receptive.  Everywhere we go, every day, our energies are co-mingling with others.  In particular, such connections are made due to being 'plugged in' to someone else.   Most people don't feel it but those with strong instinctual feelings do.  Once taking to a higher level of energy refinement (practices, etc), sending and sending energy grows more and more. 

I think the focus on jing misses the target a bit.  Just call it energy. 

• Like 2

Men can be considered yin inside with an extreme point of yang so all tough on the outside but weak inside, We are both yin and yang. Women can be considered yang inside with an extreme point of yin so all soft and awesome outside but internally stronger then men, we are both Yin and Yang. Polarities change and intermingle

Men seem to be more external their stuff is just hanging out physiologically speaking. women seem to be more internal, all their stuff is inside and the great mystery of awesomeness. 

The creative force yang needs the receptive force yin. Yin and Yang are deep in love and become an unbreakable force with flexibility and a song and a dance.

The song and dance is done within us, no partner, the immaculate conception, the virgin birth, giving birth to a divine being, our original self. We then attract higher spirits and vibrations this in turn attracts amazing people and situations . Mostly sexual situations....... just kidding

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this