whitesilk

Ancient Symbols

Hi, in my personal practice journal, I started a science of sound        

discussion. I just modified a function, and this picture was the result:

SYMBOL.thumb.jpg.00a71a545f8ec02b2bb47cbc09f824ff.jpg

To me at least, it looks like a heart shaped tai chi tu. Does anyone else here believe that ancient people were actually very advanced, and modern people are for the most part primitive?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Hi, in my personal practice journal, I started a science of sound        

discussion. I just modified a function, and this picture was the result:

SYMBOL.thumb.jpg.00a71a545f8ec02b2bb47cbc09f824ff.jpg

To me at least, it looks like a heart shaped tai chi tu.

Your sound art is beautiful!

49 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Does anyone else here believe that ancient people were actually very advanced, and modern people are for the most part primitive?

'Ancient people' is a bit of a broad term, but yes, I would agree there was a decline in some respects.

However, this is a rather complex topic.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

4 hours ago, whitesilk said:

Does anyone else here believe that ancient people were actually very advanced, and modern people are for the most part primitive?

Depends what you mean by 'advanced'. Under some definitions and in some areas I think they were.  In some oral cultures memory seems more advanced than it is in modern 'westernised'  people  .

https://www.amazon.com.au/Memory-Code-traditional-Aboriginal-Stonehenge-ebook/dp/B01DCWNITW

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

Depends what you mean by 'advanced'

If we presume that immortality is a reality, then a 2200 year old being might be more advanced than a 22 year old. The 22 year old would have a naive human nature, whereas a 2200 year old might have experienced more of the dark and light of life. Just because the 22 year old does not see or perceive the world as a 2200 year old might, the few 2200 year old beings might have created symbols, tools and ideas to guide the many 22 year old beings.

Here is a nicer view of the original function:

The white data in all of the above graphs is in spherical coordinates.

The red data is the same data as the white data, just in Cartesian coordinates.

7 hours ago, whitesilk said:

If we presume that immortality is a reality, then a 2200 year old being might be more advanced than a 22 year old. The 22 year old would have a naive human nature, whereas a 2200 year old might have experienced more of the dark and light of life. Just because the 22 year old does not see or perceive the world as a 2200 year old might, the few 2200 year old beings might have created symbols, tools and ideas to guide the many 22 year old beings.

I do not want  to get involved with theories that are based on a string of presumptions, might haves and maybes.  They tend to support fantasies.

On 11/3/2018 at 1:00 PM, whitesilk said:

yup