Sign in to follow this  
dawei

Activity Menu Options

The Activity Tab has some changes, as well as the main Menu level:

Activity.JPG

1. I assume most cannot see the 'Clubs' item but staff can.

3. Activity:

a. there was a 'search' but it's redundant to the main search that already exists at all times.  So the Activity Search was removed.

b. The Main Board Activity is essentially only the public forum areas, so Off-Grid, The Rabbit Hole, PPDs, and Hundun will not show up in this listing.   For now, my reasoning is, if you want to see something new there, just go there.

c. The How to Create a Customized Activity Stream is very useful.  This will take you to this Thread:   

If you want to see ALL Activity across the entire board, just click on the Activity Tab itself.  Use the sub-options as described above.

Thanks to this thread and those who participated in these changes:

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/47938-the-dao-trumps/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I miss having the Unread Content  on top and easy to get too.  It tends to be my go to link when I'm here.  Maybe I'll get used to Main Board Activity but for now prefer Unread Content. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I miss having the Unread Content  on top and easy to get too.  It tends to be my go to link when I'm here.  Maybe I'll get used to Main Board Activity but for now prefer Unread Content. 

I think for the non-newbie, that makes a lot of sense.  The main grip, rightfully so, was that a newbie likely would just start with "Activity" and they would see tons of political posts :o  and not really take the spirit of the TDB seriously at first.

So I think this covers that issue and lets them gradually find the other, colorful areas :blush:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, King Jade said:

We can see Clubs BTW or maybe I'm an undercover admin, you will never know

Ok, good to know.  We have been playing with it.  I think to use it, likely you have to get invited to one of them but I have not tested for a while as a regular bum.

16 hours ago, thelerner said:

To change it back...

5be58b8774ac2_ScreenShot2018-11-09at6_16_44AM.png.745dbd6cc5b265cb8359f8dd3ca71727.png

5be58b887739b_ScreenShot2018-11-09at6_27_39AM.png.c57335f859f2e053bfb0d4436409315c.png

• Like 3

20 hours ago, thelerner said:

but you see it in my screen shot... so I'd like to hear if others also don't see Unread Content once you hover over Activity.

Or does Karen's above step push it to being visible ?

1 hour ago, dawei said:

but you see it in my screen shot... so I'd like to hear if others also don't see Unread Content once you hover over Activity.

Or does Karen's above step push it to being visible ?

The circled "Unread Content" is what lerner is referring to. It is a link to member's personalized or chosen default activity stream.5be5c82796b9d_ScreenShot2018-11-09at10_45_05AM.thumb.png.32446d19d83831aea6233c105f3e2db0.png

The changes you made changed the default stream link for some, but not all. Tom's was changed but mine was not. I am guessing this is because I had previously made some edits and changed it from the system default prior. It appears that you might have done the same. I changed Tom's default activity stream back to all unread content using the steps I posted this morning.

As can be seen  the system Activity menu does not change when a person edits what they want as their activity stream link to be.

5be5c99b81222_ScreenShot2018-11-09at10_53_09AM.thumb.png.d2b8b4a828d26de76674e5bbc3afd082.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

The circled "Unread Content" is what lerner is referring to. It is a link to member's personalized or chosen default activity stream.

Ok, finally got it.  I don't use these features but I think we have provide some good info on how to customize and setup default streams.  thanks  :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thelerner said:

Agreed. Not a fan of the new activity version. 

There was a setting to make the new stream the 'default' and I just now turned that off... but I think unless one has created a custom default, aka. Karen's instructions then likely it still uses the new one.   After turning that off, the new custom item still shows for me.

If you don't see Unread Content as shown below, then follow Karen's instructions to re-instate it.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.45.05 AM.png

Link to make the change: 

Just realized I can set the Unread Content as 'default'...   so now mine shows it.   I think it should show for everyone unless you created a custom one as default. 

• Like 1

Yes, thanks.  Did not seem to work for me before, but seems to be working like that now. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Yes, thanks.  Did not seem to work for me before, but seems to be working like that now. :) 

some kind of refresh or reload may be needed but when folks re-login, it should show up now... when in doubt, clear cache  !   :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Worked great.  I'm back to normal (unread content).

me too.

thanks mods.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this