Sign in to follow this  
Zen Pig

The simplicity of meditation.

Having meditated for a while now,  I have come to see one very simple thing that can get not only myself , but maybe others stuck.  I would write a book on it, but if I did,  this would be the whole book. 

"Don't over think meditation, its not about thinking, don't try to stop thinking, or try to do anything, just sit".......... wow. short book.  think Oprah would have me on?  LOL

• Like 5

There are many different approach to mind training and a lot more different meditation methods to suit different needs or to achieve different objectives. 

To think differently is a meditation by itself! 

• Like 2

yes. i agree. i do neigong meditation, among other things,  and what the west calls " mindfulness meditation", what  ever that is. but  for me, it is about just being in this "suchness" which is a term i like because in the west does not bring up pre-conceived thoughts.  it transcends our thinking  mind, but that's all i got. might be off, or on, just walk the unknown road. 

• Like 1

I am always surprised how open, liberating yet normal meditation is. It is simple. Easy. Constantly reachable, on and off the cushion. It gives life a new dimension. One that is often very raw as one awakes from the dream that things are solid and once again realises the fragility of existence. :D Well enough of my faux "expertise". Just... you are right. Thx for sharing.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this