Sign in to follow this  
yuuichi

Does yin jing, yang jing, yin qi and yang qi exist?

I was reading this forum and I saw people talking about yin qi, yang qi, yin qi, yang qi, etc. I’ve never seen these words before in ancient Daoist sources. Did someone just make them up in recent times, or do these types of jing and qi have some history behind them?

• Like 1

How much do you actually practice rarher than reading and talking?

That is actually the way that will actually answer your questions.

• Like 2

Taoism was born and nurtured in Nature. I went for a hike yesterday and on top of this wonderful lookout any seasoned cultivator would have easily understood universal principles. 

9E41FA94-8F46-4FF2-9E1C-E14DA64C689F.jpeg.5daa03376496fccf3a8139dc89695c10.jpeg

Wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off. All the hard work will pay off in the end. 

Your feet will 'enlighten' you!! :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

It's simple enough to feel what it means in a most general sense. Imagine you're standing under the sun, and slightly hunched over. The sunlit parts of your body are considered to be the yang side, and the shaded, protected parts are the yin side. When you hunch forward, your stomach and chest muscles kind of close inward, this is the yin type of movement. Now if you look up and lean backwards, the muscles in your back are flexing, charged with yang. One more quick example is to imagine as if you're hiding your eyes behind your arm when facing into a windstorm. The hard, bony elbow side is the yang protector, and the soft chewy yinside is  safe.

There are lists that can go on and on about how moving=yang, resting=yin; heated=yang, irrigated=yin; radiating=yang, nurturing=yin.  Light vs shadow is just super apparent in nature. So then people started making associations to good vs evil, but i guess that's up to what we do with it. Not just in talking about qi but it shows up everywhere. Take Greek mythology - easy to see the dazzling lightning bolt of Zeus as yang, and the deep flowing depths of Poseidon's realm is yin. Just apply those feelings/ideas to how certain things inside your own mind and body manifest, and you'll get the hang of it.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:29 PM, yuuichi said:

yin qi, yang qi, etc. I’ve never seen these words before in ancient Daoist sources.

I think mostly comes from TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) terminology, whose main text for about 2000 years now is Huang Di Nei Jing - Yellow Emperor's Innards Scroll

Nintendao answered in terms of qualities of yin and yang. Each of the Daoist arts will have different use of “Qi” and different use of “yin and yang”. Though the Qi Of Feng Shui, Medicine, Qi Gong, Nei Dan etc are different from one another, they’re not ambiguous. They have quite specific meanings and uses within their individual context.

In the internal arts (neigong, qigong, alchemy) we work with Yin Qi and Yang Qi. These are specific ‘substances’ in a way. This is not an description of quality. No need to concern oneself with these if you don’t train in these arts though. 

Yin and yang jing - I’ve not come across that division in the internal arts, but I believe this comes from the medical aspect of the arts. Not needed in cultivation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, freeform said:

Nintendao answered in terms of qualities of yin and yang. Each of the Daoist arts will have different use of “Qi” and different use of “yin and yang”. Though the Qi Of Feng Shui, Medicine, Qi Gong, Nei Dan etc are different from one another, they’re not ambiguous. They have quite specific meanings and uses within their individual context.

In the internal arts (neigong, qigong, alchemy) we work with Yin Qi and Yang Qi. These are specific ‘substances’ in a way. This is not an description of quality. No need to concern oneself with these if you don’t train in these arts though. 

Yin and yang jing - I’ve not come across that division in the internal arts, but I believe this comes from the medical aspect of the arts. Not needed in cultivation.

yin and yang jing are described in the book TAoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality so yes they are needed in Neidan cultivation. You can read the book - word searchable - in archive as full text.

https://archive.org/stream/TaoistYogaAlchemyAndImmortalityLuKuanYCharlesLuk/Taoist Yoga Alchemy and Immortality Lu K’uan Yü (Charles Luk)_djvu.txt

Let's see what specific terminology is used.

yes it's the difference between generative fluid (yin jing) and generative force (yang jing).

Let's see for more details.

which the generative force reaches to change into semen. ....so prevent the generative fluid from draining away....

Four kinds of fire kindled by breathing to transform the generative 
fluid derived from the digestion of food into generative force...

Fire immersed in water. When the generative and vital forces 
are in the lower tan t’ien they are fire in the house of water, 
but when they leave it to drain away they take a liquid form. 

and

Generative force (ching): Essence of procreation which produces the generative fluid that satisfies sexual desire and begets offspring.

ok now we can look for "yang" ching ....

Positive generative force (yang ching ): The real generative force See Yang ching.

and so for final confirmation:

to spurt it out, straighten your neck and swallow it. It will then enter the channel of function (jen mo) to reach the cavity of vitality (below the navel) where it will change into negative and positive generative force.

and

In time the sweet dew which tastes like honey will go down (the jen mo channel in) the throat until it reaches the lower tan t’ien cavity where it changes into negative generative force which then descends to the testicles where it creates spermatozoa.

Edited by voidisyinyang

Hey Drew,

Jing is a very complex study. In my tradition there’s no focus on yin jing and yang jing. It may well be part of other traditions.

Again I'd like to point out that training from books is at best ineffective and at worst, seriously damaging to your physical and psychological health.

Not saying this for you Drew - just for others looking into how to get started in the Daoist arts.

7 hours ago, freeform said:

Hey Drew,

Jing is a very complex study. In my tradition there’s no focus on yin jing and yang jing. It may well be part of other traditions.

Again I'd like to point out that training from books is at best ineffective and at worst, seriously damaging to your physical and psychological health.

Not saying this for you Drew - just for others looking into how to get started in the Daoist arts.

yes posting information on forums is ironic since it requires the silly medium of left-brain dominant words. But I don't think yin-yang energy dynamics are a "tradition" but rather an ancient universal alchemical science based on music theory. Science calls this music theory hard-wired into our neurology as "resonance neighborhoods."

So you consider training from books to be possibly seriously damaging - as a kind of general warning against reading the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality? Yes I can understand what you are writing since when I first joined this forum back around 2005 - some people wrote that I should not read the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality since it was too dangerous!

So what I did is I turned to western science to convert my meditation qigong alchemy experiences back into Western science understanding. I did that until around 2013. I was still posting all my research online - including this forum. Then when I made contact with qigong master Jim Nance again - and he called me up asking me to help him write his memoir of his qigong training - then he said he would read my energy blockages long distance. He asked me to hang up the phone so he could go into the Emptiness and read my blockages - and then I should call him back in 5 minutes.

So I called him back and he said - you know when you picked up that glass to drink that juice? I said yeah  - he goes that's when you energy went up the front of your body.

So up till that point I had thought my energy was going up my spine and down the front of my body - when I activated my pineal gland to send out energy. So I surprised to hear him say - no actually it was going up the front of my body!

So then as qigong master Jim Nance http://guidingqi.com kept training me - everything he said was actually the same as what the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality stated - as of what I had read of the book so far.

So I decided to go back and finally read that book again in detail. Sure enough it details how the "evil fire" of the heart is from the energy going up the front of the body - and a "twinkling of the eyes" as passion of the po soul - the metal energy of the lungs. So the Hun soul goes out the eyes with the eyes open - but at seeing forms of beauty - if you fixate on it - then the Po Soul will grab onto the Hun soul and the Po soul then gets pulled up the front of the body and out of the eyes. This is a lower frequency light energy and so at the same time it causes the loss of the yang qi in the body - the LUng energy but also it is from the white yang jing energy as "yin qi" that goes out the eyes.

So that is how tantra works. Now I was quoting the book yesterday - but I left out one critical quote that really confirms what I was saying about yin jing.

I'll quote it again now.

https://archive.org/stream/TaoistYogaAlchemyAndImmortalityLuKuanYCharlesLuk/Taoist Yoga Alchemy and Immortality Lu K’uan Yü (Charles Luk)_djvu.txt

The golden stove originally did not exist but comes into being when the generative force de¬ velops and vitality manifests. When the blood reaches the stove it changes into negative generative force which originates from this centre. ...

I'll add the quote in - via edit - so my login doesn't time out....

If it enters the jen mo channel (of function) it goes down into the lower tan t’ien centre (under the navel) to change into negative generative force, but a competent master should be sought to teach the proper way of swallowing saliva; 3 otherwise it will enter the stomach and intestines to be discharged as waste.

So this is a crucial secret of the Taoist Yoga book:

The arousal of the genital organ feeds the inner fire in the stove which transforms the generative fluid derived from digestion of food into negative generative force to fortify the body and enliven spirit thereby lengthening the span of life.

So if you burn out the yang qi - then you can use yin qi from food - using reverse breathing as Quick Fire - to then restore the yang qi - via yang jing (yin qi). So first you have to create yin qi.

The method consists of using postnatal fire to draw out prenatal fire 2 so that both unite in order to extract from food and drink the sweet dew (kan lu or pure saliva) which descending in the channel of function (jen mo in the front of the body) changes into negative generative force and helps to produce the latter.

Now I'm not at my critical quote yet....

In time the sweet dew which tastes like honey will go down (the jen mo channel in) the throat until it reaches the lower tan t’ien cavity where it changes into negative generative force which then descends to the testicles where it creates spermatozoa.

There it is! So the Yin Jing turns into semen via the testicles - via the parasympathetic nervous system.

So this is just psychophysiological science! It's not a "tradition" but rather the ancient science of alchemy.

You can feel this through the meditation training - you can FEEL the yin jing buzzing in the testicles as it is creating semen but as you deepen the parasympathetic nervous system you  are retracting the testicles - to pull up that yin jing energy.

So the evil fire of the heart as lung metal passion - this actually is based on quantum biology. It's proven now in science that with the eyes open then biophotons leave the eyes and also biophotons trigger the pineal gland. This low frequency biophoton signal then activates the sympathetic nervous system - and it sends the signal down to the adrenal glands which then sends the biophoton signal to the prostate which then "pre-triggers" the lost of yin jing - now as a sympathetic nervous system loss (this will be during sleep).

The book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality actually explains this quantum biology science!

True nature is prenatal vitality in its cell (ch’i pao) on the top of the medulla oblongata. If vitality is allowed to pass through the back of the head and down to the base of the spine to drain away through the anus and genital organ, its exhaustion will cause death.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this