The last three times I've been to this barber I've felt stabbed in the back: vulnerable in the back, more precisely in the back of my neck, at the base of my head, like someone had hit me with a karate chop, and my head all wobbly with this overwhelming feeling of confusion. 

I conclude my back aura is weak. There's a weak point at that spot that these hairdressers exploit. It happens way too much to be an accident either. They know what they're doing. I could hardly listen to someone speak after I went yesterday. 

When someone is standing in front of me usually that never happens because I'm alert but since these people are standing behind me the whole time they're doing what they're doing they can just chip away at my neck whenever they feel like it.  After all is done, I have a chance to show myself to them which makes them cower into submission. But from behind, they get away with it. 

As a hairdresser, I can say with almost 100% certainty that they are not exploiting any energetic weakness you might perceive you have. They want to get your haircut done, rebook you, collect your money and move on to the next client. 

There is typically a mirror in front of you, you can see them and they can see you. It is not like they are sneaking up behind you to perform some malicious act. They are performing a service requested by you. Use the mirror to watch them and you will find that are cutting your hair and not attacking you from a position you seem to think you are vulnerable in. 

No hairdresser i have ever met, and I have met thousands, wants to harm or make a client uncomfortable. It is their livelihood, their source of income. They'd be without a clientele and out of business if they did.

• Like 4

I'm not attacking hairdressers. I'm just saying it IS a good position to be in if you happen to be someone like that. Think of the power they have. Because even though I can see them in the mirror, they're not looking at me; they're cutting my hair like you say. But certain professions do attract certain types of people. That's a fact. The cliche of the hairdresser that likes to gossip, talk behind your back, who's superficial, who's dramatic, who's loud. You're obviously not like that but in every cliche you will find a grain of truth and it is that grain of truth that I want you to explore. Think of this, what happens to your hair when you lose energy? it falls off, right--cancer for example. What is the first thing people tend to do when they cut themselves off from society, cut their hair. They shaved the heads of these poor women who benefited from or consorted with the Nazis as a badge of shame.

What I'm saying is that hair is important. Hair has always been a symbol of beauty and power, starting with the story of Samson and Delilah, where Samson’s strength was apparently measured by the length of his hair. Once his hair was cut, he no longer had any of his superhuman strength. In ancient times, there also appears to have been a link between hair as a symbol of beauty and female deception. In fact, Delilah deceived and betrayed Samson when she cut his hair while he was asleep.

With the thousands of hairdressers you've met, I'm sure you mustv'e seen your fair shair of clever manipulative and not so innocent I'm-just-cutting-your-hair-because-I-like-it situations. 

As many times the material world serves as simply an acting out of the immaterial. It is not inconceivable to think that perhaps many people who choose to act out this profession do so for different reasons then yourself. 

Edited by dawn90
  • Like 1

I'd recommend learning to cut your own hair, and perhaps getting into Mettas, ie meditations based on loving kindness and wishing others well.. even the worst of us.. the hair dressers :)    i bet once you capture a strong inner smile and projection of love, the vulnerability will close, or rather you get comfortable being open.  Take chances with it, there's a strength and bravery there. 

Letting them be them and you be you. 

• Like 1

Have you tried other places? Maybe the hairdressers you've been seeing have some kind of negative qi...but other ones might not. It's true that sometimes there are individuals that aren't good for us to be around.

If you experience the same thing at multiple different places, I'd suggest that it's just something within you and doesn't have to do with them.

For a weak aura in a certain area, you should build your own internal qi. I'd say to practice zhan zhuang. That will over time cause your qi to rise up the du mai, which will help it spread through the neck area so that it's energetically protected.

54 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I'd recommend learning to cut your own hair, and perhaps getting into Mettas, ie meditations based on loving kindness and wishing others well.. even the worst of us.. the hair dressers :)

The salon had its rules, and I loved the challenge of trying to master them. I learned how to smile and be polite with the people surrounding me, and prided myself for noticing details that they missed. The salon was a jungle of complex, and often bizarre, cultural and political and social activity, and I appointed myself its daytime Tarzan. I'd know when to sit still and let her do her job, and when to speed up the chat when silence threatened emptiness. Betrayal of trust was hard to take. How could she use soft words like that. 

I just had a negative experience at a barbershop.  Much younger cutters then they used to have.  The young woman cutting my hair talked constantly to her coworkers and even stopped to look at photos on anothers phone.  It made for an unpleasant experience. 

It was the only time I  didn't leave a tip for a hair cut.  I was hoping it'd send a message that you have to be professional.  On the other hand, it was pretty good cut.    And it's just a hair cut, no biggie in the scheme of things or even of the day.   Sanity is often defined in how fast we can get over the negative stuff. 

addin

lookin back my negative experience while somewhat justified yet was wholly egoic, in a better mood, I might have gone with the flow, joined in even and had a much better time.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Sanity is often defined in how fast we can over the negative stuff. 

Ain't that the truth?

dawn90, your posts in this thread read as though you're full of assumptions and magical thinking. Just sayin...

On 10/25/2018 at 8:26 AM, dawn90 said:

After all is done, I have a chance to show myself to them which makes them cower into submission.

To me, THIS ^ is worthy of more investigation. I'd go as far as saying that it is probably more important to focus on the above rather than worry about whether or not your 'back aura' is weak. As it stands, I personally wouldn't want to give advice on how to strengthen a 'back aura' to anyone who demonstrates that they may potentially utilize that strength in order to make others 'cower into submission'. Again, just sayin... 

I concur with the thelerner's recommendation here...METTA practice. 

With Love, 

RD

• Like 3

I have a strong presence that can make certain people uneasy. But the effect is stronger from the front as I imagine it 's always the case for just about everybody. And I think what happened is that I went in there (the salon) and my presence made her uncomfortable--she avoided eye contact, put her head down, and showed me to my seat. Now my back is facing her and I'm in a seated position, completely different from before. Everything was completely different: she wasn't as intimidated of course, and I was sitting and she was standing, obviously. So since my back was turned towards her she felt emboldened ans started asking me these weird questions and probing and making me feel really uncomfortable. It offended me, but not because she tried something on me, but because she did it when I was with my back turned. She knew what she was doing. And then when the whole thing was over and I got up out of that chair and faced her she again couldn't look at me. And when I say face her, I mean it in the most litteral sense. I was in front of her. I didn't do anything. I was just in front of her, didn't say a word, neither with my lips nor with my body language. I didn't even notice she was doing what she was doing until later when I walked out of the salon, and I had time to think about it. I couldn't think straight, and I had to lie down, and I was exhausted. You know when someone messes with you and you only notice afterwards and you feel exhausted. And you think what just happened. That's how I felt. 

Edited by dawn90
  • Like 1

On 26/10/2018 at 3:01 AM, Kar3n said:

As a hairdresser, I can say with almost 100% certainty that they are not exploiting any energetic weakness you might perceive you have. They want to get your haircut done, rebook you, collect your money and move on to the next client. 

There is typically a mirror in front of you, you can see them and they can see you. It is not like they are sneaking up behind you to perform some malicious act. They are performing a service requested by you. Use the mirror to watch them and you will find that are cutting your hair and not attacking you from a position you seem to think you are vulnerable in. 

No hairdresser i have ever met, and I have met thousands, wants to harm or make a client uncomfortable. It is their livelihood, their source of income. They'd be without a clientele and out of business if they did.

Well .... of course you would say that !    probably to protect your fellow members of the   Hairdresser Rear Energy Harvesting Guild.

I know what you guys are up to !    

Its all .....    "would you like a little more off the top "  .......   and then   :

image.png.9a2acf8af289418ad502c5c4d13f72d6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Think of the power someone could have from that position... 

You said it right there. Those are your words. This is like 99% of people who have a button that people push. You're walking around with a huge button behind you, that says "PUSH ME!!!!" 

And the hair dresser says, oh nice button, push, and continue dressing. 

And ur like "DUUUUUUUUUUDE! YOU PUSHED MY BUTTON!" 

Hair dresser "uh, it said push right there!" 

"DUUUUUDE! YOU FKING PUSHED MY BUTTON MAN!" 

"I'm sorry, relax, ok, wtf do you want from me."

"pfff... Weak man. You shoulden't have pushed my button... I didn't place it behind my neck for no good reason." 

Hairdresser "yeah thats what I thought! I thought you placed the button there for a good reason! Why would you even place it there unless it was for a good reason?! Please stop killing me!" 

You: "hmmm... You're right, maybe I should remove this button from here."

In other words. 

They don't have any power over you from that position. 

You give them YOUR POWER and then you MAKE THEM USE ALL OF YOUR POWER AGAINST YOU! 

THAT IS HOW POWERFUL YOU ARE! 

Edited by Everything

Yeah, and all I'm saying is that my button is at the back of my head (weak back aura). I'm very stabbeble at the back.

Have you been developing your back chakras. ?    Most people do not, hence most people are vulnerable there .

Especially the one   below  the Bindu chakra at   the foramem magnum .  Developed, it aids psychic energy and abilities, undeveloped its a very sensitive area .   - check it out, get a friend to hold their finger away from it and slowly come closer to it, you  will feel something as they get close, but before they touch you .    Its also a deadly MA target !  .

I suggest you get a cranio-sacral balance .  Its like a 'tidal flushout'  (the tide being the difference in pressure between the cranial and the spinal fluids - naturally there is a slight flow from one to the other and back again, a good CST  massage slightly increases this flow and helps to clear and  hence strengthen the  'FM chakra' .  )

16 hours ago, Everything said:

In other words. 

They don't have any power over you from that position. 

You give them YOUR POWER and then you MAKE THEM USE ALL OF YOUR POWER AGAINST YOU! 

THAT IS HOW POWERFUL YOU ARE! 

I get what you are saying. But she must be held accountable also, right? I mean, I'm not god. 

Are you insinuating that I'm this guy?

Edited by dawn90

1 hour ago, dawn90 said:

I get what you are saying. But she must be held accountable also, right? I mean, I'm not god. 

Accountable?

Find a new hairdresser and move on. I am sure she hasn't give you a second thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We all have our crazinesses.  Its normal, but if they get obsessive and interfere with life, that's a problem. 

I'm hoping that the hair dresser feelings are more a one off, and that you're not constantly framing things in power vs powerless state of mind.   If you are, then it may be something to work on, cause most situations are harmless and the me vs others keeps the body in a state of anxiety that isn't good. 

It's not easy but its mentality that should be examined and probably dropped. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, dawn90 said:

Are you insinuating that I'm this guy?

You can fight, but the world wont fight with you. And when you die, you will join the world. You can fight, but the time continues. Every second does not stop for a fighting person. Every second that comes after that second, also continues to express itself fully. The planet does not go out of orbit, when you think that what is happening is out of orbit. This is injustice! You say. This does not belong here! But gravity does not cease to support it. And the morning sun does not cease to bless it. The wind continues to bring you and everyone fresh oxigen. And clouds and rain. Even when christmas comes, the big barbarian of town goes and hunt deer with bare hands and axe. His red blood soaked cloak is recognized by all. For he brings food to the people in days of cold. Where people fear nature, this man is celebrated. He rides the wave of abbundant life in the cold forrest. For the people, to bring them of its blessings. To those who wish to hide and remain dry. So the warmth of kindness can keep them alive. And the deer don't hold a grudge on this barbarian called santa. They greet him and they greet their death, like they greet the morning sun. 

Everything continues to be. No matter what it is. People don't like being called bad, so they always call bad those who call them bad. Because everyone was born good, knowing their goodness as a core of who they are. That does not mean everyone is indifferent. Because there is infinite variety. Of people, of experiences. Of species. Do you see seagulls walking amongst the wolves? Do you see, see seagulls going up to the wolves and telling them, hey wolves, you do not belong here. You are bad. Go away or I will kill you. For I will call upon my entire species and rain down on you of my seagul birdy poopy and you will drown in them. Go now, go to the moon and fart rainbow clouds untill you arrive at Andromedan. And never come back... Or do you see the seagulls flying over the land of wolves and recognizing this is home, because wolves are also here. And there is enough room for both. To live amongst eachother in harmony and peace, wity zero effort, except to be who it is you are by your nature, by who it is you simply are. And to just be yourself. For you deserve to be, like anyone else. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, dawn90 said:

That was pretty good. 

You are the goodness.That is the consciousness of who you truely are, as all that you truely are. And when you allow this good conscious nature to fully flow through, you feel good aswell. As you were born good and are thus ment to feel good. 

And when people act when they feel bad, they always become less conscious and forgetful of all that they truely are, as the good nature they were born as, and the good feeling nature that they truely are and are always ment to be. And they will never be satisfied by anything less than all of the good they truely are. For you have to allow yourself to fully flow your infinitely good nature through you, in order to feel fulfilled with the full nature of who it is you truely are as an infinitely good and eternally good consciousness that is all that it is who it is you truely are and will forever be ever more into the ever expanding nature of all that you truely always have been and always will be and always are, always right here, and right now. Where even all of existance wakes up to more of all that it is. Forevermore. Through you. Through me. Through everyone. And everything. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1