After reading them, I'm wondering what, if any, similar material I could use for cross referencing. His notions make sense and, for the most part, seem to fit with what I've experienced. I'm not sure how I feel about the spiritual "school" that he describes Earth to be.

Edited by TooConvenient
Comes across to be too nihilistic.

Have you looked into the works of Emanuel Swedenborg?  The Life Elysian by Robert James Lees is also good. Oh! and Michael Roads's Journey into Nature.

I hadn't heard of Michael Newton before, but interested in hearing some modern accounts of non-bodily memory.

I even lucked out and can listen to Journey of Souls online:
http://youtu.be/oLAOOElNUlk

http://youtu.be/ozy885cpulM

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 9:17 PM, Nintendao said:

Have you looked into the works of Emanuel Swedenborg?  The Life Elysian by Robert James Lees is also good. Oh! and Michael Roads's Journey into Nature.

I hadn't heard of Michael Newton before, but interested in hearing some modern accounts of non-bodily memory.

I even lucked out and can listen to Journey of Souls online:
http://youtu.be/oLAOOElNUlk

http://youtu.be/ozy885cpulM

I'd love to read what you think of the book once you've finished. I haven't heard of these authors but I'll start reading these books immediately. Would you have a suggestion of where to start with Swedenborg?

Edited by TooConvenient

Journey of Souls is great the way it's all presented just so matter-of-fact, almost like talking about heaven as if it was just another day at the office! Not to belittle it at all, but it's refreshing. What I find particularly valuable is the fact that it is not just one person's account, but many different experiences. They show similarity but from different points of view, depending on their personality. It's reassuring that all consciousnesses do have access to this level of existence, wherever it all is actually coming from or not. This really encouraged me to put down pursuit of more mundane or meaningless things in this lifetime, and focus on ways to hopefully glimpse such other places more directly.

It had the same effect on me. It did leave me with a few questions, however.

For example, one of the stories was of a soul that was to soothe a baby through an abortion. This implies that human bodies existed independently from the souls that now influence them. If the Masters know that a certain infant is doomed, what karmic benefits come from sending a soul to that body? Who/what benefits from such a tragedy?

Does the same "force of nature" that influences natural selection on the physical plane which results in vessels for which our souls to inhabit and grow through also direct the production and education of the souls themselves from the higher realms?

It is suggested that contacting your guide may help you understand what experiences you incarnated to learn from. But, some experiences are meant to be learned from without any conscious foreknowledge. What happens if you miss the opportunity to learn those experiences? How would you know?

Edited by TooConvenient

Perhaps a strictly prenatal incarnation is a particularly potent form of life lesson, of ultimate pure potential yet utterly unfulfillable. It feels tragic from our mortal perspective, but I can only hope there's some reconciliation to be viewed from a more causal realm. An immortal soul might long to experience an undiluted form of only the most fundamental human animating forces.

There's something strangely wholesome about never even getting the opportunity to engage in selfish behavior, even truly innocent motives of an infant such as hunger or security. I have a hunch that in the unfolding of a more run-of-the-mill lifetime, missed experiences will show up again later, with varying intensity, until eventually it hits like a ton of bricks. There's both good and bad aspects to it, but probably the best bet would have been to not cling or resist too rigidly any one ideal or other. Not necessarily an easy feat! 

I get really tripped up thinking about karma, not wanting to limit it to a Newtonian cause-and-effect scenario. Same with reincarnation, since lower-dimensional delineations like self vs other and before vs after keep getting in the way.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, Nintendao said:

Journey of Souls is great the way it's all presented just so matter-of-fact, almost like talking about heaven as if it was just another day at the office! Not to belittle it at all, but it's refreshing. What I find particularly valuable is the fact that it is not just one person's account, but many different experiences. They show similarity but from different points of view, depending on their personality. It's reassuring that all consciousnesses do have access to this level of existence, wherever it all is actually coming from or not. This really encouraged me to put down pursuit of more mundane or meaningless things in this lifetime, and focus on ways to hopefully glimpse such other places more directly.

Personally, I found the sections on "The Advanced Soul" and "Selection" to be particularly interesting as the process resonated with me even though some of the details didn't. Unfortunately, as the author duly noted, there was understandably very little about the advanced soul since those types are clearly not inclined to come in for hypnotherapy. Hence, despite the various points of view, most of the perspectives are from the lower levels of spiritual development and thus everything is somewhat skewed downward. Nonetheless, it was interesting.

Particularly riveting were some of his conclusions --- especially the parts about the hierarchy of spiritual worlds which raises the possibility that a less-than-perfect God of a particular universe might indeed be a soul-in-training. The hierarchy resonated with me completely though, once again, I must think more about some of the details.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 2:41 PM, TooConvenient said:

It had the same effect on me. It did leave me with a few questions, however.

For example, one of the stories was of a soul that was to soothe a baby through an abortion. This implies that human bodies existed independently from the souls that now influence them. If the Masters know that a certain infant is doomed, what karmic benefits come from sending a soul to that body? Who/what benefits from such a tragedy?

Does the same "force of nature" that influences natural selection on the physical plane which results in vessels for which our souls to inhabit and grow through also direct the production and education of the souls themselves from the higher realms?

It is suggested that contacting your guide may help you understand what experiences you incarnated to learn from. But, some experiences are meant to be learned from without any conscious foreknowledge. What happens if you miss the opportunity to learn those experiences? How would you know?

The implication "that human bodies existed independently from the souls that now influence them" also left me with questions similar to yours. I must ponder that more. There were other questions raised with me that are consistent with what you wrote.

• Like 1