marcus88

Hello, I'm here to learn

Hello my name is Marcus from the U.K. I have so many questions but for the sake of brevity I'll ask only a few in my debut post! 

Over the years I've had many experiences which have totally dismantled the materialist worldview I grew up with. I'm talking about OBE's, Telepathy, Law of Attraction, Chi, Kundalini and Semen Retention. It's the latter three I'm currently most interested in and a very unsettling experience I had with them. About 2 years ago I had read a book which outlined a basic Kundalini meditation to perform following a period of celibacy which I duly did. 

Late at night I sat upright on my bed with my eyes closed (having retained for a good month at this point) and focused on my perineum region and imagined a ball of white light growing stronger and stronger as I was instructed by the book to do. Then I noticed it became a very real sensation, not something imagined at all. By power of thought I moved the ball of light upwards but instead of a ball of light anymore it felt like an air bubble in my spinal cord slowly rising up. Again, I stress how physically real this felt. After a few moments I felt the 'air bubble' reach the base of my skull/brain stem and instantly I felt an incredible heat flash over and through me. I was sweating from every pore immediately, my heart pounded and I became very scared. This was in stark contrast to the relaxation I felt at the start of the meditation. I couldn't believe that by power of thought and meditation alone (two things my subconscious had previously regarded as very innocuous) I could have had such a profound and REAL physiological experience. But the experience had only just begun.

Great waves of energy surged around in my skull in what seemed like a double helix pattern and my heart continued to race. After a while I somehow (and I still don't know how) managed to get to sleep. When I woke a few hours later I had FULL BODY tremors as though I was being electrocuted at random. This was totally involuntary shaking and it scared the hell out of me. I couldn't go to work that day or do anything except pace around my apartment trying to burn off all this 'Chi?' I had coursing throughout my body. I asked my wife to look up what to do in case kundalini meditation went wrong. She said that 'grounding' was a common suggestion so I got her to drive me to the local park and I walked around barefoot which really did seem to discharge most of the energy.

Ever since I've been too chicken-s*** to even meditate or begin Tai Chi or Qi-Gong (even though that's what my higher self keeps suggesting I do) because I really don't want to go through that again. Am I worrying unnecessarily? Could Tai Chi or Qi-Gong help me gain control over this powerful energy I have inside? I still practice Semen Retention and I feel the huge potential of this Chi or Jing inside me but I never try to raise it up intentionally for fear of a repeat of what happened 2 years ago.

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Marcus

• Like 1

Hello, Marcus88, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Marcus,

i think youll be ok with Tai chi. It’s the conscious directing of energy to the head/brain you want to avoid. Your wife was good to recommend grounding. Grounding is good no matter what. Enjoy the forum!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1