mora

About chi and inner sensations

Hello everyone,

I have known this world about meditation since a few months, I have been reading a lot but I don't know "anything" yet. I was not looking for this, only it came to me.

I am a complete beginner but I have a doubt that blocks me, I would like to ask you about the influence of the outside forces (moon and tides, solar system, etc) over each person and the earth. I am wondering if this forces are part of yourself or of the earth, I mean, if they are part of your own yang or if they are part of the earth and its influence (yin).

Maybe this question seems very stupid, but if you could sense some kind of change of energy in certain moments, would it be a yin change or a yang change?

I don't know if I am explaining it correctly, I expect the question is well focused.

Thank you in advance

• Like 1

Hello, Mora, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Mora,

Welcome to the forum! My answer would be that we are not separate from them.  If there was no sun, we wouldn't be alive... and if there were no moon, we wouldn't be alive either.  So what makes you think they aren't part of us to begin with? :) Enjoy!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

Hi Mora.  Welcome.

No, your question is not stupid.  There are many people who believe in what you are asking about.

Get involved in the discussions and ask your questions wherever you think appropriate.

• Like 2

Hello,

Thank you for your answers, I see a lot of information on this site. I have read a lot of ancient manuscripts and history books, in general but I have much new text for read here.

Thank you for your welcome.

On 11/3/2018 at 11:31 AM, mora said:

Hello everyone,

I have known this world about meditation since a few months, I have been reading a lot but I don't know "anything" yet. I was not looking for this, only it came to me.

I am a complete beginner but I have a doubt that blocks me, I would like to ask you about the influence of the outside forces (moon and tides, solar system, etc) over each person and the earth. I am wondering if this forces are part of yourself or of the earth, I mean, if they are part of your own yang or if they are part of the earth and its influence (yin).

Maybe this question seems very stupid, but if you could sense some kind of change of energy in certain moments, would it be a yin change or a yang change?

I don't know if I am explaining it correctly, I expect the question is well focused.

Thank you in advance

Your question isn't a stupid one.

The dao, the way in which things come to be and persist can be understood as the interaction of Heaven (a zone of pure yang) and Earth (a zone of pure yin) which form two poles.  Their interaction is like a bellows or a drum and the created things (10,000 things) are said to dance to its rhythm.  Many texts relate the circulation of qi on the body to the celestial cycles - most notably the sun and the moon.   There is a harmony or resonance between the cycles in nature and our own health for instance.  Every moment in time is a kind of encapsulation of the interaction of yin and yang in layers of patterns and this is best expressed in the I Ching (Yijing) where each hexagram represents a moment or situation and the lines stresses that change in time within that pattern.  So the changes are both yin and yang.  Yang is not specifically 'yours' - which is perhaps where you are thinking about it wrong.  Yang is a fundamental principle with a number of expressed qualities - such as masculine, bright, hard and so on.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2018 at 6:31 AM, mora said:

I would like to ask you about the influence of the outside forces (moon and tides, solar system, etc) over each person and the earth

around 223 BCE this text says:

"

the hot qi of accumulated yang produced fire; the essence of fiery qi became the sun.

the cold qi of accumulated yin produced water; the essence of watery qi became the moon.

"

Inside or outside, within or without, qi follows principles. Guide your meditation such to follow principle.

Edited by whitesilk
  • Like 2

There are some Taoists exercises where you link the elements and seasons to organs in your body.  There are sounds and movements (chi gung forms) that you focus on to feel and accentuate it. 

For example I'll do a taoist meditation whereas The heart is summer/heat/ahhh sound, moving circling clockwise with the lungs autumn/dry/metal/Ssss circling down towards winter/kidney/Chsweii to liver/sprng/green/ Shhh back to summer. 

I also like a hermetic exercise like Rawn Clark's Archaeous exercises (http://abardoncompanion.com/csm/contents.html) that works by stacking the elements on the body and penetrating into there deeper meanings. 

Beyond that I'll try to meditate outside, particularly by water.  Try to connect my lower body to earth, my belly region to water, lungs to air, head to (solar) awareness.  In a set it and forget it kind of way.  Get the imagery, feel it, forget it.. just sit.

There are downsides to this, get to sensitive and you can't sleep much during full moons but maybe we're not supposed to. 

• Like 2

All the answers are very useful to understand, and this can help me to identify sensations:

the hot qi of accumulated yang produced fire; the essence of fiery qi became the sun.

the cold qi of accumulated yin produced water; the essence of watery qi became the moon

I have started reading the Daoist discussion.

I like this board.

Thanks very much.

• Like 4