Patrick Brown

The Brexit Thread

7 hours ago, pegasus1992 said:

entrepreneurs

You have a superficial and institutionally conditioned view of things.

Better to try and think for yourself.

But institutionalised people never change, their identity is entwined with their idealogies.

What do you say to someone who wants to remain in a prison?
Nothing, you just leave.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 2

@pegasus1992

You're confusing globalization and globalism. They are not the same as one leads to fluid movement in skills and goods and the other leads to a fascist dictatorship.  

Edited by Patrick Brown
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rideforever said:

You have a superficial and institutionally conditioned view of things.

Better to try and think for yourself.

But institutionalised people never change, their identity is entwined with their idealogies.

What do you say to someone who wants to remain in a prison?
Nothing, you just leave.

Oh dear,

An independent thinker is a person capable of objective analysis and critical thinking...entrepreneurship has nothing to do with that.

institutionalization refers to people resort to conform to societal norms, which i am the furthest thing from

I present facts based on evidence...unlike you....but ill wait for you to actually present some

but do continue with unfounded assumptions, ad hominems, and other logical fallacies

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

@pegasus1992

You're confusing globalization and globalism. They are not the same as one leads to fluid movement in skills and goods and the other leads to a fascist dictatorship.  

I am not confusing anything, globalization is a process, which I have repeatedly stated....and the EU is a byproduct of deep globalization on all fronts

https://www.ft.com/content/e4593f96-d937-11e8-ab8e-6be0dcf18713

please stop with the far right conspiracy theory...I'm no more interested in it than I am the far left...either position is one eye open one eye closed

look at the actual evidence (all of it) and drop the confirmation bias, and things become clearer instantly

and dont expect me to listen to Nigel Farage...he is not a credible source...not now, not ever

Edited by pegasus1992
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, rideforever said:

What is your job, lecturer ?

"Those who can do, those who can't teach".

actually no, as i said it was my job...thank you for proving your reading skills are selective yet again

Im currently in research, haven't lectured since 2017 by choice....but there's work there for me in that too anytime I so wish (well paid too I might add) ....but im guessing you may not understand the difference or distinction between those?

whats with all the  personal info digging and failed ad hominems? and why are you quoting a playwright as some kind of authority?

• Confused 1

Nice to see the Brexit thread is continuing in its usual good natured way.

• Haha 3

the EU reminds me of that ol SNL skit Toonces the Cat.  back when Terminator 2 came out, they did a skit where Toonces was the Terminator cat, sent back from the future to kill John Connor.

"Let me get this straight. They sent a cat who can drive a car back through time?"

"A robot cat. And he can drive, but not very well."

The funniest variation on the formulaic Toonces skit on Saturday Night Live, parodying the movie Terminator 2. Guest host Linda Hamilton is Sarah Connor and Phil Hartman is the original terminator, driving away as fast as they can from the cyborg cat sent back through time to kill her. The cat is impervious to weaponry, so Connor tries a desperate tactic. She stops the car and discovers that all kitty wants is some love and attention.  So they are all in the car again, and the Tooncinator is driving. The terminator wonders if the cat should be driving, but Connor insists that the cat is a very advanced cyborg. Until – (classic Toonces looks out the window) "TOONCINATOR! WATCH OUT!" And the car, of course, goes off a cliff.

people who support the EU, or support Bankster Globalism, are like the people who just want to let Tooncinator into the car so that they dont have to drive.  They think Tooncinator will do a good job, but for those of us in the 3rd person watching, we know damned well that its only a matter of time before Toonces drives that car off the cliff.

to which bankster media/academia winds up convincing some poor folks that the ability to trade globally is somehow synonymous with bankster control over every country on the planet...

but I did find the script for the skit, lol

Spoiler

The Tooncinator

Linda Hamilton…..Sarah Connor
Ed Furlong…..John Connor
Terminator…..Phil Hartman

line-31.jpg

COUNTRY ROADEXT.DAY

SARAH CONNORS CAR

Sarah Connor is driving her car, trying to escape the Terminator. Her son John is in the back seat, riding with her.

Sarah Connor: Dont you ever do that again!

John Connor: But why, Mom?

Sarah Connor: Because you are too important, John Connor!

John Connor: But I had to get you out of there! That man — he was going to sell you a whole series ofTime-Life Books!

Sarah Connor: I wasnt going to buy all of them! Just the introductory one, on Supernatural Phenomena.

John Connor: But thats how they hook you!

The Terminator suddenly appears behind the car, runs alongside of it, and gets in the front passenger seat.

John Connor: Hey, its the Terminator!

Sarah Connor: (anxious) Not you again! I crushed you, then I melted you! What do I have to do, Cuisinart you?

The Terminator analyzes her remark internally, and concludes: BAD JOKE.

Terminator: I have come to protect you. You and your son are in great danger!

John Connor: Did they send another Terminator to get us?

Terminator: Worse than a Terminator. Its the Tooncinator!

DARK STAGEINT.NIGHT

Toonces the Driving Cat is on the stage, dressed as the Terminator, with the trademark black leather coat and sunglasses.

OPENING CREDITS: THE TOONCINATOR

SARAHS CAR

Sarah Connor: So let me get this straight. They sent a cat who can drive a car back through time, to kill us?

Terminator: A robot cat. And he can drive. Just not very well.

Suddenly the Tooncinator, in his own car, runs into the back of Sarahs car.

John Connor: Look! Mom, its the Tooncinator!

The Terminator picks up a hand-held cannon.

Terminator: (to Sarah) You, drive. (to John) You, get down!

The Terminator fires, blowing out the back window. The bullets simply bounce off the Tooncinator.

John Connor: Hes still after us!

The Tooncinator and his car suddenly seem to vanish.

Sarah Connor: Wait, where did he go?

The Tooncinator accidentally drives off a cliff and crashes.

Terminator: I told you. Hes not a good driver.

Sarah Connor: Oh, thank God, hes gone.

Terminator: Hell be back.

The Tooncinator and his car suddenly reappear behind Sarahs car.

John Connor: There he is!

Terminator: (to John) Get down!

The Terminator again fires his cannon. All he manages to do is blow out one of the Tooncinators eyes, which quickly repairs itself.

Sarah Connor: (watching her rearview mirror) Hes going over a cliff again.

The Tooncinator again drives over a cliff and crashes.

Sarah Connor: (relieved)Its over. Its over. (looking in her rearview mirror) Oh, no! I dont believe it!

The Tooncinator is back behind them, wearing only his steel skeleton.

John Connor: Now what are we going to do?

Terminator: (suddenly fearful) I dont know. Im scared!

Sarah Connor: Ive got an idea.

Sarah starts to slow down the car.

John Connor: Mom, were slowing down!

Terminator: That cat will kill us! Its not human!

Sarah Connor: Not if my hunch is right.

Sarah stops the car. The Tooncinator, apparently friendly, gets in and takes the wheel.

Sarah Connor: See, he wasnt trying to kill us after all. He was just trying to catch up to us, to be our kitty.

John Connor: (delighted) Can we keep him, Mom? Please?

Sarah Connor: Well, I dont see why not.

Terminator: I just wonder if we should let him drive.

Sarah Connor: Well, of course. Hes a very advanced cyborg, with a series of sophisticatedTooncinator, watch out!

Everyone: AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!

The Tooncinator takes everyone over the cliff with him.

Jingle: Toonces, The Driving Cat.

Edited by joeblast
unfortunately it is damn near impossible to find this clip on the net
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Apech said:

Nice to see the Brexit thread is continuing in its usual good natured way.

Well ... Brexit is a question of state of mind, or even state of consciousness.

The low consciousness sheep who wish to be controlled, to be in control or under control, who actually need control, and so respond strongly to fear and official authorities and official "knowledge" stats and so on.   Who dream that one day there will be a one world government run by Mother Theresa, rather than what will actually happen ... Monsanto / Bilderberger / Wall Street / and the Oxfam CEOs paid half a mill a year.   Such people dream of a benevolent dictator, or climate change Messiah who will know "the truth", and everyone will be forced to submit to its "values".

And the there are those who feel that life is an open opportunity and analysisng the statistics of the past from comfortable seats is not life at all, that life needs to be made and remade again through engagement and pure creation, and that hard work and risk is salvation.

The media under extreme economic pressure are preying upon anyone who can be made to fear, is polarising these groups.

And the more the institutions of academia, medicine and science become money-only affairs ... what these industries really represent is a cluster of industries who generate the "official knowledge" and thus are part of the control system of the billionaires.

Just as the trade unions are a group of public sector workers who get perks ... 

The rulers cannot take money from people's mouths and put it in their swiss bank accounts without paying off a chunk of society.

Be they the trades union, or the politicians and lawyers, or (modern times) the creators of official knowledge industries of medicine education and science.

Anyway, who cares.   

Mankind is dead !!!

If you can find one still alive consider yourself lucky !

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, joeblast said:

the EU reminds me of that ol SNL skit Toonces the Cat.  back when Terminator 2 came out, they did a skit where Toonces was the Terminator cat, sent back from the future to kill John Connor.

people who support the EU, or support Bankster Globalism, are like the people who just want to let Tooncinator into the car so that they dont have to drive.  They think Tooncinator will do a good job, but for those of us in the 3rd person watching, we know damned well that its only a matter of time before Toonces drives that car off the cliff.

to which bankster media/academia winds up convincing some poor folks that the ability to trade globally is somehow synonymous with bankster control over every country on the planet...

That's all fine except, I never took the position of supporting the EU whatsoever, not once did I mention it

I ONLY stated that you do not undo half a century of globalization overnight, and you don't because businesses become accustomed to it, rely on it and in some cases depend on it. banker control has nothing to do with what I stated, so i'll repeat it again.

1. The UK need either an agreement with the EU (be that temporary or permanent) in order to avoid a huge disruption

2. Triggering Article 50 without having any care for the ramifications or issues arose, not to mention any plan to circumvent these was idiotic....... a nice quote that illustrates this " Those who fail to plan plan to fail"

3. Britain is hopelessly unprepared for Brexit

If you (or anyone else) aren't addressing any of those points, then quite frankly, you aren''t addressing what I mentioned 

Also on the terms of academia convincing folks that global trade is synonymous with banker control, do elaborate please...I'm curious to see where you got that from...Because I've worked in business schools and that's never been something I've seen taught by anyone, nor a position held. Do elaborate, I'm genuinely interested to see where you got that from

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, pegasus1992 said:

That's all fine except, I never took the position of supporting the EU whatsoever, not once did I mention it

I ONLY stated that you do not undo half a century of globalization overnight, and you don't because businesses become accustomed to it, rely on it and in some cases depend on it. banker control has nothing to do with what I stated, so i'll repeat it again.

1. The UK need either an agreement with the EU (be that temporary or permanent) in order to avoid a huge disruption

2. Triggering Article 50 without having any care for the ramifications or issues arose, not to mention any plan to circumvent these was idiotic....... a nice quote that illustrates this " Those who fail to plan plan to fail"

3. Britain is hopelessly unprepared for Brexit

If you (or anyone else) aren't addressing any of those points, then quite frankly, you aren''t addressing what I mentioned 

Also on the terms of academia convincing folks that global trade is synonymous with banker control, do elaborate please...I'm curious to see where you got that from...Because I've worked in business schools and that's never been something I've seen taught by anyone, nor a position held. Do elaborate, I'm genuinely interested to see where you got that from

You're right out just by thinking that banker control has nothing to do with it - fact is, that's your biggest analytical failure.

Again, the ability to trade globally is not Globalism, no matter how hard you wish to conflate the two terms.  I know, the TV told you they were the same and that's what you're going with, but again, refer back to your single biggest analytical failure and proceed from there because the "news" is caught up in that also.

Brexit is only a bad thing for banksters and globalists seeking to undermine the sovereignty of the nation.  If there is any unpreparedness, it is only because of prior treasons that ceded sovereignty to the EU and other traitors that were paid to not represent their constituents and instead tell their constituents what's best for them.  The EU is a construct of banksters and is only intended to rob sovereignty - if you dont understand that...then you've got some massive gaping informational holes that are severely clouding your ability to analyze the situation.

• Like 2

Well however we term global trade one things for sure it has nothing to do with the EU. Yes the EU is a trading block that countries buy into but it really only exists to profit Germany. And when we leave the EU we'll still trade with EU countries through the EU and with the rest of the world without the constraints of the EU. 

Basically the EU was created from a lie and really only exists so Germany can benefit and then rule a federation. This is an undeniable fact! Of course Germany are playing along with the Globalist NWO idea but have no doubt that Germany is hoping third time lucky.

So not onlay is Britain fighting the globalists we're also fighting the 'real' Nazis!! 

There's also the Muslim and the Jewish aspects to all this which makes it even more of a nightmare. It's a mess which is why I think it's heading towards world war 3. 

Trump stopped war recently but the MIC will keep trying just as the Globalists, Jews, Germans and Muslims will pursue their ends. The only good thing you can say about the globalists is that war is something they don't want unlike the others. The British people don't want war but the EU/Globalists will not let us leave so... 

...we're ducked 

• Like 1

It's all very sad to be honest.

It's also sad that a world government wouldn't work the way mankind is.

Culture seems to be disintegrating, there are too many people, and the West's economy seems to demand more children of any origin.

Something is very wrong.

And a lot of the agenda people in the world are desperately trying to cause trouble in order that they can get do something and feel something, in this sterile urbanised world ... they have to create continuous disasters or they will die of boredom and inactivity.

What a mess.

A lot of people are unhappy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joeblast said:

You're right out just by thinking that banker control has nothing to do with it - fact is, that's your biggest analytical failure.

Again, the ability to trade globally is not Globalism, no matter how hard you wish to conflate the two terms.  I know, the TV told you they were the same and that's what you're going with, but again, refer back to your single biggest analytical failure and proceed from there because the "news" is caught up in that also.

Brexit is only a bad thing for banksters and globalists seeking to undermine the sovereignty of the nation.  If there is any unpreparedness, it is only because of prior treasons that ceded sovereignty to the EU and other traitors that were paid to not represent their constituents and instead tell their constituents what's best for them.  The EU is a construct of banksters and is only intended to rob sovereignty - if you dont understand that...then you've got some massive gaping informational holes that are severely clouding your ability to analyze the situation.

When you speak of globalism you are talking of planning policy on a global basis I assume? I am talking about globalization in the business sense, which refers to the movement of goods, capital, people, technology and knowledge, and more specifically, the degree to which these can move freely

Show me where I said it was? The TV has not told me anything, because I don't watch it...I have better things to do with my time

But lets take an example.....Imagine a company with a 3.5 or 4 % margin slapped with a 10% tariff....what happens? Bye bye? Imagine how many businesses in the UK are working off of similar models....So Global trade ability in terms of yes/no was never a question, rather the question is how WELL can you do it....especially when you no longer have the foundations much of your businesses depend upon...So if many of the homegrown ones die, and the MNC's pack up because they need those pillars...then what?

Brexit is only a bad thing if it's been completely messed up....and to date, that is exactly what has happened. And it has nothing to do with the EU.I t is entirely down to shady UK politics, lies in campaigns and people not really understanding the full effects of what will happen. This is why I specifically said a STAGGERED EXIT would have been ideal, it would have circumvented the issues and facilitated leaving in an orderly fashion

My opinion regards whether EU membership was a good or bad thing is entirely absent until now, and if you want it ill be happy to give it to you. And actually, I dont disagree with the point about sovereignty, but rather I think its headed towards a super-state..one that will try to rival the likes of the USA, India, China etc (but that doesn't take away from the fact that bankers have nothing to do with what I SAID) whether they have relevance or not in the overall context is a different story....do you want to go there?

If you want to go down the road of talking about WHAT the EU is and who it consists of... and whether its a good or bad thing, we can, but that really diverges from what I said. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, rideforever said:

It's all very sad to be honest.

It's also sad that a world government wouldn't work the way mankind is.

Culture seems to be disintegrating, there are too many people, and the West's economy seems to demand more children of any origin.

Something is very wrong.

And a lot of the agenda people in the world are desperately trying to cause trouble in order that they can get do something and feel something, in this sterile urbanised world ... they have to create continuous disasters or they will die of boredom and inactivity.

What a mess.

A lot of people are unhappy.

Yep it's all gone too far and now the Beast has us, i.e. Vanity and Greed. If we're lucky a plague will save us! Unfortunately I think it's going to be war though. 

11 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

FFS cheer up everybody.

When I get depressed I just come on to the Brexit thread on DBs so I can see how much worse things could be.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Just keep taking your Prozac like everybody else!!

I just drink copious amounts of red wine.  It helps.  I recommend it. 

• Haha 2

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Live with fire, live as dead already.

It is only boredom that is the enemy.

Prosperous or destitute, most people are just washed down the river.

For every season there is an appropriate way to live.

A call to a courageous spirit.

A motivation to move quickly, to work carefully, to be efficient, to hit the mark.

Society can change on a dime, but is it any better when everyone is happy.

Every man dies alone, and so must face life alone, and meet god alone.

Brexit is a courageous move, from a courageous and half alive people.

Out of the blue, things change.

Even now, it has shaken the shit out of Britain, people have become wiser, and darker, and more suspicious.

Maybe Brexit has already been extremely successful.

If you wish to be busy, to learn, and don't mind getting your hands dirty, yes there will be opportunity aplenty.

And the rich clean intellectual girls are the most boring in bed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Apech said:

I just drink copious amounts of red wine.  It helps.  I recommend it. 

I used to do that but decided to give up just before I hit 50. Think it was the right move but this crack cocaine is so bloody expensive! 

• Haha 2