Sign in to follow this  
mwight

BBC: The Illusion Of Reality

Thanks!

That was great i saw so much Daoist creation and theories and principles in that documentry also maybe this accounts to people like john chang seeing yin energy which is the opposite of the physcial atom or what we see as Ghost or spirits?

WYG

john chang seeing yin energy which is the opposite of the physcial atom or what we see as Ghost or spirits?

I dont think what pak jhon described as ghostworld or yinlike phenomena are meant here with the mirrored world of antimatter talked about in the docu. Then again its a long time ago i saw this docu, should check em again.

Cheers

I dont think what pak jhon described as ghostworld or yinlike phenomena are meant here with the mirrored world of antimatter talked about in the docu. Then again its a long time ago i saw this docu, should check em again.

Cheers

I think ghosts are tied more towards gravitational energies, infrasonic sound frequencies, and ultraviolet light.

I don't think ghosts are related to antimatter.

Yeah, i was just trying to put something together regarding Yin Yang Gong of John Chang and how he can see yin Qi and ghost.

cheers

WYG

The implications of what are expressed in this video are absolutely mind boggling.

That there are two infinities, negative and positive. Each mirror images of one another.

Everything that ever is was or could be, and their mirror opposites.

If they ever collide then there would be, absolutely nothing.

Edited by mwight

John Chang says if both yin and yang forces combine in the body that at this level people have died i think ist combining yin yang gong level 3 or 4?

So this is what i was trying to understand!!!

Yes, thanks for uploading the video.

It's about quantum theory and the behaviour of the electron. It discusses concepts such as the interaction of a particle (Yang) and its antiparticle (Yin) where both annihilate each other and produce energy.

However the thing that I found most interesting was the concept of emptiness, and which has been described mainly in Taoism and Buddhism:

We put thirty spokes together and call it a wheel;

But it is on the space where there is nothing that the usefulness of the wheel depends.

We turn clay to make a vessel;

But it is on the space where there is nothing that the usefulness of the vessel depends.

We pierce doors and windows to make a house;

And it is on these spaces where there is nothing that the usefulness of the house depends.

Therefore just as we take advantage of what is, we should recognize the usefulness of what is not. (chap. 11, tr. Waley)

Philosophical vacuity is a common theme among Asian wisdom traditions including Taoism (especially Wu wei "effortless action"), Buddhism, and some aspects of Confucianism. One could interpret the Tao Te Ching as a suite of variations on the "Powers of Nothingness". This resonates with the Buddhist Shunyata philosophy of "form is emptiness, emptiness is form."

In quantum electrodynamics a vacuum is not a place where nothing exists and nothing happens...instead it's full of stuff and it's heaving with activity. Hence emptiness is just a metaphor to express the Yin side of reality. :)

I can see now how quantum theory and Eastern spirituality are getting closer.

Edit:

I found a very interesting page that is basically derived from the enlightened Plato's Myth of the cave:

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1381...ategory=Science

Allegory of the cave:

zy6gbo.jpg

Imagine prisoners, who have been chained since their childhood deep inside a cave: not only are their limbs immobilized by the chains; their heads are chained in one direction as well so that their gaze is fixed on a wall.

Behind the prisoners is an enormous fire, and between the fire and the prisoners is a raised walkway, along which puppets of various animals, plants, and other things are moved along. The puppets cast shadows on the wall, and the prisoners watch these shadows. When one of the puppet-carriers speaks, an echo against the wall causes the prisoners to believe that the words come from the shadows.

The prisoners engage in what appears to us to be a game: naming the shapes as they come by. This, however, is the only reality that they know, even though they are seeing merely shadows of objects. They are thus conditioned to judge the quality of one another by their skill in quickly naming the shapes and dislike those who play poorly.

Suppose a prisoner is released and compelled to stand up and turn around. At that moment his eyes will be blinded by the sunlight coming into the cave from its entrance, and the shapes passing by will appear less real than their shadows.

The last object he would be able to see is the sun, which, in time, he would learn to see as the object that provides the seasons and the courses of the year, presides over all things in the visible region, and is in some way the cause of all these things that he has seen.

(This part of the allegory, incidentally, closely relates to Plato's metaphor of the sun which occurs near the end of The Republic, Book VI.)[1]

Once enlightened, so to speak, the freed prisoner would not want to return to the cave to free "his fellow bondsmen," but would be compelled to do so. Another problem lies in the other prisoners not wanting to be freed: descending back into the cave would require that the freed prisoner's eyes adjust again, and for a time, he would be one of the ones identifying shapes on the wall. His eyes would be swamped by the darkness, and would take time to become acclimated. Therefore, he would not be able to identify the shapes on the wall as well as the other prisoners, making it seem as if his being taken to the surface completely ruined his eyesight. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave)

Plato = :) A kind of Buddha = ;)

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Plato's cave is an interesting one.

Some scientists have managed to turn around briefly to catch glimpses of the sun's light. Some occasionally break free to run madly up on the surface for a short while, staring into God's face, manically scratching his image into the soil with sticks. All they return with to the cave is a bag of dirt and stories.

Some have quite big bags, others have their images preserved in shallow trays, but all have only their own translation of what they have seen.

It is only when the occasional cave dweller looks at the smudges in the dirt and sees that the Way of the scientist can only ever be the Way of the translator .

She realizes what feels like chains around her body are actually the bond of kinship between her own shadow and the shadows she sees upon the wall.

She returns inward to dissolve herself of the ability to cast such a shadow, and confronts a problem; How can she exist, here in front of the blazing fire, without her resulting shadow?

If she were void, yes, there would be no communion between her shadow and the wall's ones but there would also be no her. Why does she find herself wanting to free of the bonds if the only answer to this request is self-annihilation.

There must be another way she thinks to herself. Suddenly there is a different kind of light that appears to her in the cave. A brightness, an infinite spec that grows to the size of a grain of rice.

She realizes that this is the way as she feels the chains begin to dissolve.

She realizes that there is no sun that she need break free to look for. That she is growing a sun within herself.

soon its light will outshine the fire, soon it will blaze like the one the prophets and scientists, all translators, have spoken of.

There will be no shadows around her.

She needs no dirt to scrawl in as she will carry the true light within her own eyes to the other cave dwellers, still chained and motionless.

Anyone seen "what the bleep - down the rabbit hole"?

If not, see them :-)

A lot of quantum theory and other things... we live in an amazing world(and universe!), that's for sure!

To mess with Bohr's quotation,

When it comes to the Tao, words can only be used as poetry :)

What the bleep do we know was cool. You should be able to find it at the video store! Also, for a layperson oriented presentation of string theory, check out Greene's The Elegant Universe, you can see it free at www.pbs.org. I thought his second book Fabric of the Cosmos was pretty good too in describing/relating the Higgs field as a field which, at its most stable, allows positive an negative energy to be realized; also that which gives inertia. He describes it as nonzero, but if you think of zero as the middle...I keep an eye on the physics sites upon occasion, wonder if a higgs particle will be detected by the LHC? (if I'm thinking of the correct accelerator...)

You've gotta wonder when they'll get around to addressing consciousness :lol:

Edited by joeblast

Hey Joe,

Maybe you could start a new Topic on how the Big Bang and Taoist theories combine, like the Tao gave birth to the one etc etc?

I think we really need a deep discussion on the beginning /creation in a Taoist point of view and broken it right down into plasma, and all the information that we have been watching on these clips.

I simply am not that intelligent but am eager to understand and learn so if drew, yourself, mwight and others as these guys are very deep could start a new thread on the creation and how it all fits into Taoist philosphy and theoires?

Would be great to read and collect information on this?!

Regards

WYG

Hey Joe,

Maybe you could start a new Topic on how the Big Bang and Taoist theories combine, like the Tao gave birth to the one etc etc?

I think we really need a deep discussion on the beginning /creation in a Taoist point of view and broken it right down into plasma, and all the information that we have been watching on these clips.

I simply am not that intelligent but am eager to understand and learn so if drew, yourself, mwight and others as these guys are very deep could start a new thread on the creation and how it all fits into Taoist philosphy and theoires?

Would be great to read and collect information on this?!

Regards

WYG

Go for it, man! I'm no expert on either, though I certainly know a lot more about the modern science than how taoism speaks to the origins of the universe...of which I know next to nil :)

As far as plasma, that's only a 4th state of matter where the energies are high enough for the electrons to become unbounded from the atomic nuclei. At higher energies, nuclei should disjoin, higher, protons & neutrons lose their cohesion and separate into component quarks...and if string theory is (at least partially) correct then I think quarks would likely be just string vibrations.

Sign in to follow this