Sign in to follow this  
Stosh

What happened on Oak Island?

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, but they cut down a lot of Oak trees.

I guess that explains it. Thanks

• Like 1

they had sponsors that strung out a documentary program that should have been 2 hours to 5 seasons of rehash and speculation while spending god only knows how much time and money!  

I think I saw a documentary on Oak Island...there were connections with some Masonic symbolism, and there was quite a large booby trapped shaft which some speculate has treasure kept at the bottom. I think maybe no one has been able to access it, or it got flooded?

1 hour ago, 3bob said:

they had sponsors that strung out a documentary program that should have been 2 hours to 5 seasons of rehash and speculation while spending god only knows how much time and money!  

That's true , but Historically , what happened there? IYO .. its not resolved yet.

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

I think I saw a documentary on Oak Island...there were connections with some Masonic symbolism, and there was quite a large booby trapped shaft which some speculate has treasure kept at the bottom. I think maybe no one has been able to access it, or it got flooded?

...I thought it was widely distributed on the history channel , but .. yes the Main access to the area did flood , but they're trying to , find 'work-a-rounds ' to resolve the questions about what if anything was the significance of the site. I find the technical challenges of the modern efforts interesting , and also the implications of pre-columbus europeans , as regards the Mi'kmaq's and so forth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

That's true , but Historically , what happened there? IYO .. its not resolved yet.

agreed that it is of passing interest like many other historical things,  and it would be great if they find more than one or two coins and a button from an old coat!  Anyway if they can spin the story for years and still make a living at it while keeping some people interested  why not.   I find treasure hunting for old ships more interesting, and the historical and financial rewards are sometimes incredible !

(along with not watching 5 years of sonar scanning which it sometimes takes to find a valuable shipwreck) 

Sign in to follow this