Hannes

Knowing you have been somewhere before knowing it is impossible

On Sunday my wife and I went to a beautiful nature restore but since it was bad weather we didn't walk around much. But the place seemed strangely calming and I knew my way around and to that place without knowing why. I'm normally bad at directions.

The feeling I had was a sadness that I wanted to be at that place in summer.

Now on Monday the sun was shinning and I felt the irresistible urge to go there and see the place in sunlight. So we went and the place looked so beautiful and peaceful to me; it was both otherworldly and so familiar. At a certain point we walked on a catwalk going into the shallow lake and there was a place with a roofed structure. From the moment I stood under that structure I knew I had been there and talked to people there.

Only, this is impossible since it is the first time I visited that place and I grew up 4000 miles away in Europe; so it could not be a lost childhood memory. The place has only been build 23 years ago out of an old army base so it could not be a past life regression either.

I have the strange idea that my spirit has gone there at night a number of times when I was younger. I calculated that the 7 hour time difference between Europe and America would mean that when I am asleep it would be afternoon/evening in this place.

It is just a mere theory but something deep inside me loves that place and whats to connect with whomever I spoke to while in spirit form.

Another possibility is that it is a form of precognition and that I dreamed the future. But it seems more like a memory than a future event. And I have had inklings of future insights.

The strange thing is that lately (and over the 7 months since my surgery) I have gone through a lot of childhood trauma and work on myself. I've quite literally went to my own psychological version of personal hell the last years or maybe the Hero's journey is a better description. It seems this place is so important for a piece of my soul. I never felt anything like this for any other place in any other country.

There is also something in that area that soothes me; that place and further north where I had a smaller insight of belonging earlier this summer.

So that whole area has something.

Would anyone have any idea how this is possible?

7 hours ago, Marblehead said:

No idea how it is possible.  I have had a similar experience.  Been there, done that, but don't know when.

Did you have it about a singular place or area? And do you still go there or live near that place?

One possible answer that I thought of for you...

Perhaps your subconscious mind was able to kind of see the future (by predicting various things based on your experiences...the mind can be very powerful), and it pieced together that place with other aspects of the mind included, like experiences of talking to people. It associated them together. It might even be the case that you never dreamed of it (or remembered the dreams), but it was a feeling and image that occurred, hidden deep in the mind's processing...due to its ability to kind of catch glimpses of what will come based on current and past events; or perhaps simply due to being extra sensitive to changes in the energetic atmosphere that might reveal what's coming.

Then when you actually went to that place, the sense of familiarity happened because the mind was already kind of associated with the sense of the place.

It may not be that you ever actually went there before, or were even aware of the place such as from pictures, or are associating it with a similar place. It's just the mind functioning as it should...piecing our experiences together, and sometimes revealing things that are coming.

It could also be the spirit actually traveling while sleeping...I'm not sure about that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hannes said:

Did you have it about a singular place or area? And do you still go there or live near that place?

It was when I was in the Army.  In Germany.  I had never been there before but I somehow knew the place.  Haven't been there since.

• Like 1

Such an intriguing sensation when it arises!  I oscillate between deep ancestral knowingness and a misfire in memory.

The materialist in me always considered it a physical misfire kind of thing.  A rather simple misappropriation of a present experience which instead of being held as a short term memory, is mistakenly appropriated instead into long term memory storage, giving a present experience the sense of coming from deep past memory. 

That sense has mostly dissolved and unfolded through repeated experience into what now seems more like a function of ancestral memory, a deep biological knowingnesses hard wired into the living dna fabric of our bodies.

When it arises lately, it's one more indication of the ceaselessly interconnected nature of the universe... the one long flowing unfoldingness that never ceases, never runs out and I usually refer to as dao.  It is a biproduct of what we are and who we've always been, unfolding in awareness now, while connected to the unending flow of the all in all.

Take the Monarch butterflies for instance.  The butterflies that return to the North each Spring are the great, great grandchildren of the Monarchs that left for the overwintering trees in Mexico and Southern California the year before.   It's akin to me, moving back to the same house my Great Grandparents Hannah and Haagen lived in in South Dakota when they immigrated here in 1861.

In animals we call it instinct and it seems utterly natural, yet magical.  Closest I can describe it in is a type of ancestral memory woven directly into the biological structure of our very human bodies. 

The more I sit in simple presence and stillness the greater the sense of awe in this physical manifestation I refer to as my body becomes. 

Our bodies have such wisdom in them, such deep, deep awareness and wisdom. 

Like they're woven from the wisdom of awareness and survival itself.

The visceral sense of something previously not encountered in this incarnation.

• Like 2

One thing I forgot to mention is that while walking back a belted kingfisher tried to get our attention, it called, followed us and then hovered in the air looking straight at us for about 7 seconds before landing on the roof of the structure where I had previous mentioned experience.

Something tells me that in spring things will become more clear. I don't think winter will make me any wiser in these matters. But then again, what do I know.

This is just a reference to what I found about the kingfisher (the North American one). It resonates so deeply with me, and when reading this to my wife she says this is exactly what I am going through.

Kingfisher indicates a period of increased mental and spiritual activity. He will show how to manifest your destiny by listening to your intuition. Since psychic perceptions are increasing, he will instruct how to remain grounded in the earth and be comfortable in doing so. Take time for yourself in quite solitude connecting to Mother Earth. Grounding and centering is needed. Although he may be shy, he knows how to strike with determination. How are you using your "dagger-like bill"? He will teach the art of timing and when to act. Kingfisher demonstrates excellent visionary skills and will teach how track your "prey". He directs attention to feelings and what is unseen. Watch carefully what is going around you. Listen to your dreams and visions. He shows it is time for forward movement, letting go, forgiving the past. Kingfisher's medicine guides in seeing into the depths of emotions and into the un/subconscious. His lesson goes much deeper than what is on the surface. This is another opportunity to balance masculine and feminine energies. He aids communication and reaching higher spiritual energies along with the ability to express ideas with coherence. Take care of your upper energy centers for they will increase in sensitivity. Kingfisher presents a time of prosperity, love, warmth, and a new found peace of mind. The time period for Kingfisher is about a month of exploring and learning and another month of adapting the new energies. Pay attention to its color which correlates to the area in which to personally reflect upon.

lso known as the Halycon, the Kingfisher is a long-time symbol of peace and prosperity. It has many legends and superstitions surrounding it with many originating in ancient Greece; the body of the Kingfisher, if dried, could ward off thunderbolts and storms.

It is said the Kingfisher is the promise of abundance, of new warmth, prosperity and love that is about to unfold within your life.

In Greek mythology Alcyone, daughter of Aeolus (king of the winds), found her husband drowned and cast herself into the sea. The gods rewarded her devotion by turning her into a kingfisher, and Aeolus forbade the winds to blow during the "Halcyon Days" (the seven days before and the seven after the winter solstice, when legend has it that the kingfisher lays its eggs).

It's been a hard year for me. Or more honestly a hard 4 years.

I yearn for a peaceful time with re-found warmth, love and prosperity.

In any case; Grace be given. This world is so beautiful despite all suffering, Grace be given.

more ?  ...

Aussie kingfishers

sacred-kingfishers_birds-australia.jpg

'Sacred' Kingfisher

v2_Sacred_Kingfisher_2.jpg

Azure

azure_kingfisher.jpg

paul-margocsy-australian-forest-kingfish

The 'King' 

maxresdefault.jpg

About 2 weeks ago a Kookaburra swooped and landed at my feet as I was gardening, he nabbed a red bellied black snake coming towards me and wrestled it and beat it up,  just 2 feet in front of me - saw the whole thing -  then eventually, head first down the hatch - took about 2 minutes to get it all down, then flew off up (with great effort , 'under load' into a tree  - thanks for that ! 

The 'magical familiar' location thing  ?  Yeah  .... strong for me , a few incidents ....   just got visitor ,  no time now, more later .

• Like 4

I had a very vivid dream, riding motorcycle along a road, pine forest either side, then came to a cross road, the  forest was still continuing up to the cross road, other side on the corner was a park and in the park was a small convoy of light army vehicles, some soldiers were standing around chatting and drinking tea, or coffee, they had a small fire going on the BBQ there on the opposite corner was a small store.  Insignificant ... but curious in its detail and vividness.

A few weeks later,  I a am on my  motorcycle trying to find a small town in Queensland, I must have missed a turn in my directions as I kept going and going and didnt spot the described landmarks, I had been riding for ages through a pine forest and decided to turn around and go back. There was a cross road sign ahead, so I continued to there ..... and  .....t he  forest was still continuing up to the cross road, other side on the corner was a park and in the park was a small convoy of light army vehicles, some soldiers were standing around chatting and drinking tea, or coffee, they had a small fire going on the BBQ there on the opposite corner was a small store...,WTF!  I looked around and saw a sign 'Ravensholme'  ,  and I had recently accepted raven as a totem (due to certain occurrences) and  had one tattooed on my left arm. 

I havent a clue about the significance of this.    I guess one could  'dream visit' a site , but  the time factor ( the  army convoy) really stumped me .

A few times I have had dreams about a house or events in a certain house ..... seen the street in a dream,  found the street  in real life- but no such house in it .

?   :huh:

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 2:31 PM, Nungali said:

I havent a clue about the significance of this.    I guess one could  'dream visit' a site , but  the time factor ( the  army convoy) really stumped me .

?   :huh:

Isn't it strange?

Did one dream visit a place, or remembered the future? or saw things through someone else's awareness?

I hope researchers are doing some research into this. I'm conducting my own research in this in some way and try to notice omens and synchronicities more now. And try to act more on hunches. 

I'm getting more and more amazed by the human experience I am experiencing like my eyes opened in a certain way and although everything is basically the same, it starts to look different. 

11 hours ago, Hannes said:

Isn't it strange?

Did one dream visit a place, or remembered the future? or saw things through someone else's awareness?

I hope researchers are doing some research into this. I'm conducting my own research in this in some way and try to notice omens and synchronicities more now. And try to act more on hunches. 

Hunches seem to suggest intuition.  Intuition is most successful in fields one is more familiar with ( been many studies on that) . It is like a function of the 'hidden intellect' or, perhaps, unconscious ;  it is processing a huge amount of data ( the part we are not aware of) and sending results to our conscious mind ( that part we are aware of ) .  It can be an import and and valuable process.

Synchronicity is also based on mental functions  but the conscious mind 'interferes' more .  Many studies have been done on this too. It does not seem to be an important or valuable occurrence.

Omens, I cant see in nay other perspective but the shamanic .  I would not try to examine it 'scientifically'.

So, omens and hunches ....... hmmmm ....  I think I have 'been there'  ; one day I decided to do everything on that level,    I wondered what happens if one does a 'meditation' where for a day, one tries to make all decisions ... ALL decisions ... via omens and intuition .   It turned out to be a very amazing day .  

11 hours ago, Hannes said:

I'm getting more and more amazed by the human experience I am experiencing like my eyes opened in a certain way and although everything is basically the same, it starts to look different. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

So, omens and hunches ....... hmmmm ....  I think I have 'been there'  ; one day I decided to do everything on that level,    I wondered what happens if one does a 'meditation' where for a day, one tries to make all decisions ... ALL decisions ... via omens and intuition .   It turned out to be a very amazing day .  

I think I will try this. I already try to follow my omens and even more my intuitions. In the past following my intuition let me to find my wife, move to a different continent, find a new job, etc.

That is one of the reasons I am already inclined to follow intuitions.

Maybe I should keep a log about following intuition/omens and see what it teaches me.