wenwu

Fixing intention

These past few uears... certain things have not been going my way. I dont know why but just alsways seems to be a bump in the road.

Lately i have been working on idenftying and fixing my intention. Maube i have been doing the right things for the wrong reasons

Does anyone else have experince if this? Did it work?

• Like 4

In my experience... Things will go the way they will go, despite my intentions or reasons. The only thing I’ve done is tried to follow the ebb and flow of things, and not to swim against the current. Surrender my own agenda and let things be as they may... would this be aligning my will with the Dao?

If the world could go all of our ways... wouldn’t that be nice !

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

Intentions are normally established by people who think they have more power over the flow of the universe than we really have.

But then, we should make plans for our future just in case we wake up tomorrow.  However, they should be realistic.

• Like 3

Make intentions about small things, keep them, complete them.  Then do the same again.

Most fail because they make intentions about big things that never materialize and zero progress happens.

• Like 2

Intentions.

What's that old saying?

Man plans; God laughs. :lol:

20 yrs ago, I was at a major crossroads, had to choose a new life-direction between A, B or C. Finally, I decided on A. Called to accept the job offer in a distant place only to find it withdrawn. Immediately contacted B - only to find that door had closed also. Went with C, my least favorite choice - and it turned out amazingly wonderful!

I think it's fine to have intentions and a plan - as long as we stay open to the possibilities and good things that can happen when life takes us a different way.

FWIW, I wouldn't go back 20yrs & change that outcome for the world. It brought me to where I am now. :) 🌲🌲⛷🌲

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

In my experience... Things will go the way they will go, despite my intentions or reasons. The only thing I’ve done is tried to follow the ebb and flow of things, and not to swim against the current. Surrender my own agenda and let things be as they may... would this be aligning my will with the Dao?

If the world could go all of our ways... wouldn’t that be nice !

Sometimes. ;)

I offer a humble shift of perspective:

It’s a road, they have bumps, expect them to show up and they won’t be that rough.

Lucky you, you’ve got a road to travel. Some of us out there need to reinvent the wheel on the daily!

If the bumps make you scrape and jump you need a car with adjustable riding height such as variable height hydraulic or pneumatic suspension systems.

I recommend older production year models, colloquially referred to as ”bombs” and ”lead sleds”, but basically any full size two door classic will do. Lincolns and Mercurys make for classy lowriders, chevys are the go to while cadillacs are usually a bit fussy. It’s either a lo-lo or a raised 4wd rockslider depending on if you prefer to cruise or go mudding.

If you choose a pneumatic suspension do get one with 4 gates, you’ll go much smoother. Either way get a 6-switch rig for minimum, preferrably and 8 with pancake, face, ass and corners setup so you have more control. 

Take care though: no matter what vehicle you decide the bumps in the road are not going away, you’re simply adapting your options on how to approach them.

• Like 1

Yesterdayi was talking with my grandchildren. They were telling me about their plans and aspirations. I told them that one thing was absolutly certain ... that life will always present circumstances that will derail your plans. How you fare when that happens is largely determined by how attached you are to the intent of your plans.

On the other hand somehow life's interruptions and derailings are often opportunities that can lead you to great things .... iff you can just let go of your intentions.

It's almost as if the dao consspires to bring you where you need to be ... as long as you can go with the flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1