Sign in to follow this  
Clouded_mirror

Daoist diet confusion

What does a "daoist" diet usually consist of?

I know different people have different opinions on the matter but are there things that most daoists generally find good or are encouraged to eat?

As I am trying to form my own understanding in this topic, I would like as many people to reply as possible (not forcing you) so I can take a little bit from everyone

Thanks in advance

1. Seasonal produce

2. Locally sourced

3. Cooked from scratch

4. Cooked with LOVE, food culture like they do in Asia and Mediterranean countries. Also related to this is The Roseto Effect

5. That takes into account your Yin sign (Chinese Astrological one) as well as seasonal changes; ie a Fire Horse needs to be extremely careful with Yang foods (ie stir-fries) in summertime (to be avoided) as opposed to a Water Pig. Also warming soups and broths are indicated in wintertime in order to maintain a healthy Earth as opposed to a summer diet where more cooling and pungent foods should be introduced. 

6. Get a copy of this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Nutrition-Therapy-Traditional-Complementary-ebook/dp/B005VHBPRE

Hope this helps! :)

• Like 2

On 02.11.2018 at 3:48 PM, Clouded_mirror said:

What does a "daoist" diet usually consist of?

As far as I know, different schools have different approaches to diet.

In general, the diet includes a variety of dishes of Chinese traditional cuisine. Which by itself can be considered a Taoist

Sign in to follow this