wandelaar

Tao and the Laws of Nature

What is the relation between Tao and the Laws of Nature?

1) Does Tao simply consists of the Laws of Nature?

2) But if so - than Tao isn't beyond description...

3) So maybe Tao lies deeper and forms the foundation of the Laws of Nature?

4) Does Tao determine the outcome of quantum mechanical chance events?

5) Or is a fundamental indeterminacy (or if you want: creativity) an essential part of Tao?

• Like 2

TTC describes the Tao, but the author wishes to make clear at the beginning that Tao is not the concepts/ words but that which the words point to and if you wish to know Tao you must move from the concepts / words to sensing the Tao directly.
The Laws of Nature are similarly to the TTC attempts to describe "what it is", by beings with their own insights and understandings ... and these descriptions are at many levels, for many purposes, and coloured by many things.  But that being so, the purpose of all such laws of nature descriptions is once again to point you to direct contact with "what it is in itself".
On determinism :
Life grows and lives, which means their is risk and hazard, otherwise there would be nothing.
Life living means there is hazard, their is continuous discovery.
Beings of a low order are mechanical and have little free will, but as you ascend in consciousness so more free will is available .... however many humans for instance refuse to use free will because it can be shocking to use and exposes you to the terror of living without the protection of the habits of the tribal mentality.
It may be that from "God"'s perspective we have no free will ... however we cannot know this and we are what we are and have to live from our own perspective, there is no escape from what one is.
imo "God" himself is simply just like us, growing, experimenting and so on, not knowing exactly why ... but continuing to explore.
Tao and the forces of this universe are not fixed but also learn, like a school changes over time, and their are many actors that may or may not appreciate you .... nevertheless there are golden rules that are very trustworthy, you reap what you sow, and certain qualities count for a lot, fortune favours the brave - and even higher beings get bored of any routine, and need a good laugh from time to time.
Taoism is a path that seems to favour following the energetic flows of existence and its rules, rather than the rules of the heart or of consciousness.

Edited by rideforever

Thank you. What things are in itself is and will stay beyond the reach of our understanding. That is - with one exception! Our own consciousness is what we experience it to be. Is that what you mean?

29 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Thank you. What things are in itself is and will stay beyond the reach of our understanding. That is - with one exception! Our own consciousness is what we experience it to be. Is that what you mean?

We grow in our understanding, we grow in our connection to what-it-is.  Our own consciousness is a very very large journey, containing many states of awakening and surrender in multiple dimensions each of which can be independently deepened or integrated and so on.  Thousands of years of work.  Maybe millions.   Maybe this is what never ends.
For a human being that is lost in the mental disturbances, and fragmentation, he has particular work to do in order to reach sanity and come out of the false self; until he does that he cannot see straight.   He must separate himself from the automatic thoughts and self-image, and connect himself to part of his true identity with the help of a guide that transmits both the energetic state and also practical guidance of some form.
The inside and the outside ... these things can be bridged ... "oneness" is were you feel in a safe place outside of the mind and then have a new relationship with the world, but a lot further down the line you apparently feel like the world is contained within you, you are merged with it in activity.   Also you have a different sense of who you are, a very different sense of it - it is partly universal, partly personal, really many things.  A great deal of time is spent to feel what one becomes so that one can try to understand such changes and their meaning ... this takes a long time.  To grow spirituality takes time, and then to understand what happened takes a long time to integrate into oneself.

Human beings cannot see "outside" of Nature.

Everything the human is and does is happening in Nature.

And no human can even see all of Nature or how all of Nature "works".

Tao is the way of all phenomena or happenings, something like "the way things happen".

Even "un-natural" things - everything - meaning things we can perceive and know, and things we can never perceive or know.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

It's very interesting because in each moment there is the possibility to become a bridge ... if there is something to be done, or learnt, or acted upon, or loved ... one can do that in a perfect way and then it is like lightning flashing across two plates.   That is the perfect line between life, carving straight through butter.
And we can learn to feel that, it's quite amazing.
Every moment this "work" can be done.
What is it that this moment is asking of me ?

2 hours ago, wandelaar said:

5) Or is a fundamental indeterminacy (or if you want: creativity) an essential part of Tao?

You are again projecting a particular wrong Western symmetric math worldview onto Daoism - "chance events" assumes a symmetric math since the Wavefunction of the Schroedinger equation is only "after" the collapse of the nonlocal quantum phase which is actually deterministic. This is proven by Yakir Aharonov's recent "weak measurements" of entangled photons in the double slit experiment, as I've already cited.

So mathematically this is modeled by the de Broglie Law of Phase Harmony which is relativistic quantum science - not just quantum science. As for the "measurement problem" of science that requires a linear time causality - this is overcome by meditation not relying on an external measurement but rather internal measurement as logical inference or listening that is faster than time-frequency uncertainty.

The "creativity" means we can "see" the "outcome" while in left-brain dominance. While in right brain dominance we can have precognitive visions as the light is "emptied out" aka the phase is reversed into the "super momentum" or superluminal phase that is relativistic mass - what qigong master Yan Xin called the "virtual information field."

So you can find this described for example in the biography of the most famous Living Buddha of Thailand, Master Phra Acharn Mun. His meditation partner was levitating but as soon as he became aware he was meditating (left brain dominance) then he fall back down. So he had to develop his prajna (right brain wisdom light) aka nirvikalpa samadhi to maintain his levitation.

Qigong master Jim Nance also describes this:

If I inhale and exhale and be more objective, not so subjectively pulled into the experience, it would be like taking a snap-shot, looking at the snap-shot, keeping it steady while I was breathing. I could then keep my focus on something for an extended period of time. All I had to do was wait and the energy would shift on its own.

Qigong master Jim Nance

So this is what science calls the Quantum Zeno Effect.

And if you can hear qigong Jim Nance tonight for a special Free Qi-talk! http://guidingqi.com

ae878c5d-6f06-4d77-ae74-147dc1bc9040-3e4

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

meditation partner was levitating but as soon as he became aware he was meditating (left brain dominance) then he fall back down.

This is what truly happens.

So people need to understand things like hormone levels and balance in brain hemispheric dominance, cortisol, etc, and maybe read Julian Jaynes book - and then start looking at thing like "circumcision" for what they really are - human engineering or hormonal bias enacted at specific stages of development.

-VonKranknehaus

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Qigong master Jim Nance also describes this:

If I inhale and exhale and be more objective, not so subjectively pulled into the experience, it would be like taking a snap-shot, looking at the snap-shot, keeping it steady while I was breathing. I could then keep my focus on something for an extended period of time. All I had to do was wait and the energy would shift on its own.

This also like the clock experiment in the book "Stalking The Wild Pendulum".

That goes something like this:

You put a mechanical clock, one with visible second hand going around, in front of you, off center from field of view.

You look straight ahead, no focus on anything, but eyes open, and still seeing clock in side of vision, seeing second hand going.

Then, in your mind, think of something you know and like a lot - some place maybe - and you really get into it as deep as possible.

You keep clock in your vision, but never focus on it or think about it. It is just there, going.

You stay in thinking, really get into it.

You may notice the clock has stopped.

If you can stay like this, you can have a day in your thought, or longer, but use no time as experienced in the room you are in or on clocks, etc.

The instant you "look" for or at the clock, to "see" (know) if it stopped, it starts again.

Anything other than what you were getting into in thought - the clock starts again.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

This also like the clock experiment in the book "Stalking The Wild Pendulum".

That goes something like this:

You put a mechanical clock, one with visible second hand going around, in front of you, off center from field of view.

You look straight ahead, no focus on anything, but eyes open, and still seeing clock in side of vision, seeing second hand going.

Then, in your mind, think of something you know and like a lot - some place maybe - and you really get into it as deep as possible.

You keep clock in your vision, but never focus on it or think about it. It is just there, going.

You stay in thinking, really get into it.

You may notice the clock has stopped.

If you can stay like this, you can have a day in your thought, or longer, but use no time as experienced in the room you are in or on clocks, etc.

The instant you "look" for or at the clock, to "see" (know) if it stopped, it starts again.

Anything other than what you were getting into in thought - the clock starts again.

-VonKrankenhaus

HA, this has happened to me, sometimes I would look to the second hand (perhaps off center from field of view as you say) and I could swear it stopped, that is a slightly longer second but also physical stop of the hand (tenths or hundredths of a second).

10 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

HA, this has happened to me, sometimes I would look to the second hand (perhaps off center from field of view as you say) and I could swear it stopped,

Yes.

And if you try this not with a clock but with a sound, like dripping water, or a music playing, you will find something interesting.

It is very difficult compared to the clock.

This is showing something about the brain and about sound.

Sound is a deeper function. Evolved earlier.

Deeper connection to body existence to be overcome by mind. Listening is older than Looking.

Usually requires more "focus" than stopping the clock.

More "focus" means less impairments of function and thinking - more "ability".

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

This is what truly happens.

So people need to understand things like hormone levels and balance in brain hemispheric dominance, cortisol, etc, and maybe read Julian Jaynes book - and then start looking at thing like "circumcision" for what they really are - human engineering or hormonal bias enacted at specific stages of development.

-VonKranknehaus

I had to read Julian Jaynes for a graduate class - he was a racist.

Dr. Leonard Schlain argued circumcision was so the male would "last longer" for the female but - I guess that's off topic.

5 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

And if you try this not with a clock but with a sound, like dripping water, or a music playing, you will find something interesting.

It is very difficult compared to the clock.

My understanding is that a human evolved into its current semi-consciousness through the development of vision and it is why you can do this trick with vision but not sound.
The "mind" is actually the "mind" of vision,meaning it is an intelligence that is designed primarily to process visual perception, however it has some flexibility so it can be used to process other things generally ... so on the spiritual path you are repurposing the tool that was originally designed to bring intelligence to visual perception.
And why did this are develop most quickly ?  Probably due to it leading to physical survival.
So I have been informed.

13 hours ago, rideforever said:

My understanding is that a human evolved into its current semi-consciousness through the development of vision and it is why you can do this trick with vision but not sound.
The "mind" is actually the "mind" of vision,meaning it is an intelligence that is designed primarily to process visual perception, however it has some flexibility so it can be used to process other things generally ... so on the spiritual path you are repurposing the tool that was originally designed to bring intelligence to visual perception.
And why did this are develop most quickly ?  Probably due to it leading to physical survival.
So I have been informed.

I empathize with you're goal of "repourpsoing the tool" but you have it turned around. 25 reasons why listening is more primary than vision.

1) Primates in the forest - we actually originate with sound as our dominant perception not vision. Chimpanzees for example are no proven to vocalize language to each other.

2) So for example 3D perception is not dominant in the forest but instead listening it.

3) The shrew - that mammals are from - the tree shrew has its jaw bone as what is now our inner ear.

4) This means our third eye or pineal gland "smiles" via our inner ears.

5) The two ears are phase coherent as quantum coherence just as smell is proven to be quantum nonlocal perception.

6) So for example a runner starts a race with a sound, not a visual signal - because as primates our auditory cortex is much closer to the motor cortex - the same as found in birds (that also can do synchronized dancing).

7) So actually the cerebellum has a larger cortex in ratio to the total size versus the cortex size of the cerebrum.

8) The cerebellum controls both our motions and our emotions through synchronized sound perception as phase coherence.

9) It's proven that humans hear faster than time-frequency or Fourier Uncertainty.

10) Science defines time as a visual measurement but humans actually hear faster than the technology that is created that measures time since such technology uses a linear operator with a geometric definition of time.

11) So reality, as defined by music theory through listening, relies on complementary opposites that overlap in time - the future guides the past and this can be listened to through perception.

12) So the highest pitch we hear externally then resonates the brain internally as ultrasound which creates electromagnetic amplification of the neurons made of microtubules, 3000 times greater than any other frequency. So indeed listening to sound activates the quantum nonlocal coherence of formless awareness.

13) In a quiet room we can hear at the sub-angstrom wavelength - we can hear smaller than the diameter of an atom.

14) A light wavelength that we see is much larger than our ability to listen and therefore listening perception is more primary than vision.

15) But since we left the forest - then with agriculture, archaeologists discovered what they call "The symbolic revolution."

This "symbolic revolution" put visual perception as considered to be primary with visual forms then created that were anthropocentric for the first time in human biological history and an emphasis on rectilinear geometry that could "contain" infinity.

16) So instead of infinity being defined as formless awareness from listening to time, it became defined as a materialistic idealism with time transferred to a visual measurement as ritual geometry.

17) So this then became a bias of science that originated from religion of sacred geometry - starting with the "squaring of the circle" to center the wheels for chariots and to convert the circular Lunar altars into the same area as the solar square altars.

18) Music training on an instrument - from before the age of 7, is the only human training that significantly increases the corpus callosum to then connect the right and left sides of the brain.

19) Now we realize music listening activates the deep parts of the brain so that deep memories are activated along with the ability to synchronize body-mind movements.

20) So for example if a person has a stroke, they can still sing their words even though they can't speak - showing that the linguistic cognition abilities are not dependent on the physical ability to talk.

21) The right brain dominance of music perception - listening to frequency - with the right ear - is proven to then synchronize the left side of the brain.

22) The right side vagus nerve connects to the left side of the brain whereas the left side of the brain vagus nerve does NOT connect to the right side of the brain.

23) Therefore the left brain bias of visual perception cuts off humans from their lower body emotional blockages that are healed by the right side vagus nerve.

24) So the visual bias of left brain dominance and right hand dominance inherently goes against the ecological balance of right brain dominance of acoustic ecology.

25) Ultrasound is the highest pitch heard externally but ultrasound internally activates proprioception, the "sixth sense" that coordinates and transposes the other senses. For example Special forces uses "The Brainport" based on ultrasound to be able to see with the tongue (taste), etc.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Ultrasound

Who will live longest and best, a monkey with no eyes, or one with no ears.   The answer is clear.
The volume of information conveyed to us through light is staggeringly enormous, ears not in the same ballpark.
(unless you are Zatoichi !!! but even he had eyes, in the end)
I enjoy doing meditations involving sound, they are very relaxing and take you inside the head, and it's all very nice.
But light is the mainsense  through which our consciousness seems to have developed, that's why eyes are on the front of the head, and why there are so many chakras around them ... on the front of the head about 7 depending on who's counting.   It's also why the golden flower turns the light around.   
How many chakras near the ears ?  Only energy gates not true chakras.
Anyway, you can meditate very effectively using the ears if you wish.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, wandelaar said:

1) No, it makes the laws of nature possible

2) Tao is beyond conceptual knowledge with a huge pinch of magic.

3)Yes

4) That is the mystery upon mystery, many things can unfold we can change things before they happen or influence the outcome of an event by just observing. mostly magic the conceptual, rational mind hates that with passion.

5) the creative and receptive need to join forces the answer is yes and yes, yes and no, no and no but mostly could be yes or no

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Maybe some Bum could try to answer my topic questions?

On 11/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, wandelaar said:

1. Dao is akin to emptiness.   An empty mental concept of a non-mental state.   Laws of nature are a part of dualistic mindset.  The two are separate till they merge as One non-separation. 

2. Kind of both/and.   It is beyond our mind to describe till we find that space to describe it.  If there is no separation, how can we not describe it?  While we think within the space of descriptions, we cannot describe it.

3. Dao is the black box for form... so formless, or empty of mindfulness ideas... till one realizes:  Form = Void

4. Dao allows everying to flow according to their own nature.  So Dao is not influencing the outcome but can know the outcome. 

5. Dao lets life unfold, as it wants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Who will live longest and best, a monkey with no eyes, or one with no ears.   The answer is clear.
The volume of information conveyed to us through light is staggeringly enormous, ears not in the same ballpark.
(unless you are Zatoichi !!! but even he had eyes, in the end)
I enjoy doing meditations involving sound, they are very relaxing and take you inside the head, and it's all very nice.
But light is the mainsense  through which our consciousness seems to have developed, that's why eyes are on the front of the head, and why there are so many chakras around them ... on the front of the head about 7 depending on who's counting.   It's also why the golden flower turns the light around.   
How many chakras near the ears ?  Only energy gates not true chakras.
Anyway, you can meditate very effectively using the ears if you wish.

You can be deaf but still listen and you can be blind but still see - because you listen to the sounds inside your brain and see what you imagine. It is proven that the images we perceive are first influenced by the sounds we hear. So written language is universal guided by the "sounds" of the words. certain words "sound" round or "sound" other visual forms. It's proven that our subconscious values sounds FIRST to then imagine the visual form. Imagine you are in the forest and blind - you hear a sound. You're brain will translate that into an image based on the sound BEFORE you actually see it (or even if you never see it). And again you're reaction to sound is much faster than your reaction to vision.

So to define perception as external is silly. It's well known that what we perceive as external reality actually happens in the PAST.

So with our eyes open - it's well known that our subconscious is in control and our vision is controlled by our lower emotions. This is why if a male sees an evocative image then when he dreams at night his vision will become "real" and he will lose his life force while he is "seeing" what he imagines in his mind.

But if you learn to focus on the source of the vision then it is from proprioception through internal listening.

This is why it is required to do standing active exercises (trance dancing) to empty out the conceptual mind of what a person perceived externally - and instead LISTEN to the source of external perceptions. This occurs through both ultrasound and infrasound - the ELF schumann resonance as the alpha-theta brain waves of the right side vagus nerve (that connects to the right side of the heart).

So perception is actually from formless awareness that is the 5th dimension and so stores the future perceptions as overlapping with the past - through the magnetic moment or nonlocal quantum spin between the electron and proton.

The electron is much much smaller than the photon but ultrasound resonates proteins and neurons through the collagen of microtubules.

So ultrasound as I said has 3000 times greater electromagnetic energy than any other frequency because of quantum coherence since the microtubules are only 6 times bigger than the tubulin.

I'll post you an image so you can understand this easier - this is the secret of complementary opposites as non-local formless awareness.

image021.png

So this is activated by ultrasound with the greatest electromagnetic energy. From this process of superluminal phase waves (aka acoustic phonon oscillations) then a holographic reality is created.

supperradiant photons, generated inside the coherence domains, to have a wavelength much smaller than the length of a moderately sized microtubule in brain - the characteristic of a negative refractive index, in which the generation of evanescent photons is enhanced, and they can propagate lossless inside the neurons - the guided readout wave propagates in the same direction as the reference wave during recording as shown in Fig.3. It is diffracted by the hologram structure and the object field can be reconstructed. This is the mechanism of holographic memory of the brain.

I can close my eyes and cease all input of light.  If only I could as readily close my ears and stop the input of sound for but a moment of true silence, in which to saturate...

Ears are always on, while eyes completely shut down regularly.

When working with Wang Li Ping... the most challenging aspect of turning within for me, without a doubt is to turn hearing within.

Think about how often in your life, you hear something approaching, and then turn to see what the potential incoming natural force may be...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I can close my eyes and cease all input of light.  If only I could as readily close my ears and stop the input of sound for but a moment of true silence, in which to saturate...

Ears are always on, while eyes completely shut down regularly.

When working with Wang Li Ping... the most challenging aspect of turning within for me, without a doubt is to turn hearing within.

Think about how often in your life, you hear something approaching, and then turn to see what the potential incoming natural force may be...

yes science has proven that hearing is the last perception to go before final death - that's how scientists prove if someone is dead. And of course the Tibetan book of the dead is read outloud to the dead. But science can now use MRIs to prove a person who is in a coma without any external perceptions (apparently) STILL is responding internally in their brain to external sounds! So this has caused people to not get the plug pulled on them.

Also if we constantly empty out the left brain source of thoughts - as the source of the I-thought - then our dreams become lucid. While we are dreaming suddenly we will empty out our visual dream realm into the source of the I-thought. Whereas if we rely on external vision as sound - (i.e. written language) this is very difficult while dreaming because written language is such a superficial level of perception. This is similar to keeping "time" with your hands. Try keeping a steady beat with your left hand while the right hand does a syncopated rhythm. No problem. Now try reversing that - the right hand can not keep a steady beat. Why? Our sense of time is actually a deeper perception of rhythm via the vagus nerve and the cerebellum. So while vision crosses the brain wiring via the cerebellum - hearing is the opposite.

This is why in Daoist alchemy the left ear is Yuan Qi as the tiger's roar (or yang qi) while the right ear is the yin qi as the dragon's humming. But the left eye is the yin qi as the dragon and the right eye is the yang qi. So the eyes are reversed because when we CLOSE the eyes then we "turn the light around" and listen to the source of the Light.

So if you read notes on Daoist alchemy this secret is given - to SEE with the EARS and the hear with the eyes. It sounds very mysterious but actually if we understand the vagus nerve connection to the right side of the brain with the ear as being vagus nerve dominant then it makes sense. For example when we get the chills or tingles from listening to music - that means the vagus nerve has been activated that increases dopamine levels. that's the limit of Western music unless you get slower BPM as trance music that synchronizes the heart - so like 60 beats per minute - that increases the alpha serotonin (the secret of right brain memorization).

I will quote a Tibetan medical doctor that emphasizes this secret.

Tibetan medical doctor listening secret

The ear collect the spiraling energy from the cosmos, this energy gives life to man, and we see this vitality in the light which shines forth from our eyes. Tibetan medical doctor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

If only I could as readily close my ears and stop the input of sound for but a moment of true silence, in which to saturate...

You might want to check out if there's any anechoic chamber near you that you can visit:

You would think that a place so quiet would also be peaceful. But for those who spend any time in there, it is far from the case. Gopal often gives visitors to Microsoft a tour of the audio laboratories, which includes a trip inside the anechoic chamber – and most find the experience very uncomfortable. “Some people want out within a few seconds,” he confides. “They say they just can’t be in there. It unsettles almost everybody. They can hear people breathing on the other side of the room and hear stomachs gurgling. A small number of people feel dizzy.”

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170526-inside-the-quietest-place-on-earth

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

This is similar to keeping "time" with your hands. Try keeping a steady beat with your left hand while the right hand does a syncopated rhythm. No problem. Now try reversing that - the right hand can not keep a steady beat.

I've just tried this and it can be done with the right hand, it actually seems easier than left. Have you tried it?

bow stance moving forward hit LDT with closed fist right hand and left back of hand (open) hits ming men gate then moving backwards switch left closed fist LTD left open back hand right hits ming men gate repeat 32 times.

This is like patting your head and rubbing your belly.