dwai

Central channel or Heart Field?

7 hours ago, dawei said:

In Medical Qigong I was taught, you never absorb another's energy... you can pull it out but then shake it off; you can let it flow through and out of you.  The three principles were:  Purge, tonify, regulate.  Just pulling it out can leave a void or imbalance behind.   Leaving it now in you can cause an imbalance too.

In more recent methods instead,  while there may be an energy loop of transmitting and receiving, there is nothing about absortion.  I might feel a throat issue on another but I am not intentionally taking it on but sensing it.  Instead, I would bring them to an expanded space where their energy can release more freely.   

I agree - though the most profound healer I ever worked with brought the others energy up his arm and diverted it into his feces or urine while doing a specific hard breathing sound.

He ask nothing or very little and the healings were incredibly palpable, specific and immediate.

If anyone recognizes what I am talking about - this specific type of healing please let me know. I was young when this happened and did not fully appreciate just how incredible it was until after he left to study in Hawaii with some Kahuna.

In his method he would place a his right hand on the body and send energy and the left hand was placed on another part and it took in energy and that was then diverted downward in the completed circuit. He would ask the patient to breath as well though just regularly.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2018 at 2:24 PM, dwai said:

In Damo Mitchell's new book titled "A comprehensive guide to Daoist Nei gong", I found him distinguishing between the cultivation/working with the Central Channel from that of working with the Heart field. According to the book, most Daoist lineages deal with the former and seldom refer to the latter.

In my own experience, I found that the Central Channel development does seem to be the main focus of the daoist traditions I've studied. However, when I went to my master, it seems he was working on both, albeit the heart field cultivation is something that he added to the traditional teachings he was handed down from his master.  He often tells us that the most powerful force in the universe is love and the heart field energy is that of love primarily (albeit he doesn't specifically discuss the heart field). 

Would love to hear more thoughts on this. 

From what I've seen, it seems best to cultivate 

everything.

With an accent on heart, central channel, and head.  Don't forget Mr. head.

We did central channel,  all levels of body, arms and hands, included creating different meridian systems.  You could say the legs had less focus, but that's ok because they get forced to work as channels whether they like it or not.

I read a neat book with the most scientific explanation of how the human energy system works, all backed up with pure science research by a genius.  Who was extradited from his community of MDs, temporarily, until they realized he was right, which took quite a while.  I think the book was titled "The Body Electric", not sure, I might be thinking of two different books.

Long story short.  They used hypersensitive magnetometers in a room that was absolutely magnetically shielded from the Earth's field.  Chi kung master(s) which they tested have a hundred times more energy in their palms than a civilian, and a thousand times more energy in their hearts than civilians.  I imagine they could have gotten a higher reading for hand energy if they had tested Mr. Yueng while he was emitting energy  :)

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

the human energy system

Hi Steve,

The system is powered externally...?

tumblr_n8d65jDp9L1sjwwzso2_500.gif

... and then empowered further... by Mr Head... in conjunction with Ms Heart and...

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Don't forget Mr. head.

happy-summer2.gif

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 8:14 PM, Spotless said:

I agree - though the most profound healer I ever worked with brought the others energy up his arm and diverted it into his feces or urine while doing a specific hard breathing sound.

He ask nothing or very little and the healings were incredibly palpable, specific and immediate.

If anyone recognizes what I am talking about - this specific type of healing please let me know. I was young when this happened and did not fully appreciate just how incredible it was until after he left to study in Hawaii with some Kahuna.

In his method he would place a his right hand on the body and send energy and the left hand was placed on another part and it took in energy and that was then diverted downward in the completed circuit. He would ask the patient to breath as well though just regularly.

I recognize it but only because it sounds like how I do things, which I intuitively developed after having worked through opening laogung & arm channels.  except the other hand doesnt necessarily need to be touching anything, its just the creation of the polarity and flow across difference of the potentials.  right adds and left reduces, all with intent-flavor.

I never really had the energy sensitivity to tell the difference with either hand/arm before having done the practices to open the channels. 

(same with mco, and why what I deciphered is an mco-opener)

Edited by joeblast

On 7/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, joeblast said:

I never really had the energy sensitivity to tell the difference with either hand/arm before having done the practices to open the channels.

Hi joeblast,

I never really had the energy sensitivity to tell the difference...

ENERGY is ONE?

- Anand

On 10/23/2018 at 9:37 AM, dwai said:

The Heart field deals with Self-cultivation (the spiritual heart is the seat of the self).

Hi dwai,

If I don't cultivate myself ~ I will find it difficult to seat?

I will be rootless, unsettled...?

- Anand

On 2018-10-23 at 4:16 PM, dwai said:

I've not met even one such practitioner in person. I've read some kooks write about it on TDB though ;) 

Dwaimandem my friend, pray that you never do, i have and at first i trusted them and it put me off these practices for a time out of sheer desillusion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Dwaimandem my friend, pray that you never do, i have and at first i trusted them and it put me off these practices for a time out of sheer desillusion.

I'm sorry you had to go through what you did. My "laughing reaction" wasn't at you, but at the folks you mentioned. Glad you were able to extricate yourself from the situation. 

• Haha 1

for those who might be interested, my master talks about love, emptiness and true nature here --

• Like 2

On 2019-07-10 at 8:39 PM, dwai said:

I'm sorry you had to go through what you did. My "laughing reaction" wasn't at you, but at the folks you mentioned. Glad you were able to extricate yourself from the situation. 

Totally friend, i understood the react and i wrote the post in a spirit of humor

:)

Don’t be sorry, it was an enriching experience in the end and it lead me to revert to Sifu for questions and new perspective, things changed drastically.

• Like 1