Alright. Here's my updated, clarified position on this. The videos I posted above are not exactly "traditional reiki" (and neither are any of the systems available outside of Japan today). They are however very similar. The point is you don't need to go to a series of expensive seminars to learn how to heal yourself. Metta meditation is a much older and, IMO, more genuine technique that is actually shown to be more effective. And it's free.

Remember: it's all made up. Every idea that is passed between people can never have the true essence of what the idea was trying to capture. Mikao Usui discovered reiki by accident. As soon as he started teaching it it started to become diluted. By the second generation it started to form into systems reminiscent of spiritual pyramid schemes that we have today.

Anyway, I feel like I'm arguing with myself at this point. I love you all. I want you all to realize how powerful you are inside. Be free.

• Like 4

You indeed don't need to go to expensive semminars to learn how to heal yourself. Nor do you need Reiki.

And, not entering on the subject as if "it was all made up" (I again strongly disagree), you should look into the results of your practices.

Most people think they are healing themselves but manage to get no results out of it. So much for how powerful they are.

Measure your healing power through the results you get from using it instead of assuming you are all-powerful just by existing, and this idea of "everyone can heal themselves" shows itself as being very unreal and dissociative.

Then you'll see that expensive semminars may or may not increase your healing power. That practicing this or that healing skill may or may not increase it.

Reiki was very effective for me. I've used it for a lot of things other means (like visualization, hipnosys and even acupuncture) didn't produce results.

You want to get free from the speech of "you need to expend more to become more capable"? I'm all up for that. But do take note of the RESULTS you get from your practices.

You'll probably discover that money indeed doesn't mean quality. Some of the best initiations I've had came from people who didn't charge much for them. A couple even came from free.

But you'll also discover that, many times, this is indeed true. People who are very good at what they do usually have lots of people interested on their craft, and then receive more for passing it to others than people who aren't that good. Or at least that's what I do, since it gives me more finantial capability to learn new things which require money to be learned (even if I'm not paying for a certain course or semminar, I still have to pay for travel, food expenses, habitation expenses, etc).

I also have a phylosophy of offering my services in exchange for other services or plainly doing it for a social price (a small price the person can pay). Many (if not most) of my initiatees came through that, and I have harvested a good amount of good things from that, since gratitude indeed hides debt on its core. Once people feel like they have paid what they own to you, they feel content, not grateful. So I have people expontaneously giving me things out of "gratitude" even today.

So, do consider that. Humans (and the universe in general) aren't made to do things for free. It just isn't how this world operates. We don't need to exchange money, but justice means "a gift asks for other gift". If someone gives you something for free, you'll HAVE to give something back, and that isn't due to societal laws or egocentrism. It's needed to achieve inner balance and balance with the universe itself.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Desmonddf said:

But you'll also discover that, many times, this is indeed true. People who are very good at what they do usually have lots of people interested on their craft....

We don't need to exchange money, but justice means "a gift asks for other gift". If someone gives you something for free, you'll HAVE to give something back, and that isn't due to societal laws or egocentrism. It's needed to achieve inner balance and balance with the universe itself...

People who are good at marketing also get lots of people interested in their services. Do whatever you need to do to justify your business. I just can't advocate charging money for something that can easily be learned by yourself in less than an hour.

I'd also like to emphasize that every reiki teacher I've talked to and every reiki book I've read have stated that it is a natural ability that everyone has.

Edited by moraldilemma
yes
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, moraldilemma said:

People who are good at marketing also get lots of people interested in their services. Do whatever you need to do to justify your business. I just can't advocate charging money for something that can easily be learned by yourself in less than an hour.

I'd also like to emphasize that every reiki teacher I've talked to and every reiki book I've read have stated that it is a natural ability that everyone has.

Well, I don't think what you have grasped is Reiki. I would ask for proof, but then again, I don't have the means to confortably do that. However, can you tell the difference in the first place? Can you compare this Reiki of yours to the one of a properly attuned Reiki giver?

If not, that is, if you can't even feel the differences, then I have nothing else to say. Not being able to tell the difference is a great indicator that you won't be able to judge if a Reiki teacher indeed is teaching Reiki or not, if someone has been initiated or not.... or if what you have accessed is indeed Reiki or not.

• Like 2

Like I said I've been initiated into traditional Japanese reiki from two different linneages and used it on myself and others many times. There's no question that the reiki training I've gotten is as authentic as what you have (unless you somehow got into the tightly closed and xenophobic Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai, which I doubt). And I've done metta meditation many times. It feels exactly the same. It has the same results. Metta actually helps me feel more connected with people even though I'm not touching anyone, let alone in the same room as anyone.

The truth is when Usui was alive it was about spirituality and helping humanity. As soon as he died it became about money. What we've gotten is multiple generations of teachers who learned the added business aspect and they taught us the same. I'd rather teach people the truth: that they can heal themselves and experience gnosis, union with everything, right here, right now.

• Like 2

Feeling the same and having good results are totally different things, but I think that point has been hammered in already by Desmond. 

On 27/08/2019 at 12:54 PM, moraldilemma said:

Like I said I've been initiated into traditional Japanese reiki from two different linneages and used it on myself and others many times. There's no question that the reiki training I've gotten is as authentic as what you have (unless you somehow got into the tightly closed and xenophobic Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai, which I doubt). And I've done metta meditation many times. It feels exactly the same. It has the same results. Metta actually helps me feel more connected with people even though I'm not touching anyone, let alone in the same room as anyone.

The truth is when Usui was alive it was about spirituality and helping humanity. As soon as he died it became about money. What we've gotten is multiple generations of teachers who learned the added business aspect and they taught us the same. I'd rather teach people the truth: that they can heal themselves and experience gnosis, union with everything, right here, right now.

Most feelings coming from Reiki aren't indicative of the kind of energy Reiki is and how it works. You'll need to get a quite accute energetic perception in order to obtain that.

Case and point, Great White Fraternity's channeling of the Seven Rays. I've been instructed on that, and each flame/ray has a very different feeling, and those as well are quite different from Reiki.

However, that's an energetic perception. In terms of perception through energetic feelings in your body (hot/cold sensations, tingling, energy flow, etc), those will be the same for every kind of energy.

Sign in to follow this