Sign in to follow this  
Luxin

Luxin's posts stripped from thread

welcome to DB.  Interesting take. 

I only meditate, so not so much into reading publications, and do not have a teacher, but in my journey, I have come across my deep hidden roots during sitting,  and found that when  I just brought them out into the open,   then these dark feelings, thoughts, seem to loose there power when brought out into the open, and not hidden away. but that is just my personal experience, would not attempt to tell folks what or how to look deeply into there being,  what ever way works for one, might not work for another.  

We all have a dark side, or as my old Pa use to put it, "  we all pee in the shower from time to time" .  LOL.  - We just open up, to what ever we are,  not stuffing it, not rationalizing it,  and not feeding it.  don't know if this dark side ever completely goes away as humans, but much like the ego,  (and i have never seen anyone who has done away with his/her ego),  It just becomes something we recognize , but does not have the power over us, we once thought it might have. 

• Like 5

Marblehead no one want's to hear you sing....... LOL.  (my whole family does music and sings, but I can't carry a tune in a bucket)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The ego is an illusion, so how could it go away if it were never there to begin with?

Fun chat! ZP I like your dads saying. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode. “There’s a drain!”

• Like 2

Thanks Fa Xin.  From my experience , I don't know what illusion is, but ego is not as real as we think it is, but it sure is a prescient little bitch.  In fact the largest ego's I have ever encountered to date were spiritual teachers who said that they had no ego. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

Thanks Fa Xin.  From my experience , I don't know what illusion is, but ego is not as real as we think it is, but it sure is a prescient little bitch.  In fact the largest ego's I have ever encountered to date were spiritual teachers who said that they had no ego. 

Don’t get me wrong... I’ve been told by my girlfriend my ego is quite healthy and thriving 😁 In my view/practice, there’s nothing to do about it. Since any attempt to subdue said ego is just ones mind wrestling with itself, like a hamster on the wheel. It’s there if you acknowledge it, but the acknowledgement itself will cause you to get caught up. My approach is just to let it sort itself out. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

Hey Luxin,  I'd say you need to remove your references to Buddhist (Dhammapada) and  Vedic (Chandogya upanishad) teachings and whatever other ones from your long ramblings in the op for neither way has any teachings or beliefs in eternal damnation;  thus such is a serious misrepresentation or alluding to on your part.  Granted both ways do recognize evil aspects or forces but not as eternal conditions nor of beings remaining in that condition forever although it could be for ages.  If one has never fully looked evil in the eye and then come out the other side they will likely get hung up on some Abrahamic based eternal damnation precept. 

Also your limited experiences with teachers is not the end all summation that you apparently think or believe it is,  for they do help one come out the other side as mentioned above.

Peace

• Like 1

November 8, 2018

My fellow DB 3bob, thank you for your feedback. I have adjusted the piece's header accordingly in the new version, 009A.

Sign in to follow this