Cameron

Kunlun New Jersey Workshop

I just signed up for the NJ workshop and now I read that the 5 element standing might be taught!! <_<:lol:

I totally flunked it my first time and haven't been practicing it... If Max skips it, it's fine with Yoda! We'll fill in our taobum pals after class! (Unlike Kunlun, it requires this thing called "work". :lol: )

hi everybody,

just a thought ... i dont know if i could actually afford it but i think about it seriously.

in case i had the money to fly from europe to the new jersey workshop.

would there be an opportunity to sleep somewhere? i am very easy to handle person. i just need a small space to sleep and thats it. not even a bed. i would bring everything along. i dont know if i could afford the whole thing also paying expensive hotels ... the flight from europe will be already a lot.

i could also pay for a room if you know something but not as much as a hotel (i think they charge about 70 to 150 to 200 dollars a night).

i would come maybe 1 day before and leave shortly after.

would i have to fly into new york airport or is there another airport closer?

is it easy to come from new york airport to the place where the seminar will be?

love jan.

Edited by jan1107

I just signed up for the NJ workshop and now I read that the 5 element standing might be taught!! <_<:lol:

I totally flunked it my first time and haven't been practicing it... If Max skips it, it's fine with Yoda! We'll fill in our taobum pals after class! (Unlike Kunlun, it requires this thing called "work". :lol: )

Would be nice to review it. Only thing if there are alot of beginners there might be too streneous and better Max just teaches I Jong.

My vote would be to relearn Maoshan 5 though, I only remember like a couple of the postures and forgot the order to practice them. I do I Jong pretty regulalry.

hi everybody,

just a thought ... i dont know if i could actually afford it but i think about it seriously.

in case i had the money to fly from europe to the new jersey workshop.

would there be an opportunity to sleep somewhere? i am very easy to handle person. i just need a small space to sleep and thats it. not even a bed. i would bring everything along. i dont know if i could afford the whole thing also paying expensive hotels ... the flight from europe will be already a lot.

i could also pay for a room if you know something but not as much as a hotel (i think they charge about 70 to 100 dollars a night).

i would come maybe 1 day before and leave shortly after.

would i have to fly into new york airport or is there another airport closer?

is it easy to come from new york airport to the place where the seminar will be?

love jan.

You realize Max will be doing a 2 month European tour after NJ right?

I am curious to learn the Pheonix too, this sounds similar to some practices I already do. If you begin to see a gold circle above the eyes, (with eyes closed) and experience intense tingling bliss at the third eye, then I know and practice this but would like the specifics of RP.

Edited by Xienkula1

Would be nice to review it. Only thing if there are alot of beginners there might be too streneous and better Max just teaches I Jong.

My vote would be to relearn Maoshan 5 though, I only remember like a couple of the postures and forgot the order to practice them. I do I Jong pretty regulalry.

You realize Max will be doing a 2 month European tour after NJ right?

hi cameron,

thanks. yes i know. but i saw that there are "cheap" flights for that weekend. max is even coming to the city i live here in europe and of course i will go there. but i thought that new york is much cheaper to go than california.

but it is just a mindgame so far.

maybe you will fly to europe to go to the seminar (just kidding). would be nice to meet some of you guys.

love jan.

Ok :)

I can't make it to Europe but that would be awesome I am sure.

I guess if he is coming to your city not that big a deal to make it to NJ? That's alot of flying since he's coming to you.

But that is some serious dedication if you make it, good luck!

Hi jan,

Just wanted to add if you do make it to NJ your welcome to stay with Yoda and I. We are getting a room at the hotel Max is doing the workshop. So, if your comfortable sleeping in a sleeping bag or whatever that's cool with Yoda and I.

We are staying Friday night and Saturday night checking out Sunday.

Cam

Yes, five elements is great, it makes me feel very solid. You can even work on the Individual postures alone if you feel you need to strengthen a certain aspect of yourself.

Yoda is being sarchastic. He doesn't want to do 5 elements standing. He is all about the niwan development and tripping out.

But folks like me who appreciate being centered and grounded would really like it if we could review Mao Shan 5 again.

I'm in Warwick, NY. About 8 miles north of where the old Tai Chi Farm used to be. About an hour away from the workshop location. I've got a couple of extra bedrooms if someone needs a place to crash for the weekend.

Five postures don't seem like a lot to remember. In my experience most have more problems with the monotony of standing for an hour or so than the actual physical endurance needed. I've seen guys come in off the street and do an hour of zhan zhuang without a lot of difficulty.

I Jong = intentiion post??

What Max calles I Jong is just simple standing with arms releaxed at the sides.

Most of the 5 Elements postures the arms are raised. They are pretty easy to learn but when I learned them I was still going through a really intense time from the initial Kunlun practice/transmission. I had way too much energy in my system, only sleeping a couple hrs a night, so just wasn't in a good place to do standing.

Now I sleep atleast 8 hrs a night and stand I Jong pretty regulalry or occasionally do an Yiquan set Ken Cohen teaches.

I do remember the first Mao Shan posture is arms straight out to the sides with palms facing down. Another one the hands are in front of the tan tien etc.

Ok :)

I can't make it to Europe but that would be awesome I am sure.

I guess if he is coming to your city not that big a deal to make it to NJ? That's alot of flying since he's coming to you.

But that is some serious dedication if you make it, good luck!

wow, that is very nice, cameron and yoda.

i will seriously think about that whole thing. i will be knowing more in a week and pm you.

thank you very much!

love jan.

Hi jan,

Just wanted to add if you do make it to NJ your welcome to stay with Yoda and I. We are getting a room at the hotel Max is doing the workshop. So, if your comfortable sleeping in a sleeping bag or whatever that's cool with Yoda and I.

We are staying Friday night and Saturday night checking out Sunday.

Cam

Cool, I think I will look into getting a room at the holiday inn as well...it would be nice to wake up in the morning and be all nice and relaxed and not have to travel :D Not like Scottsdale where I was ~20 minutes away and had to drive like a bat outta hell saturday morning and hope my directions were good! :lol:

Cool, I think I will look into getting a room at the holiday inn as well...it would be nice to wake up in the morning and be all nice and relaxed and not have to travel :D Not like Scottsdale where I was ~20 minutes away and had to drive like a bat outta hell saturday morning and hope my directions were good! :lol:

Oh goodie..that means I have a place to sleep also hee hee hee

wish I could go to meet some of you guys. may 2nd is my birthday too! but my last day of classes are on the 3rd.

till next time!

So Cam and I are throwing a 3am Kunlun party at our room and everyone is invited!! It's a "bring your own body" if you have one. If not, don't sweat it just be there! :lol:

hi cameron and yoda,

if your invitation still counts i just wanted to tell you that i havent booked the flight yet but i am very sure that this might work. i let you know by the end of the week.

love,

jan.

Jan,

Your space is definitely reserved! That would be too fun to have you there!!

Your pal,

Yoda

PS, assuming Cam okays it, the hotel will let us have yet one more in the room so just let us know if anyone else would like to stay at Club Kunlun!

hi yoda and cameron,

ok. the flight is booked. yeah!

i just hope the jetlag will not make me too killing tired.

i will come already on wednesday. maybe i will stay in a cheap hotel near the airport and then come on friday to the holiday inn. funny that they even oficially allow people to sleep additionally in the rooms. cool.

thanks again for the opportunity. i will check for cheap hotels anyway but i think i it will be the most fun to be the two nights together in one room.

see you!

i will also pm you in the next days so you have my email and everything.

love jan.

Jan,

Awesome news!! I'm at kyleb@irdsen at gmail dot com just turn the @ to an a and 8O3-622-O6O6 is my cell. I have a good cell plan, but my roaming charges suck, so I tend not to be chatty on the road. Let me know what your email and cell are so we can stay in touch.

Yoda

So Cam and I are throwing a 3am Kunlun party at our room and everyone is invited!! It's a "bring your own body" if you have one. If not, don't sweat it just be there! :lol:

Please forgive my ignorance but just what is a "Kunlun party?

(Well actually it's just a practice session... I have been known to hyperbole things up a bit on occasion. More than likely we'll all be in bed by 9 and sleep through the 3am appointment. That's the harsh reality of a Max weekend: the pineal gland swells to the size of a basketball and waking up in the middle of the night to practice more becomes a low priority.)