Vajra Fist

Why do so few qigong masters radiate vitality?

5 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

How would you know if someone was radiating vitality? 

Oh simple, they feel good, comfortable, their body feels good, they are happy, they feel free, they want to move and be and become, and express and create. They have desire and love their own desire. And they allow the energy to fully flow through them without any hindrance or resistance towards it. And thus then they also have an easy going experience in and as life that happens through them effortlessly and easily and always succesfully, in an ever expanding way of their unique very own expression of the ever becoming that is that which existance has all the ways of ever coming to know itself, ever more.

And to go more specifically to answer your specific question of how to know if someone WAS radiating vitality, the answer is simple aswell. Think about it, you go into an environment. Any space that you walk in to and you look around. Ask yourself, how can I know now if someone has been radiating vitality here or not? The answer is simple! The beings in the environment feel good and happy in their co-creation and interaction together. Their intertwined action harmonizes and synchronises in ever integrative and expansive ways of evermore freedom of expression and the allowance of the endless flowing stream of inspiration and ever expressive expressions of in-spiraling action. And the environment is litt up! And it feels good! 

And if you go into an environment and it's dark and depressing. Well, it just means, no has been radiating vitality there yet.  And that is easily solved. You just go in there, walk in and be happy, and express your truest self without any expectation or insistance on any outcome whatsoever, and voila, everyone's back to their natural default state of being an in-spired being that who it is what it is that they truely already are. But they may sometimes need an individual such as yourself to take the first step and show them how it's done, that's all! :D

Edited by Everything
  • Like 2

This thread ties in a lot to my incomplete knowledge thread.

Tangent but when it comes to Kundalini people think that when it kicks in you'll all of a sudden become some saintlike person. Wrong, it just makes you more of what you were and its up to you to shed those unwanted layers to actualize what you are. So if you're a crotchety moaner pre-K afterwards you'll be a horrendously negative person to be around. If you lack the insight you won't notice the change as you are too busy "being you" as all of your old familiar ways are amplified now, plus it feels great plus you're in the K Club so what can go wrong?

What happens is this extra energy is chewing up the system like gunked up engine oil in a car that is redlined all the time. Sure it feels great for the driver but he never looks under the hood and no one else told him about this bit so on he goes. End result? Great power internally whilst looking totally depleted externally. Bodybuilders in general are the flip of this as its rare you'll meet one with even an inkling of balance as they are too caught up in appearance/stats.

Now most of the Yoga out there is straight up BS, calisthenics dressed in Indian attire and totally devoid of the inner aspects and circulations beyond airy fairy lip service and visualization. But what it does do is "purify" the practitioners current level of embodiment by working out the previously acquired kinks. Net result = same energy as before but less resistance. Contrast with Captain K who has more energy but still the same old resistance in place that is now overpowered by the influx of energy.

Which one do you think would look more healthy and vital?

Its all because we have bits and pieces of complete systems that have been released in randomized chunks without the coherent framework, guidelines and general insight required in order to be able to sort out the modern messed up man. Most of the practitioners don't have a clue and frankly don't care. Intuition also isn't that high and if it is they're scared to "distort" the form by doing what their body wisdom says due to the rigid dogma attached.

In a nutshell what we have these days are fossilized, devitalized aspects of complete forms that were once living energies and are now reduced to a series of poses that are better than nothing but nothing like what they really should be.

There is a reason why the old practices had such long initiation periods as they were actually deconditioning to get the adept back to a baseline but that doesn't sell well in the modern world. Heck it didn't sell well in the old world but people took it if they wanted to ride the rollercoaster because there were no TVs to watch instead. That and the living energies part, this is why it was always a ear to mouth practice before being written down and that in itself killed most of the knowledge out there and we get to this point where people spin empty water wheels (or gunked up engine oil as they redline) and thinking they're making process.

If cultivation is an intelligence test a lot of people failed it and didn't even realize. Most of them went on to teach other people how to be exactly like them :lol:

• Like 1

如果你真的有那麼厲害能感受得到氣功大師的氣場,那麼你一定有本事感受得到一顆森林中的大樹,比一個大師的氣場還要強,如果你感受不到,那表示你所謂的『感受』只是你個人主觀意識的價值判斷而已

當你升起真正的感受能力,你必然不會在乎所謂的『大師』,這些大師在你面前完全無所遁形,不管是氣功大師,還是佛教大師,或者瑜珈大師

當你還在尋找所謂的大師的氣場的時候,表示你根本沒有感受氣場的能力,所以不要吹牛了,老實地面對自己毫無感受能力,只有一籮筐的價值判斷而已

On 11/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, Vajra Fist said:

For all the promises of qigong and tai chi, I can't think of a single qigong master that radiates good health and vitality. 

By contrast, when I look at people who practice yoga regularly, they have abundant qi, a glowing complexion and open expressions. Similarly, when I am in the presence of a Buddhist master I feel so comfortable, like I am with a member of close family.

As the Christian Bible says:  by their fruits you will know them!

The open expressions and comfort come from open hearts and refined emotions.

Others use mental/personal will to develop themselves.  It is at best a temporary path.

I recall a famous practitioner of western magic.  I saw him a couple of times after he died.  He was using his personal will to attempt to rise to higher planes and of course failing.  He failed for decades until someone showed him that the heart is the higher path.  

• Like 2

Actually, I know yoga teachers who radiate vitality and peace, but regarding qigong teachers, the exception is Sifu Terry Dunn, who is much younger than his real age and with little or no gray hair, without a bulging abdomen, or tired face.
Mantak Chia can still look young is my opinion after seeing him in his last course on Udemy, he still has fresh facial skin, but he dyes his hair.

• Like 2

To add to the mention of Sifu Terry we only need to look at the practices of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung: 

Spoiler

Doing Three Times Consecutive Monk Serves Wine Meditations in One Session

Training tip for (1) a very sound sleep, (2) a highly altered (and usually blissful) state of consciousness, and (3) reversion of the aging process and its visible signs:

Regular correct daily practice of any three of the seated MSW meditations (Vols. 2 and/or Vol. 7) in succession will impart verifiable signs of rejuvenation of human tissues within several days if not immediately the next morning. Naturally, practicing one or more the Standing FP Meditations as well will make the 3 seated meditation practice even more powerful in its healing effects.

Hair growth and wrinkle removal

MSW meds 80 70 50 30 and 70 50 20 10 in particular done are energizing to hair and brings original color back if done together, one set following the other set. Your daily practice of these two MSW meds. for more than a month is what it takes!

Pretty much all of the advanced seated meditations in Vol.7--if practiced correctly and practiced on a regular basis after a solid foundation ("energy reserve") has been established in the preceding standing and seated exercises (Vols. 1 to 4) --effect allostasis, where the body's natural self-healing faculties are "turned on", and tangible, deep energy-permeation of the upper body and head is felt. I cannot guarantee that hair rejuvenation can or will take place for all FP practitioners. But I did and do experience it immediately upon practicing these Vol.7 Monk Serve Wine meditations that have the breathing sequences: 80 70 50 20; 70 50 20 10; 60 70 40 5.

Even Wang Liping mentions old practitioners looking young in chapter 13 of Opening the Dragon Gate, when he travels to Mt Emei in China, where Flying Phoenix originated from. In a cave at the top of the mountain he meets the Cloud Roaming Wayfarer who was 118 years old at the time and described as “an aged man with the face of a child and dark hair”.

• Like 1

You don't have to travel to a fairy tale mountain to see that. In any Buddhist monastery in Thailand I have seen many Vipassana lay practitioners radiating vitality, their eyes oozing Qi like a river. After only 3-weeks of solid practice. It's all it takes,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

You don't have to travel to a fairy tale mountain to see that. In any Buddhist monastery in Thailand I have seen many Vipassana lay practitioners radiating vitality, their eyes oozing Qi like a river. After only 3-weeks of solid practice. It's all it takes,

Stress is the killer and ager.

• Like 1

The qigong masters that I've seen radiate a lot of good qi.  I'm thinking teachers like Robert Peng, Mingtong Gu, Grandmaster Fu Wei Zhong, Chunyi Lin.  I guess I haven't come across a lot of qigong masters that didn't radiate good chi; I suppose I've gotten lucky.

Edited by Inner Alchemy
  • Like 2