Clouded_mirror

Hi😁 (This is intended to he posted on the welcome page as required)

Hi all ( this is supposed to be posted on the welcome page and I am very sorry if it is not- This was the only link I could find)

I'm new to forums and things of this nature so please excuse any "noob" mistakes

So......, I would describe myself as extremely lost. I started studying taoism ravenously 2 years ago snd eventuslly ended up learning a few things from the universal healing dao, but I couldn't go to any lectures or but products due to age issues and whatnot.

And so with a lack of resources and the fact that I was finding more and more holes in the system with every passing day I eventually gave up and left taoism behind.

Or so i thought. In truth, tao/daoism has always lingered at the back of my mind and I have never truly escaped from the desire to learn more and practise.

Trying to find answers on the internet however has proved to be difficult with so many loosing opinions, no real "facts" and a heck of alot of liars.

So really it doesn't make much sense that I could end up at a forum as the whole point is to discuss and express opinions but I feel as if this is a place where i can form my own views In a less chsotic space and with the help of knowlegable people.

As a heads up a lot of my questions will probably be to do with neidan (Yes I like to dream big) and sexual practices (please be mature) as they are the things I am most interested in currently and because they are the things I am able to find the least amount of information on (and a f*ck ton of contradictions)

Ps.(can I swear here?🤨🤔 it's probably a stupid question but oh well....)

• Like 2

Hello, Clouded_mirror, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Clouded_Mirror,

I think forums are valuable for that reason - you can parse through other views and information and come to your own conclusion.  It's all about following your heart. :) Enjoy!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Welcome to the board, I look forward to your conversations. 

I think its important to give some slack to those with different (from our pov wrong views) as opposed to those who are lying.  Maybe I'm naive but I think there's many more of the former then latter.  Both can be annoying but that's the net and what makes it interesting.

Sexually I'm more interested in rhythms then positions these days. 

• Like 1

Hi Clouded_Mirror.  Welcome.

Regarding Taoist Philosophy:  I always recommend reading a couple/few different translations of the TTC (Lao Tzu) then read at least one translation of the Chuang Tzu.  Then go back to the TTC and find a or some translations that speak to you.

Translations of both can be found here:  https://terebess.hu/english/lexikon/t.html

After that it will be easier to journey into various other aspects of life with Taoism at their center.

And don't fucking swear too much.  But some words are the best for presenting emphasis.

Happy journey!

• Like 3

yes swearing is for small minded people. learning some new words myself.

welcome clouded mirror. hopefully you get to stay around and figure things out a bit.

sagebrush welcomes you to the dao bums.

don't be foiled by some of the folks here operating more than one chess player on the board.

some have husbands that are deceased and these same ones shortly after have wives that are good cooks.....

that sure is some pseudoscience.....but then again,,,,the devil is in the details.

:-0

I've got rhythm yes I do

I've  got  rhythm how bout you?

my apologies...left over enthusiasm from my glory days as cheerleader.{pom poms}

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Hi Clouded_Mirror.  Welcome.

Regarding Taoist Philosophy:  I always recommend reading a couple/few different translations of the TTC (Lao Tzu) then read at least one translation of the Chuang Tzu.  Then go back to the TTC and find a or some translations that speak to you.

Translations of both can be found here:  https://terebess.hu/english/lexikon/t.html

After that it will be easier to journey into various other aspects of life with Taoism at their center.

And don't fucking swear too much.  But some words are the best for presenting emphasis.

Happy journey!

Thanks for the resources!

• Like 1